• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Worst Attempts at Accents EVER

Nic Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married. Not really an accent, just a super-annoying voice. I don't know what the hell he was thinking there.

There should be a distinction here between "funny sounding" and "bad". Many well done accents sound ridiculous, but are nontheless pretty perfect.

I don't think Patrick Wilson even did an accent in PHANTOM. I believe Schumacher told them accents were optional, and he and Butler chose to forgo them.

What the hell is an "American" accent, exactly?

It's true that almost everyone had an accent in VALKYRIE, but not a German one. I believe this was also intentional.

And you all understand that Brad Pitt is not playing a serious character in BASTERDS, right? That accent, and its absurdity, is intentional.

On that note, if you're all going to condemn Brad Pitt because you can hear his natural drawl in there when he does an accent, do the same for Bale.

Ford's accent in K-19 was indeed weird, but also fantastic for his character.

I think Halle Berry in X-MEN takes the cake.

And probably anything John Malchovich does. Fantastic actor, but hardly a chameleon.

I'm so surprised at the logic of some people.

There were people who mentioned Alan Rickman's 'American' accent in Die Hard (when he first meets McClaine in the flesh). I mean, wasn't it suppose to be an overexgerated American accent? Why would that even be mention here? It's almost a satire if you look at the intentions and context of that said scene.

Quite; if it's intentional to have a deliberately false accent, then I cant see how the actor can be criticised as such.

In terms of unintentional bad accents', in recent times, Charlie Humnam's accent in Green Street Hoolgans comes to mind as it was straight out of the 'Dick Van Dyke school of cockney accents'.

It was bad; just plain bad.

In terms of unintentional bad accents', in recent times, Charlie Humnam's accent in Green Street Hoolgans comes to mind as it was straight out of the 'Dick Van Dyke school of cockney accents'.

It was bad; just plain bad.
My first instinct was to post that if he's from the UK, he ought to be able to do a cockney accent. Having thought about it a bit, I'm from the midwest and I'm not certain my own "New Yawkah" accent is worth a darn. Perhaps that's the more interesting question--which people have done accents that are regional or close to their own and still screwed them up?

Hmmm... well, I saw the preview for "Legion" yesterday, and Dennis Quaid's western accent sounded laughable (and I don't think it was intentionally bad).

Has anyone mentioned Scarlett Johansson in The Prestige? Because that belongs here.

LOL, I bet there are a lot of ignorant people who watched District 9 this weekend that think Sharlto Copley's accent was bad because they think a South African accent sounds Australian or English.

Nic Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married. Not really an accent, just a super-annoying voice. I don't know what the hell he was thinking there.
His southern accent in Con Air was bad too.

Has anyone mentioned Scarlett Johansson in The Prestige? Because that belongs here.
Natalie Portman's British accent in V For Vendetta was similarly lacking.

Jon voight in anaconda sounded like all he did was watch scarface and tried to copy Al Pachino ...wow was it bad

LMAO I forgot about that one!!!! Whoever thought it would be a good idea to cast Jon Voight as a hunter from Paraguay might be the dumbest person in Hollywood. The whole movie was horrible, I mean really, REALLY horrible, but to be the most awful thing in a movie that bad is quite an accomplishment. Especially considering that it also starred Jennifer Lopez and Ice Cube, two musicians-turned-actors who have the combined screen presence of a decapitated Ashton Kutcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"