Worst MCU movie?

Oh wow, looks like I'm the only vote for The Avengers here. I just find the climax of that movie so weightless and really not a fan of how most characters are written there. Don't hurt me, please!

This is why I love the MCU so much, because their worst movie is still pretty good and entertaining.

Honestly, I think the worst sin of Thor 2 is in the editing. Almost all the flaws in the movie, like the weird comedic beats, either definitely or plausibly arose in the editing room. Which, when you contrast it against all the individual scenes that actually do work, and often work well. . .

You not think villain Malekith was really boring?

No, he was. But I thought the action was better, the humor was better, the performances were better from most of the returning cast (especially from Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston), and overall I bought more into the story and especially the emotional aspects. The first Thor has a couple of big emotional points that I didn't really buy into. One being that Thor completely changed his way of life and went from unworthy to worthy over a couple of days. The other being Loki's response to finding out he was Laufey's son, which was undermined by Loki already causing problems that threatened Asgard before he even found out.

I don't think TDW is a ton better or anything. I gave them both the same rating. But I did enjoy it a bit more, even if with its own problems.

Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3, Iron Man 2

Last edited:
Yes it does.

Not really. Wasn't Ant-man under the impression he was just going to help Captain America fight an army of Russian sleeper agents? Key word, help Captain America?

Iron Man 3 does not bother me at all. The humor is better executed than Age of Ultron (which I voted for). AoU is my worst pick. Not because its a "bad" film, but it's too much of the giant spectacle, with some stupid humor and repetition.

I like Iron Man 3 because it was interesting to see Stark operate without his armor. The "Mandarin" thing was a little disappointing at first, but now I get what they were going for and it works. I think aside from it's humorous feel, a lot of people wanted thereal Mandarin in this film because that's what's come to be expected after the first 2 movies hinting at him. I guess it would be like playing Streets of Rage only to find out there's no Big Boss at the end. lol

No, I wanted the Mandarin because Sir Ben Kingsley was far more interesting/menacing as "faux-Mandarin" than Guy Pearce was as the actual villain. Killian was just a dull and uninteresting villain overall imo. Heck if they needed to do a twist, then making Maya Hansen the main baddie would have been far more interesting/unexpected I think. And the humor in IM3 fell far more flat for me than AOU's did. And even Shane Black attempts at a "message" felt really half-a**ed to me.

Not really. Wasn't Ant-man under the impression he was just going to help Captain America fight an army of Russian sleeper agents? Key word, help Captain America?

Yeah that's my problem. The excuse that "oh Captain America is so super duper awesome that anyone will just come running to help him for any reason regardless of context." I don't care for that notion, especially since Scott's big thing in Ant Man was wanting to be there for his daughter more. Well, he threw that away to become a wanted criminal/fugitive again really damn fast because, oh IDK his daughter matters less than Captain Awesome I guess.

Yeah that's my problem. The excuse that "oh Captain America is so super duper awesome that anyone will just come running to help him for any reason regardless of context." I don't care for that notion, especially since Scott's big thing in Ant Man was wanting to be there for his daughter more. Well, he threw that away to become a wanted criminal/fugitive again really damn fast because, oh IDK his daughter matters less than Captain Awesome I guess.

But, again, Cap only recruited him to fight the Russian sleeper agents. He knew they'd be working outside of the law, but that's clearly a far cry from "his daughter matters less than Cap". He was asked by the most highly respected superhero in the world to help stop a bad guy, and he did so because it's the right thing. He had no idea he'd wind up in an underwater prison.

Iron Man 3. Didn't like the villain or the Mandarin cop out. Super Pepper was a turn off too.

The Incredible Hulk: dull, bland, boring, forgettable. It's a shame that it could've been the worthy follow-up to Iron Man, quality wise, but Marvel toned it down. The movie was supposed to be dark.

If I recall correctly, in the early states of production, the movie was intended to establish itself with Bruce Banner sticking a bullet in his mouth and having the other guy (I'm totally not quoting The Avengers here ^_^) spit it out. This movie could've been compelling drama, but it's as if... the creator's vision didn't make it to the end. Which is a shame =/

The Incredible Hulk definitely sticks out tonally in the MCU. The actor change doesn't help matters either. It's the only film in the bunch I NEVER feel like watching again.

The Incredible Hulk definitely sticks out tonally in the MCU. The actor change doesn't help matters either. It's the only film in the bunch I NEVER feel like watching again.

