BvS Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, my mistake for not spotting the obvious light-heartedness of your post. Whatever was I thinking? :o

No one knows yet for sure. I hope he is, it would be interesting to see Batman interacting with him and what type of chemistry they'd have.

No one knows yet for sure. I hope he is, it would be interesting to see Batman interacting with him and what type of chemistry they'd have.
I don't think anyone wants to see a good Dick/Bruce relationship more than me, but is this film really the place to have it?

So far we know Batman and Superman will be "versus". Wonder Woman will appear in some capacity. Luthor is almost definitely involved. Where does Dick fit into this? Robin is not needed for a Batman/Superman story, Nightwing is not needed for a DC Trinity story, Dick is not needed for a Superman sequel. There is no angle on this movie that actively supports shoving Dick in there other than that he is a fan favorite character.

Look at the DCAU's introduction to Batman/Superman. Bruce comes to Metropolis and doesn't bring any of his hero friends with him. This is because the crossover episode was actually a multipart episode of the Superman series. It was ultimately a Superman story with Batman included, but if Superman had come to Gotham, they could have had a Bat-family-centric story... Like they did when Superman appeared in The Batman cartoon. So this film is officially a direct sequel to Man of Steel, and it has Superman's supporting cast. Therefore, it is NOT a Batman movie with Superman in it. If it's anything other than equal, it's a Superman movie, and if it were equal, like in the DCAU's Justice League, we STILL wouldn't need Dick shoved in there.

I would like to see him but just as a cameo like if when Batman is in Metropolis Superman asks him, "shouldn't you be taking care of your own city" then Batman says, "I've got someone covering for me while I'm gone."
Then maybe show nightwing on the top of a building or fighting some crime?

Definitely hoping for Nightwing.

He could fit well into a Batman/Superman story.

Not sure if I personally prefer Robin over Nightwing in this.
But they could let this film include the point where Dick leaves Bruce to fight crime of his own :)

I don't really want to see him in this. I'm not opposed to doing the Robin/Nightwing storyline, just not in this movie. Save it for a solo Batman film.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get excited to see Dick in this movie.

Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, and I'd say let's throw Batgirl in too. bad place, this movie might as well have Superman now we're at it.

Not sure if I personally prefer Robin over Nightwing in this.
But they could let this film include the point where Dick leaves Bruce to fight crime of his own :)

nightwing works best, especially if this is a seasoned batman, which they keep saying he is. i see it like this: dick has become nightwing after a falling out with batman. jason todd has just been killed by the joker, and tim may or may not be robin at this point.

I don't really want to see him in this. I'm not opposed to doing the Robin/Nightwing storyline, just not in this movie. Save it for a solo Batman film.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get excited to see Dick in this movie.

But I think there's enough space for Dick to fit right in.

The dick is strong in this thread

Robin-Laughs-gif.gif

I really liked how they had him laugh as a kid on that show. Especially, when he was hiding and letting the echo freak people out...

[YT]1e3IKXZCixE[/YT]

It had me wondering if it was going to tie into the Joker in some way. I'm glad they didn't go that route. I agree, great touch having him laugh. Adds that playfulness to his character. :up:

But I think there's enough space for Dick to fit right in.

It's possible, but you don't want to squeeze Dick in there if it's not wanted. It could just feel forced. Dick should be inserted at the appropriate time.

It's possible, but you don't want to squeeze Dick in there if it's not wanted. It could just feel forced. Dick should be inserted at the appropriate time.
You know what, that's a good point. If Dick isn't wanted there, he shouldn't intrude.

If there is a place for Dick in this, do you think they'll pick someone attractive to play him? A Dick that women want to get a hold of, but isn't too full of himself. I don't want a Dick that's big-headed and full of vain. His hair shouldn't be too long either.

It had me wondering if it was going to tie into the Joker in some way. I'm glad they didn't go that route. I agree, great touch having him laugh. Adds that playfulness to his character. :up:

The thought never came to me. I believe I read somewhere that some comics did depict him as cracking up at times. Not sure how true that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"