• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Worst Movie Accents: 2018 Edition

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
Who are your nominees for the worst attempts at accents in movies this year?

I'd have to give my Razzie to James Cromwell in Jurassic World. It feels wrong to nominate a legend like Cromwell as the "worst of" anything, but I'm trying to be objective here. His attempt at an English accent might be the worst I've heard since Kevin Costner played Robin of California. Why even make the character English? Would it have been so impossible to believe that John Hammond's business partner was an American? Ugh.

Other nominees:

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as Brits in Holmes and Watson (this is probably intentional but their accents are still garbage)

Tom Hardy and his where-the-hell-are-you-from accent in Venom

Chris Pine's Scottish accent in Outlaw King

Whatever accent Jamie Foxx was trying to do in Robin Hood

Jennifer Lawrence's Russian accent in Red Sparrow

Last edited:
Costner's doesn't really count as he didn't even do an accent in the first place.

Tom Hardy in Venom is the only one that really sticks out to me. One scene it was fine and then the next he sounded like a toddler.

Nothing is really sticking out to me this year. The Outlaw King accents weren't great, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything else.

Costner's doesn't really count as he didn't even do an accent in the first place.

I think he did in a couple scenes. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Tom Hardy in Venom is the only one that really sticks out to me. One scene it was fine and then the next he sounded like a toddler.

Ha! Yeah, that's what bugs me so much about it. He sounds like a little kid who can't enunciate his "Rs" properly yet. "Dat guy you wok fow is an evil pawson!"

Elizabeth Olsen in Infinity War was by far the worst accent in 2018.

Her fake accent got worse and worse each movie, and this one was by far the worst.

I thought she just ditched it entirely for IW.

Dinklage in Infinity War
“WHERE’S THE HANDLE?”
XOp9RYc.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing this year was as bad as Russell Crowe's accent in The Mummy last year. Dear lord.

LOL I forgot about that one. I think I blocked it from my memory. What a horrible movie and a laughable attempt to start a "shared universe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"