Would a ThunderBolts film work?

Maybe there is, but it take a lot of skill to answer these questions in a manner that would make me care, I'm not sure it can be done. Its not like you have provided any decent answers, so far.

you still havent said why it is my responsibility to answer you. You act like I am the one writing the script. I already told you the details dont bother me but the character dynamic sounds interested and why I agreed that such a movie could be good. Its already been done before. Dirty Dozen. The Mod Squad. The reasons why they are enlisted take a back seat to the character interaction.

SHIELD decides to use villains because of their intimate knowledge of the criminal underground and send them on missions because they are expendable as far as they SHIELD is concerned.

Last edited:
you still havent said why it is my responsibility to answer you. You act like I am the one writing the script. I already told you the details dont bother me but the character dynamic sounds interested and why I agreed that such a movie could be good. Its already been done before. Dirty Dozen. The Mod Squad. The reasons why they are enlisted take a back seat to the character interaction.

SHIELD decides to use villains because of their intimate knowledge of the criminal underground and send them on missions because they are expendable as far as they SHIELD is concerned.

Because we are having a debate here and if your position is a thunderbolts movie is feasible and my position is it isn't, you should try to advance your argument by explaining in vague way, how these questions could be answered. If these questions aren't answered in a good way, then the T-bolts movie isn't feasible thus advancing my case.

Besides I'm not asking for a script, I'm asking what their purpose is and who do they fight. That would take two setences to answer.

Because we are having a debate here and if your position is a thunderbolts movie is feasible and my position is it isn't, you should try to advance your argument by explaining in vague way, how these questions could be answered. If these questions aren't answered in a good way, then the T-bolts movie isn't feasible thus advancing my case.

Besides I'm not asking for a script, I'm asking what their purpose is and who do they fight. That would take two setences to answer.

Not being answered by me doesnt mean they are unanswerable.

Im not making any case. I said the character dyanamic (villains reforming or being forced to be heroes) could be cool. I am interested. Never said anything about feasibility just that the character dynamic could be cool. Its what I have said from the beginning. You said what about the other elements. I said they can be anything really as long as the character dynamic still works because that is the drawing power of the T-bolts. I dont care what characters they use. They could fight Osama bin laden for all I care. There are much better things I am interested in passed the hero vs villain template.

Not being answered by me doesnt mean they are unanswerable.

Im not making any case. I said the character dyanamic (villains reforming or being forced to be heroes) could be cool. I am interested. Never said anything about feasibility just that the character dynamic could be cool. Its what I have said from the beginning. You said what about the other elements. I said they can be anything really as long as the character dynamic still works because that is the drawing power of the T-bolts. I dont care what characters they use. They could fight Osama bin laden for all I care. There are much better things I am interested in passed the hero vs villain template.

Because those are important questions, if they aren't answered the film doesn't work. There is more to film then character interaction, you need a plot too, which you don't seem to care. I so care about the plot, I wouldn't support this film, unless it had a good one.

Why not have them fight Stilt-Man for the whole film, if you don't care who they fight or why they are formed, then?

Because those are important questions, if they aren't answered the film doesn't work. There is more to film then character interaction, you need a plot too, which you don't seem to care. I so care about the plot, I wouldn't support this film, unless it had a good one.

Why not have them fight Stilt-Man for the whole film, if you don't care who they fight or why they are formed, then?

But why are you so myopic to think that because IN THE COMICS they are connected to Onslaught and Civil War or because I have absolutely no intention of pitching you a specific detailed movie do you assume that these things are completely out of the question?

Character dynamic does not equal character interaction. That is only one element. Character dynamic also explores how the plot effects the character and how and why the character progresses the way he or she does, so plot is as integral to character dynamic as character interaction.

But why are you so myopic to think that because IN THE COMICS they are connected to Onslaught and Civil War or because I have absolutely no intention of pitching you a specific detailed movie do you assume that these things are completely out of the question?

Character dynamic does not equal character interaction. That is only one element. Character dynamic also explores how the plot effects the character and how and why the character progresses the way he or she does, so plot is as integral to character dynamic as character interaction.

Because I been provided any answers how a plot with the T-bolts would work on film, I believe it when I hear it, not till then.

