Worst Special Effects

Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier .... should be there, terrible effects .... NOT dated just bad.

Recently I would say The Matrix Reloaded let me down .... The multiple Smiths did not work.

What the original poster didnt include in the list was that it was only specific scene's in those movies, in the Abyss it was the alien ship coming out of the water, in Predator it is when Carl Weathers arm is blown off and you see his proper arm under the prosthetic.

Its just specifice moments in movies, not the whole movies.

Abyss, Predator, and Mummy on the list of worst special fx of all time?

WTF...

predator??? the mummy returns??? what are they on crack?? they didnt even include spykids and shark boy and lava girl!

spy_kids.jpg

SpyKids2LG.jpg

spy_kids_3d_game_over.jpg

1229924%7EThe-Adventures-Of-Shark-Boy-And-Lava-Girl-In-3-D-Posters.jpg

WORST VISUAL EFFECTS EVER!!!!!

LMAO! The special effects for Spy Kids 2 had CG that looked 2D. It was so terrible.

Then again, Robert Rodriguez's CG company only consists of 11 artists.

:woot: OMG that was hilarious!!! LOL!
"What d'ya say i take you home and eat your p***y?"

I liked the Troll 2 one.

"OooooHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!" Cracks me up every time.

That list is horrible, imo, lol. They had many bad choices.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation had some of the worst effects I've ever seen.

I agree with The Mummy 2 though. There were so many, bad cartoony effects. The first film was a lot better in terms of visuals.

anyone remember the devil in the movie SPAWN? the scene where he goes in hell and meets the devil? that was horrible! it looked really bad. It looks like video game graphics out of Nintendo 64

Oh God yes, those were terrible effects. I had to look away from the screen for those scenes, lol.

They forgot the Star Wars movies.

With out those star wars effects, people wouldn't have ILM.

so basically, if you have mentioned SW, you're talking out of your bottom.

Spice World

They used wooden toys to show a bus jumping over Tower Bridge as it was being raised.

it depends on when the movie was made. sw episodes 4,5,6 may look cheesy now, but back then the effects were awesome. episode 1 on the other hand had some bad cgi

predator??? the mummy returns??? what are they on crack?? they didnt even include spykids and shark boy and lava girl!

SpyKids2LG.jpg

WORST VISUAL EFFECTS EVER!!!!!

I haven't really seen much of this movie. But I think they were going for a sinbad retro look. That and it's Robert Rodriguez, who makes all of his movies on relatively small budgets.

and A sound of Thunders effects were terrible. They looked like a made for tv movie on the Sci fi channel.

Just about all the movies you see on the SciFi Channel

The Star Wars prequels for relying too much on digital actors and fake CGI backgrounds.

Superman 4 for the obvious matte lines around Supes.

and A sound of Thunders effects were terrible. They looked like a made for tv movie on the Sci fi channel.

http://www.ufofilm.com/ufovfx.html

The demo reel isn't working, but there are two shots from the movie (ASOT) that are in the reel. UFO does CGI for some Sci-Fi films.

A Sound of Thunder had 3 faults against it.

1. Floods on the set back in 2002.

2. Franchise Pictures (production company) made a lot of films....that did badly in theaters for Warner.

3. They went under during Post and Warner decided to cut it's loses. It only went to theaters because Warner was obligated to do so.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0318081/trivia

When we watch Spider-Man, I'm so disgusted with the scene where Peter is leaping across buildings for the first time, I simply rise and leave the room.

That horse sliding under the truck is just classic avatar-worthy stuff to me. :D I just wish I had the means or know-how to do just that...:csad:
Just ask the boys in the Avatar Thread to make it for you. All they need is the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"