BvS Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Jim Sturgess would make an interesting Dick, he's also worked with Snyder before, though that rarely ever comes into play with these castings.

JimSturgessJimmy-2.jpg

No offense to anyone else's choices, I just don't get the random nobodies a lot of people are recommending.

This guy would kinda fit into that random nobody category for me lol. The only time I've seen him was in a film where he played some weird, slightly ******ed street magician who was stalking Rachel Bilson (the reason I watched the movie. :oldrazz:).

The problem with quite a few of these suggestions to me is they all look better suited to playing Peter Parker. Nightwing is a ripped athlete and grown up Dick Grayson is like a cockier, more affable Bruce Wayne.

This guy would kinda fit into that random nobody category for me lol. The only time I've seen him was in a film where he played some weird, slightly ******ed street magician who was stalking Rachel Bilson (the reason I watched the movie. :oldrazz:).

The problem with quite a few of these suggestions to me is they all look better suited to playing Peter Parker. Nightwing is a ripped athlete and grown up Dick Grayson is like a cockier, more affable Bruce Wayne.

Shame on you...he was also in The Other Boleyn Girl with Scarlett.;)
Please don't tell me you haven't seen Cloud Atlas.

My go-to for describing who Jim Sturgess is is Across the Universe. Or even 21.

I'd say Jim Sturgess is a pretty big name by now. Bigger than most of the names mentioned. But that's irrelevant. Why do you need a big name for a character like Dick?

...Henry Cavill?

You know, I guess you really don't. I just look at the aspect of the role going over well enough to have the possibility of a spin off. In that case I would hope for an actor with the capability of pulling off a leading role. As much as I disliked the Driver rumor, he's one I think would have that ability. Some of these others...
Sturgess is probably to old for what they are looking for anyway, if the rumors even true...not trusting much of anything at this point.

Shame on you...he was also in The Other Boleyn Girl with Scarlett.;)
Please don't tell me you haven't seen Cloud Atlas.

I refuse to watch The Other Boleyn Girl until the unrated cut comes out! :argh: :p
I have Cloud Atlas there but haven't gotten a spare week to watch it yet lol.

You know, I guess you really don't. I just look at the aspect of the role going over well enough to have the possibility of a spin off. In that case I would hope for an actor with the capability of pulling off a leading role. As much as I disliked the Driver rumor, he's one I think would have that ability. Some of these others...
Sturgess is probably to old for what they are looking for anyway, if the rumors even true...not trusting much of anything at this point.

I'd want Nightwing to spin off to a Titans feature.

Of our rumored choices, I'm supporting Badgely. My ideal pick is Ben Barnes.

I wish they'd go late teens for Robin/Nightwing and just cast Leo Howard. I know you guys might want Oscar-worthy actors but I'm doing comic book fan casting.

He played young Snake Eyes in both G.I. Joe movies and Young Conan. Here he is with his Dad.

leo-howard-dad-june-17-2013-1.jpg

and this is video from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdaEqaPUps

Throwing another suggestion into the mix: Tom Sturridge

It's looking more like Nightwing could be in the film (or get his own film, or TV series, or it might just be because he's due for a push in DC Comics) as DCE have trademarked this logo:

nightwing-logo-600x248.jpg

In regards to marketing:

Clothing for men, women and children – namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jogging suits, trousers, pants, shorts, tank tops, rainwear, cloth baby bibs, skirts, blouses, dresses, suspenders, sweaters, jackets, coats, raincoats, snow suits, ties, robes, hats, caps, sunvisors, belts, scarves, sleepwear, pajamas, lingerie, underwear, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals, booties, socks, slipper socks, swimwear and masquerade and Halloween costumes and masks sold in connection therewith.

Toys and sporting goods, including games and playthings–namely, action figures and accessories therefor; play sets for action figures; plush toys; balloons; bathtub toys; ride-on toys; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; toy vehicles; dolls; flying discs; hand held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; game equipment sold as a unit for playing a board game, a card game, a manipulative game, a parlor game and an action type target game; stand alone video output game machines; jigsaw and manipulative puzzles; paper face masks; skateboards; ice skates; water squirting toys; balls–namely, playground balls, soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs; baseball gloves; swimming floats for recreational use; kickboard flotation devices for recreational use; surfboards; swim boards for recreational use; swim fins; toy bakeware and toy cookware; toy banks; toy snow globes; paper party hats; and Christmas tree ornaments.

