Sequels Would you change Spidey's costume???

My ideal costume probably would have been somewhere between the movie suit, and the picture posted on the previous page (the one with the baby). I wouldn't have minded if it looked low-grade, aslong as it had some good quality lenses in the mask. I always thought of spider-man as a poor mans superhero. It's his powers that earn respect.

And on the webshooter debate, again I would have settled between the movie approach and classic approach. People say its unbelievable that he could invent webshooters, but the fact that he doesn't shoot webs out of his body is what keeps him human.

Can someone please confirm this for me if I'm right, but I remember hearing something about spider-mans underarm webbing forming from his sweat. If this is true than all the better, but I still think that would be the way to go.

They simply could have had parker apply advanced adhesives/coagulants to the fictional 'bio-steel' silk he was producing in his sweat and/or maybe spit.
This way, lines of goo dont explode with gun-like force from parkers forearm... but you can also explain why he has access to a substance no one else has.

The armpit webbing is fabric, sewn into the costume & has absolutely nothing to do with his actual webs that he fights & travels with. that's the way it's always been. I don't know where you heard that nonsense from. He had it in the beginning, back when he didn't even have organic webs. So no, that sweat thing is not true. Not at all. Never was.
AmazingFantasy15.jpg

spiderman_af15.jpg

MM3_Sowd_Spider-Man1.jpg

cat58.jpg

amazing_fantasy_spiderman.jpg

300px-Amazing_Spider-Man_Annual_1.jpg

Amazing_Fantasy_15.jpg

Last edited:
I'm aware that he had underarm webbing in his first books, and that it was part of the costume. The sweat thing may have just been a suggestion by one of the later writers or something, but Im sure I read it somewhere online.

But anyway, my point was... I wouldve used artificial webshooters, but have atleast parts of the 'web fluid' be produced from spideys body.

That doesn't make sense. Why have artificial when you have organic?

Only thing I would change would be to staple-gun Spidey's mask to his neck, since he can't keep the thing on for some reason.

I think they made the web to thick and for that reason the mask is not flexible enough

CTC-1620-image5.jpg

sm.jpg
sm2.jpg

Not my favorite concept but I thought it was unique so I thought I'd put my spin on it.
I'm liking this, it very much has a thicker, winter suit look to it, i could see it being insulating and him swinging around in it while its snowing

I wasn't suggesting that be in a movie, I just wanted defend the original artist a bit, he seemed to be taking a good deal of heat for being creative.

I still think it's a very stylized suit that could be used in a comic, spinoff or "secret wars" type story line.

I'd like a more comic feel to the suit or Ben's, I think Ben's suit would look sweet in red and black.
SpiderMan-BenReillyblack.jpg
i'm loving ben in black, he looks more distringuished.

i was wondering what his scarlet spidey costume woudl look like if his t-shirt/hoodie was black instead of blue?

could you do a mash up.

ben's costume is so much better than any other.

I do wonder though what it would look like if the crotch was a centre of the spider and the front and black had a black line leg penetrating its design...

so it would be red all over with the webbing pattern and having a black spider front on the front (all over) and a black spider back on its back (all over)

Last edited:
I'm liking this, it very much has a thicker, winter suit look to it, i could see it being insulating and him swinging around in it while its snowing

It's hideous. Just awful. And he's not Batman or Iron Man. He doesn't have a suit for this & a suit for that.

i'm loving ben in black, he looks more distringuished.

i was wondering what his scarlet spidey costume woudl look like if his t-shirt/hoodie was black instead of blue?

could you do a mash up.

ben's costume is so much better than any other.

I do wonder though what it would look like if the crotch was a centre of the spider and the front and black had a black line leg penetrating its design...

so it would be red all over with the webbing pattern and having a black spider front on the front (all over) and a black spider back on its back (all over)

I don't like the idea of the design calling attention to his crotch.

Looks wise the suit looks fine. Function yeah I could see it. More flexibility in the jaw, not a very super tight fitting suit. He looks stiff in it, alot more flexibility would be nice.

Just a few changes is all that's needed....

That doesn't make sense. Why have artificial when you have organic?

Because in my opinion he shouldnt be able to 'fire' the webbing from his arms. The webshooters make it more believable that he can shoot the lines 60 feet or what ever, and adjust the pattern/width/density of the web.

I mean, Does he have some kind of high pressure, compressed air gland in his wrist? Sounds like it would hurt. He'd be able to blow over light weight objects with the force alone, just by putting his wrist next to something. Does he like, clench some wrist schfincter to change the types of webs he fires?

I was fine with him using completely artificial webfluid, but since thats become so unbelievable... I could settle with him having organic 'webfluid', but still require the mechanical 'webshooters'.

Last edited:
It's hideous. Just awful. And he's not Batman or Iron Man. He doesn't have a suit for this & a suit for that.
chris, your memory sucks. SPidey has alternate costumes he impromptu designs, just like impromptu webbing.

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/costume/defense/index.html

it's similar in design to the costume shown in asm 499, a thicker alternate future costume, shown in a winter scene

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/costume/alternate/index.html

don't like the idea of the design calling attention to his crotch.
well that's good for you.

Chris, you're coming across as overly defensive in this thread. If you like the costume as it is, fine but it doesn't mean you should dump on everyone's parade.:boba:

Last edited:
I mean, Does he have some kind of high pressure, compressed air gland in his wrist? Sounds like it would hurt.
I don't know...maybe he even likes something getting out of his wrists.
Kinda like...you know...:cwink:

chris, your memory sucks. SPidey has alternate costumes he impromptu designs, just like impromptu webbing.

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/costume/defense/index.html

it's similar in design to the costume shown in asm 499, a thicker alternate future costume, shown in a winter scene

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/costume/alternate/index.html

[quoteI don't like the idea of the design calling attention to his crotch.
well that's good for you.

Chris, you're coming across as overly defensive in this thread. If you like the costume as it is, fine but it doesn't mean you should dump on everyone's parade.:boba:[/QUOTE]

I'm actually well aware of those things. But those were horrible costumes & bad ideas as well. And I'm simply saying I don't like the designs in question.

No radical changes for the sake of continuity.
Plus, I don't think average Joe would like an all new suit.

*subscribes*

The thing that I think they should do is make his mouth move in the mask in the movie and the webbing under the arm is fairly cool if the actual design of the costume is good that is.

They actually do make the mask move with his mouth. The problem is that Spiderman keeps quite most of the time(and says stuff when his back is to the camera/distant).

Watch the first Spider-man movie near the end when he says (I am paraphrasing) "DON'T DO IT GOBLIN!" it does not move at all. And I think they should update the costume in the movies because really I am getting tired of the current one.

The eyes look bigger in Spider-Man 1. In Spider-Man 2, the eyes look thinner and more angled. That's just my opinion. I don't know if anyone else sees the difference.

The eyes look bigger in Spider-Man 1. In Spider-Man 2, the eyes look thinner and more angled. That's just my opinion. I don't know if anyone else sees the difference.

I noticed it right away in the first SM2 teaser. I like em a tad slimmer :up:

Interesting though, the black costume's eye pieces seemed to be the biggest ones ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"