Would You Have Sex With A Robot?

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
Robot ethicists Kathleen Richardson of De Montfort University and Erik Billing from University of Skövde recently went on record as saying:

“We think that the creation of such robots will contribute to detrimental relationships between men and women, adults and children, men and men and women and women,”​

I'm of the mindset that if the tech is sufficiently advanced that the process is indistinguishable from the real thing then why the hell not? We all know the human population is a bit out of control so if we could placate all the stupid folks with robots so they could stop breeding indiscriminately and creating more stupid people I see that as yet another advantage. The only downside I really see is if we all had our very own sex robots that could look like anyone and do anything we desired then I'm not sure if very many other things would get accomplished in the world.

If you would like more info from the ethicists that started this whole thought experiment it can be found here:

http://gizmodo.com/dont-have-sex-with-robots-say-ethicists-1730866985

Vote in the poll and share your thoughts on these possible robot sexy times in our near future

Last edited:
I wouldn't even try, because of fear of rejection. Even machines have standards.

*shrugs*

If it's good enough for the Scarlet Witch...

Until the robots become sentient.

Well....if it looked human, acted human, and felt human, without fail....I don't see why not.

However...I think I'd have to do it with a robot that was "free", not under control of programming. Then it would just feel like a sex slave.

Well....if it looked human and acted human without fail....I don't see why not.

However...I think I'd have to do it with a robot that was "free", not under control of programming. Then it would just feel like a sex slave.

Begs the question if the robot is powered down does it dream of electric sheep?

Considering the Fleshlight is a product that exist and has sold millions I think I can safely assume where humanity sits in regard to this topic. I am, however, interested in what my friends here on the Hype think

Would it hurt?

Not unless you want it to

Not unless you want it to

Well in that case:

LsiaOhz.png

I'm not working at a university releasing statements about what people should and shouldn't do with the robot they bought with their own goddamn money

But you were desperate enough to type into Google "ROBOT SEX". :sly:

We've all googled freaky things before in our lives. :hehe:

The hot girl robot thing annoys me. What do we even have on the male robot side? Like... Prepubescent Haley Joel Osment in AI, Robin Williams in Bicentennial Man and a Hitler Youth-looking Fassbender in Prometheus? #Lame. :o

Give me the Luke Evansbot of my dreams...

The hot girl robot thing annoys me. What do we even have on the male robot side? Like... Prepubescent Haley Joel Osment in AI, Robin Williams in Bicentennial Man and a Hitler Youth-looking Fassbender in Prometheus? #Lame. :o

Didn't Jude Law play a gigolo-bot in A.I.?

Ahem hem hem

600px-T2NotNude-1.jpg

In my terrible unpublished science fiction novel, one of the protagonists is a male sex android from a more advanced branch of humanity that I based largely on a young Denzel Washington (written in the 1990s). Because he's from an advanced culture, he actually quickly realizes he's the smartest one in the group, and instantly develops a disdain for those around him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"