Marvel Films Worst MCU movie?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
It seems we have had a few new contenders for this the last couple of years so thought I would do a new thread and poll for them. Vote away people

Ah it won’t let me add a poll?

Can mods close this and let me know how to do a poll these days?

As a die hard spidey fan, Far From Home might be my least favorite. Along with ant man and captain marvel

Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Ant-man and the Wasp, Far from Home, and Eternals are bottom rung for me.

I could see Quantamania and the Marvels being down there as well but I've only seen each one once and recall enjoying more from those 2 than the above.

I’m going with Quantumania, since bringing the Ant Family into an environment where the visual impact of their size changing abilities was completely eliminated doomed the film from the start. When supposedly giant sized Scott and Cassie hug near the end of the film it was impossible to figure out how large they were supposed to be in relation to that world. The third film should have taken place in Las Vegas. Or Paris. Or literally anywhere else.

Quantumania is a disaster, can't imagine there ever being a worse MCU film. The script consists of bad decisions upon bad decisions and it's an absolute eyesore. The Incredible Hulk is also a charmless bore.

Easy. Thor: The Dark World. Nothing has come close.

A long way after that comes Avengers: Age of Ultron.

After that The Marvels followed by Iron Man 2.

Thor: The Dark World was one of the worst movies I’ve seen (saying this as someone who goes to the theaters at least twice a week every week every year of my life). Bored me to death. Thankfully they went a different direction afterwards. It was leagues better than Catwoman, but on par with Green Lantern.

Age of Ultron, like Iron Man 2, was attempting to set up way too much - some of which never actually came to full fruition. Particularly in the case of Thor. Or were largely skipped over, Banner and Natasha.

Iron Man 2 was rushed out with its main focus being set-up, it showed then and still does now.

The Marvels completely went against the tone of the original which felt like a classic 90s blockbuster.

Every other Marvel film hasn’t reached these to me.

Last edited:
My vote goes to "Infinity War" and "Endgame". Don't get me wrong - they both had some interesting moments and good character beats. The actors were certainly committed to their parts, so I can't really blame them for anything. But in total, I think the Russos were trying to do too much at once. There were so many characters, very few got a solid amount of screentime, and ultimately a lot of it felt very empty. I did like that Tony had that talk with Howard, and Steve got to be with Peggy, but the rest just didn't hold water.

Quantumania, I hope it stays that way forever.

Marvel Studios have yet to produce classics like Dark PhoeniX, Fant4stic, Spirit of Vengeance, BVS, Catwoman, Madame Web, Morbius, Blade Trinity. Quantumania is more closer to the likes of Origins Wolverine, Apocalypse, Aquaman 2 and Amazing Spider-Man 2. But I still find it less inferior than those films.

I fear for the day when there's a MCU movie much worse than Quantumania.

For the longest time I always said The Dark World would forever be the worst MCU movie but after evaluating everything I think I got to give it to Love and Thunder now as well. It has a few good moments sprinkled throughout but overall it's just a patchwork mess. Toneally it's all over the place and the pacing is way off. They also took 2 great storylines that would have worked well as their own movie and mashed them together so neither one reaches it's full potential. It's funny cause Taika made my favorite Thor movie prior to this then followed it up with my least favorite.

For movies, Iron Man 2 for me. It has essentially no plot and feels like a series of improved scenes loosely connected by the very thinnest of story threads. But Secret Invasion is my least favorite live action project overall. That was awful

For movies, Iron Man 2 for me. It has essentially no plot and feels like a series of improved scenes loosely connected by the very thinnest of story threads. But Secret Invasion is my least favorite live action project overall. That was awful

That film was actually rushed.

Apparently Thor and Hulk didn’t make as much as hoped stirring articles to question if Avengers would be a success or a flop. Not due to budget but perceived interest in Marvel and a supposed “superhero fatigue.”

That rushed Iron Man 2 into production (well, according to Vice’s Icons Unearthed at least).

That film was actually rushed.

Apparently Thor and Hulk didn’t make as much as hoped stirring articles to question if Avengers would be a success or a flop. Not due to budget but perceived interest in Marvel and a supposed “superhero fatigue.”

That rushed Iron Man 2 into production (well, according to Vice’s Icons Unearthed at least).

Iron Man 2 was released before Thor or Cap. So Iron Man 2 may very well have been rushed, but it was not due to the performances of Thor or Cap as they had no box office when it was released

The Eternals is the only MCU movie I gave up watching halfway through, so I guess that would qualify it being the worst IMO.

Although Ant-Man and the Wasp is probably the one I like the least compared to how other people treat it. That movie was the first time I REALLY felt the lazy/bland/cookie cutter MCU production line quality creeping in before it became dominant in Phase 4.

For the longest time I thought Thor: The Dark World but then Quantumania happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"