Marvel Films MCU Thunderbolts - Team suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucky must be getting blackmailed lol
Considering FatWS finale, it'd be odd he just joins because he wants to.

I agree there is a bit of duplicative powers with the super soldiers. But as long as they take on a threat that isn’t avengers level, I think it’s fine.

They haven't announced Blonsky yet because She Hulk isn't finished and his arc on there isn't finished (still need to show his retreat for Superhumans).

They haven't announced Blonsky yet because She Hulk isn't finished and his arc on there isn't finished (still need to show his retreat for Superhumans).

Or maybe... he is not just on the team?

I'm surprised by the absence of Zemo and Abomination but I'm fine with this line up myself.

This and FF are the 2024 films I'm looking forward to the most.

Three of these characters practically have the exact same power set.

Kinda boring roster, to be honest.

3 super soldiers, and 2 really skilled human fighters. They're all going to fight in a similar fashion, close combat with a lot of kicking and punching. Only Ghost brings something different to the table.

Why is this team so lacking in diversity when it comes to skill set and powers? Almost feels like the backlash from those VFX stories caused them to go with a team that didn't require heavy CG work lol.

I'm looking forward to it regardless, but I am disappointed by the line up. Oh well, it can still be a good movie.

Last edited:
Some people are speculating that the reason Zemo and Abomination aren't apart of the roster is because they're going to be part of the villains of the film. Masters of Evil type deal. I could see it

I dont see it. I still think Red Hulk may be a factor in the movie given the team's namesake. I expect Red Hulk to pop up somewhere at least, and this would make the most sense.

But yeah, I don't see Abomination and Zemo in some Master of Evil thing. I would be okay with it if they go there. But I don't expect them to go that route. I am betting they assemble for a larger threat than a collection of villains

Replace Bucky with Blonsky and we'd be good.

I never really thought it possible for the MCU to be able to replicate that first issue twist from the comics, there’s just no way they’d be able to keep any of that secret in this day and age.

BUT…

Yeah, that line-up is a little meh.

I could absolutely see there being a Masters of Evil type deal with the MCU version of 'the twist' being that a lot of the bad guys are actually redeemable while the team sponsors (Contessa and her bosses) aren't. That would mean the movie ends with a very different team than what it started as Walker and maybe someone else stays with Valentina while the others take up Blonsky and one or two others of the bad guys into the team.

While I'm glad to see more from some of these characters, I must agree that the team lacks in diversity of ability. I also really wanted to see a version with Zemo and some of the original '90s Thunderbolts. Really hope the Tbolts will stick around but with a changing roster, so a lineup closer to that can still happen someday...

Kind of surprised they didn't replicate the Avengers 1 for 1, but maybe they had a hard time figuring out who their Thor and Iron Man were going to be.
Everyone was saying Detroit Steel would be the Iron Man equivalent. That's Hammer Industries' eventual armor.

We already have Jane and Ironheart.
Yeah, but if they wanted a Thor in Thunderbolts, they would have made the ending different for Jane Foster.
They wouldn't because the whole point of the Thunderbolts is that they're supposed to be 'reformed' villains and criminals. Jane and Riri clearly don't fit that at all. People were thinking the Tbolts would somewhat mirror the Avengers lineup so they expected Abomination to mirror Hulk, someone like Detroit Steel to mirror Iron Man and another character to mirror Thor. Usually that would be someone like Ragnarok, Hercules, Loki, Skurge or Ares. Not Jane...

I'm still trying to figure out what Bucky is doing with this ragtag group .
Bucky must be getting blackmailed lol
Considering FatWS finale, it'd be odd he just joins because he wants to.
He broke Zemo out of prison and then got caught on video pretending to still be the Winter Soldier under Zemo's control in Madripoor. I can see how that could get in the way of that pardon he was supposed to get.

I dont see it. I still think Red Hulk may be a factor in the movie given the team's namesake. I expect Red Hulk to pop up somewhere at least, and this would make the most sense.
Ross was never the namesake for the Thunderbolts. He wasn't involved with them at all until he made his own version 16 years after the original team. Zemo just chose the name because he liked how it sounded sort of crypto-fascist but still marketable.

I'm surprised by the absence of Zemo and Abomination but I'm fine with this line up myself.

This and FF are the 2024 films I'm looking forward to the most.
If they manage to work those 2 in to the film I’ll be very happy.

While I'm glad to see more from some of these characters, I must agree that the team lacks in diversity of ability. I also really wanted to see a version with Zemo and some of the original '90s Thunderbolts. Really hope the Tbolts will stick around but with a changing roster, so a lineup closer to that can still happen someday...

Everyone was saying Detroit Steel would be the Iron Man equivalent. That's Hammer Industries' eventual armor.

They wouldn't because the whole point of the Thunderbolts is that they're supposed to be 'reformed' villains and criminals. Jane and Riri clearly don't fit that at all. People were thinking the Tbolts would somewhat mirror the Avengers lineup so they expected Abomination to mirror Hulk, someone like Detroit Steel to mirror Iron Man and another character to mirror Thor. Usually that would be someone like Ragnarok, Hercules, Loki, Skurge or Ares. Not Jane...

He broke Zemo out of prison and then got caught on video pretending to still be the Winter Soldier under Zemo's control in Madripoor. I can see how that could get in the way of that pardon he was supposed to get.

Ross was never the namesake for the Thunderbolts. He wasn't involved with them at all until he made his own version 16 years after the original team. Zemo just chose the name because he liked how it sounded sort of crypto-fascist but still marketable.

That is true, but I do think that will be where the movie name comes from

That is true, but I do think that will be where the movie name comes from
They might name it after him to honor him after his death or something. I'm definitely not expecting anything Red Hulk related.

They might name it after him to honor him after his death or something. I'm definitely not expecting anything Red Hulk related.

Red Hulk was too popular in the comics for him not be used, imo. So I think he is coming at some point somewhere. But another thing I think point towards Thunderbolts carrying his namesake is in the MCU, they will more than likely be formed to be the team the Accords creates to adhere to the Accords in a way the Avengers never did and Ross was heavily involved in the creation of the Accords. I can easily see the world thinking Ross to be dead only for him to emerge as Red Hulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"