Haha, that applies to me too and I weirdly never found a way to express it.

I only succumb to re watching it when I'm marathoning the entire MCU. Often times, I refrain from marathoning because of that, and to some extent, Iron Man 2 (which is still more enjoyable then The Incredible Hulk).

Given the contents of TIH, I'm pretty sure the original cut would have still been generic and mediocre, it just would have been darkly generic and mediocre. Not really a huge improvement.

Pretty sure I replied to a thread like this before, with the exact same choices.

Thor: The Dark World is honestly my least favorite, I like the action with Heimdall on the bridge, some funny moments with Thor, Odin telling Loki about the life span of Asgardians, and Loki as a whole. Other than that it's... uninteresting, mostly joyless.

I can enjoy the rest of the movies more, I can sit through them and watch them again, but TDW left me feel empty.

Being the terrible person I am, I would say that Civil war would be my favourite and least favourite Marvel movie for the following reasons.

WHY I LIKED IT :

1. It was a good movie
Ok now no argument here the movie was good, and i mean really good. I very much enjoyed this movie for it's enthralling plot and spiderman/antman

2.Spiderman
I literally have a newfound love for spiderman because of this movie. Marvel took the best possible route for developing the spiderman storyline. I think most of Marvel fans can relate to this version of spiderman. He's a awkward, geeky teenager who loves Iron Man and superheroes and such and when he actually starts fighting he starts making really bad comebacks and remarks that made me personally say "me as an avenger".

3. Scarlet Witch
I am personally a huge Scarlet Witch fan and I liked some of her moments. I loved how she got more screen time, her scenes with vision and how she was FULLY CLOTHED and not portrayed as a sex symbol or manic pixie dream girl.

4. Martin Freeman
no argument here... everyone loves the queen of sassland aka Martin Freeman

5. Plums
:)

WHY I DIDN'T LIKE IT AND FRANKLY THOUGHT IT'S ONE OF THE WORST MARVEL MOVIES

1. SHARON CARTER
I've said it once... I will say it until I die... I HATE SHARON CARTER IN THE MCU. Reason 1 she replaced Peggy. Ok Marvel I know you want cap to have a love interest but choosing Sharon... TERRIBLE CHOICE. If they wanted him to have a love interest CHOOSE BUCKY
tumblr will love you forever...
Reason 2: considering that the TV realm is included in MCU it's highly unlikely that Sharon exists as Peggy's niece. So Peggy did have kids but they wouldn't have her last name it would (hopefully) be Sousa... and also Peggy's brother kinda died in the MCU before having kiddies. Technically if you adapt the story from the comics Peggy's dad is her brother... People might argue that maybe Peggy's dad had a brother who had kids... but they wouldn't be very close for two major reasons. First, Peggy pretty much severed her ties with her family when she joined the military. Secondly, the MCU Wiki page says that she is Harrison and Amanda Carter's great granddaughter which brings up the fact that MICHAEL'S DEAD! also if if peggy's dad had a brother who had kids Sharon does refer to her as great aunt peggy so peggy's grandkids would be third cousins of Sharon which kinda doesn't make sense on how Sharon says her and Peggy were SUPER CLOSE!

I feel like Sharon beseeches Peggy's name as she doesn't really live up to Peggy's legacy. It just seems like a cheap trick to bring back "peggy".

2. BUCKY
That post credits scene... i died... THEY BROUGHT BACK BUCKY JUST TO FREEZE HIM AGAIN? NOOO

3. Frustrating
It was hard for me to really enjoy the movie as I was really annoyed for most of it that BLACK PANTHER WOULDN'T STOP TRYING TO KILL BUCKY. I mean if he listened this would've been over much faster. AND I WANTED TO SCREAM "IT WASN'T BUCKY"

4. Peggy Died
ok now this isn't really a good point but I was sad that Peggy died... I really wanted her to just like live forever and be like Zola in a computer...

5. Scarlet Witch
ok now I really do like Scarlet Witch but she is kinda portrayed as overly emotional and she was used as the reason for the "Civil War". Also I really like Wanda + Vision ship so I'm kinda upset he's more like her father.

ok this list could be longer but I'm tired and typing and grammar and words are hard...

Worst ranking (from very worse to less worse):

1) Thor: The Dark World
2) Iron Man 2
3) Avengers: Age of Ultron

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1