It's actually looking less likely that Nightwing will be in the film after Adam Driver completely debunked that rumor...

It's actually looking less likely that Nightwing will be in the film after Adam Driver completely debunked that rumor...

He's supposed to deny that stuff, so his comment brings it no closer to being confirmed or denied. Just like Snyder on Zod, Cotillare on Talia, so on. And the rumor that Nightwing would be in the movie occurred before the rumor about Driver, so again, it wouldn't mean much.

Two things about Driver "debunking" the rumor.

1. Driver could be lying. It's happened many, MANY times before when it comes to these movies.

2. Even if Driver said he wasn't in the running for Nightwing, that doesn't mean that Nightwing isn't in the movie. It just means that Driver isn't involved.

For once, I'm hoping the actor is right about not being involved with a movie.

I refuse to watch The Other Boleyn Girl until the unrated cut comes out! :argh: :p
I have Cloud Atlas there but haven't gotten a spare week to watch it yet lol.

I should of known:p
Watch it! Man it's such an underrated gem. It takes multiple viewings to see all the small details of the connections between stories but darn I love that film. Makes me can't wait to see whats coming with Jupiter Ascending, even though Im less than thrilled with the leads. Hanks performance even got me started on a Hanks for Luthor kick.

I'd want Nightwing to spin off to a Titans feature.

Of our rumored choices, I'm supporting Badgely. My ideal pick is Ben Barnes.

Barnes...great pick I hadn't even thought of.:up:

It's looking more like Nightwing could be in the film (or get his own film, or TV series, or it might just be because he's due for a push in DC Comics) as DCE have trademarked this logo:

As I understood it, it's not even that exact logo, just something being described as "NIGHTWING on a bat".

Something new is definitely up with the character, that's for sure.

So I've sold myself way too far into the Ezra Miller camp that I know I've set myself up for disappointment when someone else is cast. I hate when I do this. I should have learned my lesson from the Heath Ledger casting.

I should of known:p
Watch it! Man it's such an underrated gem. It takes multiple viewings to see all the small details of the connections between stories but darn I love that film. Makes me can't wait to see whats coming with Jupiter Ascending, even though Im less than thrilled with the leads. Hanks performance even got me started on a Hanks for Luthor kick.

They can't tease with Nat and Scarlett in the same movie and then no deliver! :argh: :D
I liked the look of the future stuff in Japan(?) but some of the other parts looked a little less appealing. I am convinced Tom Hanks play any role so I'd be fine with him as Lex! :up:

I wish they'd go late teens for Robin/Nightwing and just cast Leo Howard. I know you guys might want Oscar-worthy actors but I'm doing comic book fan casting.

He played young Snake Eyes in both G.I. Joe movies and Young Conan. Here he is with his Dad.

I'm not entirely sure about his acting ability in terms of the Man of Steel sequel but I think he would be an excellent choice for Nightwing in the CW Arrow universe. That's not a knock against him, I'm just saying if they are casting for Nightwing in two places, I think he would be a better fit there.

Great choice!

Two things about Driver "debunking" the rumor.

1. Driver could be lying. It's happened many, MANY times before when it comes to these movies.

2. Even if Driver said he wasn't in the running for Nightwing, that doesn't mean that Nightwing isn't in the movie. It just means that Driver isn't involved.

nightwing is definitely in the movie. and he will most certainly be played by driver. his awkwardly long face, his lanky, jack skellington like body, and his massive height is nightwing to a T. i don't know why no one can see it. i've never seen him act, but i know he's oscar worthy.

I don't want a Nightwing who looks like he could beat up Batman... and Superman for that matter.

Is his dad the guy from worlds worst tenants?

nightwing is definitely in the movie. and he will most certainly be played by driver. his awkwardly long face, his lanky, jack skellington like body, and his massive height is nightwing to a T. i don't know why no one can see it. i've never seen him act, but i know he's oscar worthy.

None of those things describe nightwing to me. I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or whatnot but I don't think driver is the right guy for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"