Worst MCU movie?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
I did this thread a couple of years ago and it was quite interesting to see what people on here thought, now we have had a few more movies I am wondering which one people now think is the worst or least good MCU movie. Personally I don't consider any of them bad, and all are better than the likes of Jonah Hex, X3 and Elektra. By quite a bit in fact.

I was going to wait until CW was out, but that looks so good I can't see it getting enough votes to be of consequence.

For me it's between IM3 and TDW, with the latter possibly just slightly shading it, but I will have to watch both again and have a think about it. But everyone else please vote away.

Also can I ask that things are kept civil in here people!

Last edited:
As a fan of comics first and movies then,my ranking of the MCU goes from 7.5 to 9. For me their 'worst' movie is still Iron Man 2. Fun movie with some great scenes,but on the whole I still find it the weakest link of the franchise. Drags a lot in the middle,Whiplash seems to disappear as a character at some point,Black Widow and War Machine are a little underused and the final Whiplash battle ends in the blink of an eye.

As a fan of comics first and movies then,my ranking of the MCU goes from 7.5 to 9. For me their 'worst' movie is still Iron Man 2. Fun movie with some great scenes,but on the whole I still find it the weakest link of the franchise. Drags a lot in the middle,Whiplash seems to disappear as a character at some point,Black Widow and War Machine are a little underused and the final Whiplash battle ends in the blink of an eye.

I used to dislike IM2 the most in that franchise, but over time, and this is the case with all of the MCU phase 1 movies for me, I have come appreciate them more over the years.

None of them are bad imo. But if I had to say which one is my least favorite, i'd have to go with Dark World.

I cannot describe how much I hate Iron Man three. TDW world seemed disproportionately good to me because IM3 had been the last MCU movie I saw. I still get angry and annoyed when I see stuff about it. I'm a known TDK and TDKR hater but I like those so much better than IM3.

None of them are bad imo. But if I had to say which one is my least favorite, i'd have to go with Dark World.

I agree none of them are particularly bad. But IM3 and TDW were both very disappointing. I have very mixed feelings on AOU also but it's better than those 2.

I love a lot of the MCU movies, the rest of them I merely like. There isn't a single one that I think is bad, but I think The Incredible Hulk is the worst one. For me it's gotten worse with age, especially the CGI. It doesn't help that it's the black sheep of the MCU either. IM3 and TDW aren't much better, but I find those more entertaining than TIH.

I've never understood the hate for Iron Man 3, it still baffles me to this day.
TIH is the clear answer for me even though it's far from a bad movie. I'd call it mediocre at the worst.

I wouldn't say any of them are bad, but the weakest is The Incredible Hulk. The performances from the leads are adequate, but they aren't to the level of the other films and the story isn't all that interesting. The hack editing job probably didn't help.

On sheer technicality because of the time wasted on the dumbest of moments & regardless of the fact it has the most memorable action of the franchise = IM2.

They've yet to make a bad film. But most dissapointing? Iron Man 2.

None of them are bad.

The films I enjoy the least are probably the Iron Man sequels.
The first Iron Man film is one of my favorite superhero films but the sequels just have not lived up to the hype for me.

Ant-Man. I just watched that for the first time and its absolutely terrible -- I was shocked that movie was well received. Outside of Michael Pena in a supporting role it had almost no redeeming qualities -- honestly thought it was below well accepted turds like FF and Green Lantern.

Ant-man. This was the first time that Marvel didn't fully trust its source material. They went with the campy cliche in Scott Lang instead of the superior Hank Pym as the centerpiece. It's not a bad film, but EMH did more justice to Ant-man than the film.

I LOVE Iron Man 2, that movie is super nostalgic for me.

Thor The Dark World.

I think it's a fun movie but ultimately a mess.

Thor 1.

The Dark World was indeed a mess. But still fun.

I haven't seen the Thor movies, The Incredible Hulk, or Guardians of the Galaxy because I wasn't that interested, so there's a good chance it's one of those. Out of the ones, I have seen, though, it's The Avengers. I don't suppose I should vote either way.

1470255_10152066516553690_1767543029_n__span.jpg

Ant-Man. I just watched that for the first time and its absolutely terrible -- I was shocked that movie was well received. Outside of Michael Pena in a supporting role it had almost no redeeming qualities -- honestly thought it was below well accepted turds like FF and Green Lantern.

You really think there are no redeeming qualities outside of Pena? I have to wrack my brain to find a movie that I truly believe to have only one redeemable quality. Even ones I dislike with a passion have something I can look at and go "that works".

Some choices I am seeing feel odd. I can't see ANT-MAN being bad at all. It may not be what some wanted but there is a difference between that and a film I find "bad". And that difference is THOR: THE DARK WORLD. After passing a high hurdle in adapting Thor for the big screen in his first film I just feel on almost every level they dropped the ball in TDW. The best thing I can say is that the money is up on the screen with that film for the most part though if they could have put more resources into the fight Thor has with Kurse. No, the issue with TDW is all the damned unsuccessful gags, unnecessary after the first film characters, mishandling the relationship stuff, again pulling focus from Asgard, undermining it's finale, terribly bland villains that are underwritten and a disservice to the good actors they got in the roles and to be honest an overall lackluster plot to begin with. As I have said before, the story we are told of what Thor has been doing before the film starts: Thor traveling from realm to realm with the Warriors Three, Sif and an army of Asgardians quelling the chaos put into motion by the destruction of the Bifrost in the first film, acting as an emissary of the All Father, would have made a better film than the actual story we got. A disappointing waste of everyone involved's talent. They hopefully can make a film as least as dramatic and satisfying as the first one with RAGNAROK.

Some choices I am seeing feel odd. I can't see ANT-MAN being bad at all. It may not be what some wanted but there is a difference between that and a film I find "bad". And that difference is THOR: THE DARK WORLD. After passing a high hurdle in adapting Thor for the big screen in his first film I just feel on almost every level they dropped the ball in TDW. The best thing I can say is that the money is up on the screen with that film for the most part though if they could have put more resources into the fight Thor has with Kurse. No, the issue with TDW is all the damned unsuccessful gags, unnecessary after the first film characters, mishandling the relationship stuff, again pulling focus from Asgard, undermining it's finale, terribly bland villains that are underwritten and a disservice to the good actors they got in the roles and to be honest an overall lackluster plot to begin with. As I have said before, the story we are told of what Thor has been doing before the film starts: Thor traveling from realm to realm with the Warriors Three, Sif and an army of Asgardians quelling the chaos put into motion by the destruction of the Bifrost in the first film, acting as an emissary of the All Father, would have made a better film than the actual story we got. A disappointing waste of everyone involved's talent. They hopefully can make a film as least as dramatic and satisfying as the first one with RAGNAROK.

Undermining the finale is what I was most upset by on my first viewing. The stakes are at their lowest in any MCU film, and yet the entire universe is supposedly at risk.
However I do find the Loki/Thor relationship to be at it's best yet in the Dark World. Without Tom Hiddleston I don't think I'd give this film as much grace as I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"