• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WSJ: Netflix Is Developing a Live-Action ‘Legend of Zelda’ Series

Except for Link. Wrong actor, wrong looks.
Link is younger, and blond. Period!

It was a fake trailer for an April Fools day prank to mess with millions. I think it was pretty good.

It would really suck if they didn't use the music themes from the games

They'll probably have the theme for the opening and closing then use mostly original music otherwise.

This is awesome news. I have not seen Game of Thrones but they should make it similar to Legend of the Seeker as I always thought that show felt very Zelda-y.

Wow I thought more people on here would be excited about this or at least I thought there would be more conversation.

I know I'm excited. A ton of potential here.

Yeah, this forum is weird sometimes. This thing is only on page 2 so far while the 50 Shades of Grey thread is like a thousand pages long, lol.

Lets see if the creators are audacious, bold and creative enough to make Link a mute and have the character emote simply with his face and his mannerisms as well as have him be engaging and charming without having to say a word. They'd have to find a truly talented teenage actor though so that might be a pretty large hurdle to get over.

If they could do that it would really be something special to me. Chances are that if the series does ever get off the ground hell be able to speak, but itd be cool if they decided to do it differently.

That'd be a fantastic idea. :woot:

Live action Zelda is something I've been waiting for since childhood. I'd even go as far as to say it's the holy grail of video game adaptions. So many things have to go right, though. If they can't adapt it properly, I'd rather it not be done at all.

The character's only mute in the games in order for the player to feel more like he is Link, but there's no reason to make him a mute in the tv shows, even the manga adaptations of the games, which had to be accepted by the game developers, had him speaking normaly.

I liked the one where Link was really cocky. Actually explained why he was always the only one doing anything. He didn't need anyone else. I think it was Four Swords.

With most of the other mangas I read he was a rather archetypical hero.

Well, he speaks in every manga adaptation of a game, but it doesn't mean that always makes him interesting, i guess Link is just the archetypical hero, they can still improve upon that though, considering they have various episodes to work with.

I never read Four Sword, i think i only picked 2 volumes or 3, they were nothing special, but did give an idea of what the games were about. I always imagined Link as a sort of Luke Skywalker figure, but i a more cocky atitude does explain why he's always alone.

It would really suck if they didn't use the music themes from the games

Music has always been very important to Zelda. I'm sure that many of them themes from the games will be present in some form.

I'm doubtful this will even happen. But it's nice to see people being mostly positive.

I'm wondering how they're going to do some of the crazier monsters on a Netflix budget. Maybe most of the enemies will be Iron Knuts and Dark Knuts.

I imagine if they do get this off the ground, they'll do the Bublins and human antagonists.

I'd love to see it happen since Netflix is a good platform for it. They aren't as beholden as the old networks are to a certain way of doing things. Hopefully they and Nintendo can manage this with minimal conflict on how to execute it.

Well excuse me Princess!

tumblr_m0qs3sFscv1qa8sgzo1_r2_500.jpg

^^^

LOL!

as long as they don't make Link into an 80s California bro with his "Excuuuuuuuuse me princess" phrase, it will already be off to a great start

This is why
[YT]FPxY8lpYAUM[/YT]
OMG, I've never seen that show. How did it possibly run long enough to contain so many instances of that line!?

I'm actually not very familiar with Legend of Zelda at all. I think I played one game on N64 way back when but couldn't remotely tell you the story except that Zelda is a Princess and Link is a teenager that has to save her for some reason. I think, lol. That said, I'm always up for a quality fantasy series, so I hope this happens.

The only Link game I beat was Links Awakening on Game Boy but even so I'm interested in seeing this.

I've beat Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and I've played a 20 minute demo of Windwaker.

Nintendo will axe it before it even goes into the filming stage if it sounds ****. That much is guaranteed. I'm not worried about quality as I'm sure Nintendo will be asking Netflix to essentially pull from the best talent available.

I have faith in Nintendo keeping this on a tight leash, yes. Like Microsoft with Halo though it's possible it might just dissipate as their expectations may be hard to meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"