Worst Movies Ever Made.

The Rocky and Bullwinkle movie was ahead of its time! :cmad:

:oldrazz:
But seriously, that poll sucks.

Movies have never progressively gotten more complicated. Watch Citizen Kane, Casablanca, King Kong, and 2001 and you'll see what I mean.

yeah but i wouldnt go as far as to say that batman was a bad movie. back in the day to me that was like seein the dark knight today. it was the first time batman had been in a movie and his swag was switch from being silly and childish to bein a dark and serious character. i dont think ive ever seen a bad movie directed by tim burton.

yeah but i wouldnt go as far as to say that batman was a bad movie. back in the day to me that was like seein the dark knight today. it was the first time batman had been in a movie and his swag was switch from being silly and childish to bein a dark and serious character. i dont think ive ever seen a bad movie directed by tim burton.

That may be true. But were people as hyped for the original Batman as people were for TDK? I mean, the internet must have played a huge part in TDKs popularity.

D-Double post

Last edited:
That may be true. But were people as hyped for the original Batman as people were for TDK? I mean, the internet must have played a huge part in TDKs popularity.

I would say more so. Batman literally owned that summer and the media went gong-show crazy over it. Hair salons were offering Bat-haircuts (shaving the Bat-logo into your head), the TV was an endless loop of Batman tie-ins and advertisements and there were posters and billboards everywhere. I'd be hard pressed to name a film from this decade that achieved the cultural saturation that that flick did in 1989.

I'd honestly say that, in some ways, the internet has dilluted the level of hype that a blockbuster can create, as we have so much access to information on the NEXT BIG THING. Heck, by the time a blockbuster is actually released the internet has moved onto the next big release. Not the case with Batman '89, or Titanic either, where the hype continued for a good long time through its theatrical release.

I would say more so. Batman literally owned that summer and the media went gong-show crazy over it. Hair salons were offering Bat-haircuts (shaving the Bat-logo into your head), the TV was an endless loop of Batman tie-ins and advertisements and there were posters and billboards everywhere. I'd be hard pressed to name a film from this decade that achieved the cultural saturation that that flick did in 1989.

Hmm, that's interesting. That was a few years before my time.

You have to think that Tim Burton's Batman was the one movie that brought in the new dark Batman to the mainstream. Meanwhile, guys like Frank Miller, Allan Moore and Denny O'Neil ushered the new modern Batman in the comic books.

how come Batman 1989 's never there

Being one of the best superhero movies ever might explain a bit.

as I recall ,that movie was considered the worst movie of the year by the media

Any link?

I hated it

Which could explain so many recallings that maybe never happened...

I remembered meeting some comic book professional who felt the same way at a comic convention.

...like this one.

i dont see y alien vs predator, ghost rider, and brothers grimm are on here, it seem to me like only a few people disliked those movies so there was no point in puttin those on here. nobody even speak on transformers, its complete disrespect to a great director puttin a movie together that did what it was suposed to do.

it was made in 1989 movies were simple back then. i watch that movie every chance i get.
These posts confuse me.

Hmmm...a lot of wet has been chatted in this thread recently you get me? [/ghetto]

I repeat...WHY ISN'T THE ROOM ON THAT LIST????

I would say more so. Batman literally owned that summer and the media went gong-show crazy over it. Hair salons were offering Bat-haircuts (shaving the Bat-logo into your head), the TV was an endless loop of Batman tie-ins and advertisements and there were posters and billboards everywhere.
When I was in Ecuador that year even street vendors were selling bootleg Batman T-shirts
I'd be hard pressed to name a film from this decade that achieved the cultural saturation that that flick did in 1989.
I don't think even SW:The Phantom Menace came close since the teaser trailer was all over the internet.

I'd honestly say that, in some ways, the internet has dilluted the level of hype that a blockbuster can create, as we have so much access to information on the NEXT BIG THING. Heck, by the time a blockbuster is actually released the internet has moved onto the next big release. Not the case with Batman '89, or Titanic either, where the hype continued for a good long time through its theatrical release.
and that is why the internet must die!

I guess you've never seen Mars Attacks or Planet of the Apes. :o

When I was in Ecuador that year even street vendors were selling bootleg Batman T-shirts

I don't think even SW:The Phantom Menace came close since the teaser trailer was all over the internet.

and that is why the internet must die!
No matter where you went in 89 there was Batman. I went to a concert that year and the lead singer of White Lion actually had Batman on his lycra pants

Unless you were there in 89 for Batmania, you cannot fathom the fandom. The hype for TDK paled in comparision.

Hardly. Theres far worse.

But damn, did that movie make a ****** christmas even ****tier...:(

I guess you've never seen Mars Attacks or Planet of the Apes. :o

I must confess to being a Mars Attacks defender. It's a cross I've been bearing since 1996.

Planet of the Apes, not so much. I'm also no fan of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Last edited:
Mars Attacks wasn't that bad at all; but it sadly had to make its debut in the same year that Indepedence Day. (BTW, where's the spell check on Superherohype? Is it gone?). It had funny moments, and I loved Nicholson in it.

I hated...hated hated...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's funny how the original, the build up to Wonka's factory was so magical. Meanwhile, the Burton version was so boring.

I didn't care for Charlie and chacoatle factory either. As much as I loved Depp he was a bit too... strange and quircky. Unrecognizeable, but Gene Wilder will always be Wonka.

And does anyone else think that the Charlie in the original deserved it more? Highmore was already well known at the time and i never felt bad for him. Using an unkown would of been better.

I must confess to being a Mars Attacks defender. It's a cross I've been bearing since 1996.

Planet of the Apes, not so much. I'm also no fan of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
I'm the opposite. I'll go to bat for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is a pretty thankless task. :o

Mars Attacks! was a great tribute to 1950s B movies.

The only way you could not like it is, well, if you don't like 1950s B movies. Plain and simple.

Not Burton's best work, but very entertaining.

And far far far far far far from worst movie ever.

Well, I love B movies from the 50's but I didn't like Mars Attacks... in my opinion, it tried to capture the essence of those movies but failed miserably. Still, I wouldn't call it the worst movie ever made, not by a long shot. Still found it to pretty much be a waste of time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"