Worst Line In A "Batman" movie ever!

Damn, I just watched Batman Forever last night for the 1st time in years. Some of Two-Face's dialogue is infuriating and downright......'campy'. I could put it another way but I don't want to offend anyone.

"Nice coat!"

especially that last one really killed the mood of that scene for me...
I loved that line in Batman Begins. That homeless man was very funny, and I felt it was done to show that Batman is a human after all.

I thought it was terrible. We just saw Batman's first outing. He's a ghost, a demon, a beast, ambushing an entire crew of gangsters and beating them. Then he climbs on top of Falcone's car and pulls him up, scaring the bejeezus out of him, saying "I'm BATMAN" and headbutting him. Then, instead of just flying off like the immense badass he is, he PAUZES FOR A LITTLE "WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" JOKE to a homeless guy who just happens to be the same homeless guy Bruce met ten years ago...

Everything that was cool about the scene dies, right then and there. :o

:woot:

...how?

Wasn't the first 67 minutes enough evidence of that?:csad:

I found this Homeless man very funny. "You should tip better". That was hilarious :woot:. And the fact that Batman took time to talk to him just made it better.

"This town needs an enema!" enuf said.

Best line in that movie.

I hate "begged....like a dog!" not because it's badly written but because of Wilkinson's delivery.

Best line in that movie.

I hate "begged....like a dog!" not because it's badly written but because of Wilkinson's delivery.

Wilkinson's Brooklyn accent left a lot to be desired. I mean I thought it was rather obvious that Falcone was always played like Don Vito Corleone, especially in "The Long Halloween" (that whole opening with Johnny Viti's wedding and Harvey Dent getting License Plates was clearly and blantantly ripped right out of "Godfather")

But I guess Wilkinson didn't bother reading the comics that Falcone was featured in, because the moment he opened his mouth and said "You're taller than you look in the tabloids, Mr. Wayne" I literally cringed for an instant and thought "What the hell is this?"

Part of that was probably just because I, like every other reader, fabricated an idea of what Falcone would sound like through the dialogue of the books.

But I just have this gut feeling that, given how Loeb played him in "TLH," none of said readers, myself included, imagined the character having an accent a'la Deniro in "Taxi Driver."

CFE

The Scarecrow's goofy pun "You need to lighten up."

excepting all of B&R the line that has always bugged me the most was catwoman's "sorry max, a die for a die" at the end of batman returns. just awful

But I guess Wilkinson didn't bother reading the comics that Falcone was featured in, because the moment he opened his mouth and said "You're taller than you look in the tabloids, Mr. Wayne" I literally cringed for an instant and thought "What the hell is this?"

Part of that was probably just because I, like every other reader, fabricated an idea of what Falcone would sound like through the dialogue of the books.
Well, I don't entirely enjoy Wilkinson's dialect as Falcone, but they had to take it in a very different direction from the comics, cause otherwise you are indeed ripping off Vito Corleone from The Godfather.

Anyway, the way Falcone was written in the script didn't really require him to articulate the way he does in the comics. It was a very different character in the script than in the comics, so a different character came from the acting, it's only natural.

Well, I don't entirely enjoy Wilkinson's dialect as Falcone, but they had to take it in a very different direction from the comics, cause otherwise you are indeed ripping off Vito Corleone from The Godfather.

Anyway, the way Falcone was written in the script didn't really require him to articulate the way he does in the comics. It was a very different character in the script than in the comics, so a different character came from the acting, it's only natural.

Yeah, you're right.

I guess I wished Falcone was played a bit more straight. I mean the way Falcone was portrayed in "Begins" didn't really sell the idea that he was 'untouchable.' In "TLH," even though Batman could get close to him easily enough, Batman himself still had to work long and hard to even try to put a dent in his operations.

But in "Begins," thanks to both the dialogue and Wilkinson's performance, Falcone kind of comes off as somewhat of a baffoon to me. Initially in the comics, there was a regalness to the character that Wilkinson, IMO, didn't really capture.

I suppose that's always been one of the main concerns with me when it comes to Batman-Media outside the realms of the books. The fact that for a city so entrenched in corruption and graft, the mob element is seemingly easy to dispatch.

I do commend Nolan for at least attempting to make that not the case by bringing Maroni into "TDK" ... unlike the previous franchise in which the gangs were history after Carl Grissom was killed by The Joker (I guess that Maroni cameo in "Forever" sort of counts, but still...).

CFE

"Oh no its boiling acid". Everything about that line makes me shuddder!

That guys delivery on the "oh no! boiling acid!" line makes me laugh like an idiot every time I hear it.

lol. It took me a minute to remember where that line was from. :o

"it's the car right, chicks love the car".

lol. I actually like that line. :o

Wow, they were dead? I always thought they just passed out...hm...well, that adds a lot more of a morbid feeling to that scene.

I think if people paid more attention to the Burton movies they would be more respected.

"why are all the beautiful ones homicidal maniacs, is it me?"
"You break it you buy it"
"Bad yes guy no"

just a sample of batman and robin's well written script

OH.. I have to second the 'Chicks dig the car' as my number one choice.

"Talk about the Cold shoulder"

"I'm a lover not a fighter, thats why every Poison Ivy Action Figure Comes With Him!"

"You Get the ice, i get the iceman"

"Its the hockey team from hell!"

"A Laundry service that delivers!"

Though I haven't actually had to bear watching all of Batman and Robin. I've only ever seen like the last ten minutes or so. I just watched a video that had a lot of bad lines.

Batman: Why would Ivy help freeze?
Robin: Because she's evil.

I really laughed at that. In fact throughout the whole video I was laughing.

In Batman Begins, I always hated the line Gordon says after the Tumbler drives away. "I gotta get me one of those"

In fact, most of Batman Begins' "comic relief" is pretty awful. All except scenes between Alfred and Bruce at least.

"The Ice Age". Indeed, likely among the most idiotic lines in cinematic history.

This isnt a line...but the scene where Dick Grayson is essentially a laundry ninja in Batman Forever always makes me cringe.

"Talk about the Cold shoulder"

"I'm a lover not a fighter, thats why every Poison Ivy Action Figure Comes With Him!"

"You Get the ice, i get the iceman"

"Its the hockey team from hell!"

"A Laundry service that delivers!"

I agree with you, they are all TERRIBLE lines. I can think of some more:

"It's winter forever here in Gotham!"

"Sorry my vines have a crush on you hahaha gotta go so many people to kill so little time…" (I always HATED everything about that line. The delivery made me want to cry)

"There’s just something about an anatomically correct rubber suit that puts fire in a girl’s lips." (They actually put in a line about those damn nipples!)

"Can you be cold Batman?"

There are many many more lines i don't like from Batman and Robin and Batman Forever, and a few from the Burton and Nolan films (I don't like the "Nice Coat" line).

In BB I hate the whole Bruce-Thomas Wayne dialogue on the monorail. :down:

"Nice coat" and the "excuse me" in BB realy bug me a lot every time I see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"