Sequels Would you watch an X-sequel if Wolverine wasn't in it?

Wolverine should not be leader of the X-Men. Ever.

It doesn't work for his character nor does it work for the team.

Agreed. Maybe that's why I can't really get into WATXM. I find the idea of Wolverine leading the X-men hard to swallow.

Besides, I think there's been enough focus on Wolverine as it is. It's time to let other characters shine. Do you realize we're potentially on the 4th movie and we still don't know anything about any of the other characters?! That's crazy!

Anyone else see a twinge of irony that the only person to vote "F*** THAT! Wolverine IS the X-men" has the user name "X-fan"???

Not judging him/her for feeling that way, i'm sure they have their reasons... just sayin its kinda funny.

never really liked wolverine too much. he just seemed dumb. he was always getting beat up. only thing he gots going for him is a healing factor so he can still come after you. but he was always getting his ass kicked. he is only good is you want to show a brutal ass kicking being taken. hugh jackman was just a bad cast for wolverine, for me. him being so tall the character looses his "short guy" syndrome he is known for. wolverine is always tryn to prove himself cause he is small, and is quick to attack to show he's tough.

I personally think that too much focus has been put on Wolverine, and too many other characters have suffered because of it.

what if wolverine wasnt in it but x23 WAS? OR DAKEN
What if we focused on characters that weren't Wolverine and also weren't related to him? Wolverine already has his own movie with another one in the works. Why do all of the X-men movies have to be about him too? It makes no sense.

Goodness gracious, Onion! :oldrazz:

Its not really about wolverine, he is an intriging character i give him that but to me he is a focus point in a circus of talent.

You need a lead character... somehow if you had Cyclops return, he wouldnt have the same impact as Wolverine did.

If you look at new characters then well, you would need someone like an older White Queen, Storm playing a very strong role or we bring back xavier who can now walk in his new body.

Maybe it is because I'm an old-school X-Men fan, but I always prefer X-Men to be a team rather than just a Wolverine & the X-Men kind of show, and if his absence means a greater development for neglected characters like Cyclops, Jean, etc, then I'm all for it. I think it is also a bad idea to incorporate Wolverine in every X-Men movie, thus suggesting that the franchise cannot survive without his presence. If that's the case, they might as well just make Wolverine sequels instead of X-Men.

How can I say this...?

The only way I'm going to see X-Men: First Class is if Logan is NOT in it. :p

And you know there's going to find a way to stick him in there somehow. :rolleyes:

I love Wolverine (especially Hugh as Wolverine), he's my favorite X-Men character...but yes, I would absolutely see an X-Men movie without him.

I just need the movie to be good. And I don't think it needs Wolverine (as much as I love that character!) for every film to be good.

I want to see some New Mutants/New X-men characters take a center role... like Magma, Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Mercury... all of 'em!

I wouldnt hesitate for a second to see an X-Men movie without Wolverine in, I like the character, although I liked him more in the movies than in the cartoon, but he has certainly never been my favourite character.

In the cartoon, I loved Cyclops, Beast and Rogue more than Wolverine.

I'd watch an X-Men sequel with or without Wolvie, but I'd rather Hugh Jackman do his Wolverine solo movies (with possible cameos in the other films, if necessary) and let the sequels stand on their own to feet without him. There are so many great characters and stories that have yet to be explored, and without Wolverine involved there's a better chance of getting to see them.

If they actually make Wolverine 2 and turn it into something that can salvage the character's name in a movie, then I would love for him to appear in the First Class sequel..

The only way I'd like to see Logan in a First Class movie is if a) they sneak him in there in a clever way (like how Scott met Logan in Wolverine, but never knew it due to his blindfold); b) he never actually ran into the rest of the cast (I can see Sabretooth being introduced into the Brotherhood, which of course could mean a cameo scene featuring Victor keeping a close eye on his brother); or c) they face someone like Shadow King, who manages to make them all forget their encounter, though that would feel like a cop-out.

i would definitely see an x-men movie if wolverine wasn't entirly involved, by the way, I have been all over the internet looking for the X-men The last stand screenplay, does anyone know where i can find it on site??

i would definitely see an x-men movie if wolverine wasn't entirly involved, by the way, I have been all over the internet looking for the X-men The last stand screenplay, does anyone know where i can find it on site??

You might be able to find it on the IMDB forums - the people there are very good at finding scripts

I would. I'd like to see him because he makes such a good Wolverine, but I'd prefer if he wasn't a main character. If they didn't have him, then they should replace him with a character or group of characters that stay true to their comic book counter part; both visually and character wise. I also want to see them adhere to the comic version of costumes as well.

In truth I'd prefer if they just rebooted the franchise though and adapted a franchise that adheres more closely to the X-Men comics. They did alot of things right, but they screwed up alot of things as well.

Sure!

But Wolverine is the poster boy of the X-Men series, so he should be in the movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"