LOL, so you are just hating the prospect of a movie for the sake of hating a movie which technically doesnt exist, not even a pitch for it.

I came into this thread a naysayer, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea. It could work, perceivably. But I think it'd be a tough sell.
And ck, you mentioned Bullseye earlier. I hope you realize that, barring a reboot or a total disregard of film history, he still wants a ****in' costume. :D

I came into this thread a naysayer, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea. It could work, perceivably. But I think it'd be a tough sell.
And ck, you mentioned Bullseye earlier. I hope you realize that, barring a reboot or a total disregard of film history, he still wants a ****in' costume. :D

I think I'm on the other side of the fence on this one Chris. The more the idea is discussed the more I don't think it can work.

The "big reveal" in the first series was a defining moment and I think needs to be included in a film adaptation. The reveal isn't shocking at all if there isn't heinous villianous history for each character. I don't see how that can be effectively demonstrated in flashbacks or newsreels.

There's no way this movie will enter pre-production unless Marvel gets back the rights to Daredevil re-boots that series & then makes a deal with Sony to allow Spider-Man characters to cross-over with other Marvel characters. But even after that Marvel would have to do a couple movies to introduce some of the other members. I think it'd be hard even for an animated movie because I don't Marvel can do animated movies about Spidey characters or Daredevil characters.

There's no way this movie will enter pre-production unless Marvel gets back the rights to Daredevil re-boots that series & then makes a deal with Sony to allow Spider-Man characters to cross-over with other Marvel characters. But even after that Marvel would have to do a couple movies to introduce some of the other members. I think it'd be hard even for an animated movie because I don't Marvel can do animated movies about Spidey characters or Daredevil characters.

Assuming Marvel/Sony play ball could this be Marvel's Suicide Squad? This is probably Marvel's best villain team up movie property. Should Osborne lead a villian group in Phase IV? Norman could be played as a evil Tony Stark but not a jokey character like Hammer.

In the party scene it looked like Rhodes switched back to War Machine armor. Maybe Norman can become Iron Patriot instead of Goblin. And forms the Dark Avengers inside of the Thunderbolt's.

Last edited:
It really depends on which version Marvel chooses to do. The "government-sponsored villain task force" is probably out do to the similarities between it and Suicide Squad. The most recent version, Gen. Ross's "super-powered hit squad", is my personal favorite, but with two of it's key members tied down with Fox and Sony, probably isn't happening either. Which leaves Zemo's "fake hero" team. It's a concept that I think would make for a great film, but they would have to alter the roster a lot, and do without Mach 1/Beetle, which would be pretty disappointing, since he was my favorite member.

You would need a "worse" villain than any of the principals.

The "original" premise of villains pretending to be heroes wouldn't work since there are scarcely any "established" villains in the MCU, nearly all of them die by the end of the films.

After Suicide Squad, the original concept from the late 90s is going be the most unique version of the team. That's the one I'd go with. I would do kind of a loose adaptation of the first dozen issues or so, where ultimately the team decides to go against Zemo and he ends up being the main villain of the film. Then the sequel would be the team (with Moonstone as the 'leader') seeking redemption in a world that hates their guts.

I think having Jolt would be principle to the whole thing. You need one good person on the team who sort of helps sway the others.

If they're introducing Zemo in Civil War like some suspect they could also set up Moonstone in Captain Marvel, I think.

So...about that Thunderbolts movie. :) Just got some members back.

**** yeah I'd watch Supervillains go riot. I suppose they'd be considered the Suicide Squad if they did do it though.

I'd really love to see the Thunderbolts be a major focus of Phase 4, and now that we've got Spiderman in the MCU I think there's a big chance of it happening. Each phase 4 villain could be part of the Thunderbolts. The film could be paired with Avengers 4 - like at the end of that film, the Avengers are losing against the villain, so in the Thunderbolts movie, it's up to the villains to save the day. Some characters I'd like to see:

> Red Hulk
> Green Goblin
> Lady Loki (sad to say Hiddleston has a contract and it won't last forever. This would be a good way to keep the character alive.)
> Venom
> Mandarin
> Moonstone

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back