WTF?! "Hilton's good behavior cuts jail time to 23 days"

WHAT A JOKE.............:cmad:

justice.gif

It's representative of the entire justice system, though. Judicially speaking, she's not being treated any differently than anyone else in similar legal circumstances.

Personally, I agree with Supes79 that she represents everything that is wrong with our society in this day and age. People worship others who have abundance while absolutely not deserving it. They worship "celebrities" who are only "celebrities" because they're either rich, or attention ****es, or both. I find Paris to be droll, arrogant and self-absorbed and she goes out of her way to be in the spotlight. The remarkable thing about her being so damn full of herself and even being famous at all is that she is utterly talentless and devoid of any sort of real personality other than just being a snotty socialite who's main claim to fame is having a rich father. She's done absolutely nothing noteworthy with her life. She's not even really very pretty. And America laps it up, which is simply inexplicable to me. Especially when her sister Nikki is the one trying to make something of herself by learning the family business. That's infinitely more admirable than just being a jetsetting partygirl socialite who only cares about being "fabulous". :dry:

jag

One night in prison is unbearable enough. I think 23 days in solitude would be more than she, or any of us, could handle. 45 days in prison is not a walk in the park as you make it out to be.

Yeah I'm sure her back massage is going to be such torture for her... :whatever:

Lower back massages!

couldn't resist!

*pats self on back*

Mother of god you can't be this blind! People get special treatment all the f-ing time! Look at the Clustterf-ck that is Hurricane katrina!!! JESUS!

Katrina has absolutely nothing to do with the way our judicial system works. People with lesser crimes such as the charges against Paris have parts of their sentences commuted all the time in order to clear out room in the jails for more serious offenders. I saw it happen all the time when I was working in the court system and even processed the paperwork myself. Judges would even express a desire to keep inmates longer and tell them they deserved it, but they needed to make room for the more serious criminals and since they'd been able to demonstrate good behavior they had their sentences reduced. And none of the people who were granted this small reprieve were celebrities in any way shape or form. It's standard procedure, unfortunately, because our jails and prisons are overflowing and way over capacity. Paris isn't being given special treatment from the courts just because she's a celebrity. She's getting the same deal as anyone else with her legal circumstances. There's no big conspiracy theory, here. If there were favoritism being shown to her because she's rich and famous, she'd have gotten a much lighter sentence or no jail time at all.

I never said I wanted her to serve extra time. I want her to serve the time she was given. You however want her to serve less because she is a celebrity. Nice.:up:

She is serving the time she was given. If a judge reduces her sentence for good behavior in order to make room in the jails, she's still fulfilled her commitment to society.

jag

Katrina has absolutely nothing to do with the way our judicial system works. People with lesser crimes such as the charges against Paris have parts of their sentences commuted all the time in order to clear out room in the jails for more serious offenders. I saw it happen all the time when I was working in the court system and even processed the paperwork myself. Judges would even express a desire to keep inmates longer and tell them they deserved it, but they needed to make room for the more serious criminals and since they'd been able to demonstrate good behavior they had their sentences reduced. And none of the people who were granted this small reprieve were celebrities in any way shape or form. It's standard procedure, unfortunately, because our jails and prisons are overflowing and way over capacity. Paris isn't being given special treatment from the courts just because she's a celebrity. She's getting the same deal as anyone else with her legal circumstances. There's no big conspiracy theory, here. If there were favoritism being shown to her because she's rich and famous, she'd have gotten a much lighter sentence or no jail time at all.

She is serving the time she was given. If a judge reduces her sentence for good behavior in order to make room in the jails, she's still fulfilled her commitment to society.

jag

Agree to disagree then.:up:

I’ll be absolutely amazed if she actually spends any time in jail.

Agree to disagree then.:up:

Not really. I've actually worked in the judicial system and seen how this stuff works first hand. You've read something (though you list no sources). You're really off track on this one. Did you even read the link that I gave you? Jail and prison overcrowding is a massive problem. Commuted and reduced sentences are only one of the things they do to alleviate it. And believe me, they let people A LOT worse than Paris out of the slammer much earlier than their initial sentences called for.

jag

I’ll be absolutely amazed if she actually spends any time in jail.

She will serve some time, simply because the legal requirements stipulate that she must. I'm betting she'll get about a month's worth of time in total.

jag

Not really. I've actually worked in the judicial system and seen how this stuff works first hand. You've read something (though you list no sources). You're really off track on this one. Did you even read the link that I gave you? Jail and prison overcrowding is a massive problem. Commuted and reduced sentences are only one of the things they do to alleviate it. And believe me, they let people A LOT worse than Paris out of the slammer much earlier than their initial sentences called for.

jag

ok, then. Give me link that states that she is actually being released because of over crowding, & not good behavior.

The "Good Behavior" thing was put in there by the media, her sentence was reduced because of prison overcrowding CRDF (the lockup she's going to) is the only local all female facility, and a such it is nearly at capacity. Hilton will serve a lesser sentence to make room for harsher offenders.
That sounds more like it. I thought the whole "Good Behavior" thing was BS.

ok, then. Give me link that states that she is actually being released because of over crowding, & not good behavior.
Not being versed in the American Legal System, I suspect that overcrowded prison is not a valid legal reason to commute a sentence and good behaviour is. So, to satisfy the legal requirement, the official reason given is good behaviour. That does not mean, however, that overcrowding is not the real underlying reason.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/11/AR2007051100527.html

Paris Hilton May Not Serve Full Sentence

The Associated Press
Friday, May 11, 2007; 7:50 AM

LOS ANGELES -- Paris Hilton may spend far less than 45 days in county jail for violating probation because of state policies and jail overcrowding, authorities said Thursday.
Hilton, sentenced last week to do the time, could spend three weeks or less behind bars because of a state requirement that grants inmates time off for good behavior and because of overcrowding in the system, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

"It's possible that it could be 21 days, 23 days. It's a complicated formula that the state sets down. It's possible that she could do less time," Whitmore told The Associated Press.
As for overcrowding, "our jail is bursting at the seams" and some women inmates have been released after serving only 10 percent of their sentence, Whitmore said.
Last year, "Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating probation after her drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released in hours because of overcrowding.
Hilton's time will be determined when she is booked into the county system, Whitmore said.
She will not receive any favors because she is a celebrity, he added.
"She will be treated like any other inmate who's classified as a low-level security risk," Whitmore told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the development on its Web site.
A call to Hilton's publicist seeking comment was not immediately returned.
Hilton, 26, was sentenced last week for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. A judge ordered her to report to the women's jail in Lynwood by June 5.
Hilton intends to appeal and her fans have posted a petition on the Internet urging Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.

And there's more where that came from

jag

Not being versed in the American Legal System, I suspect that overcrowded prison is not a valid legal reason to commute a sentence and good behaviour is. So, to satisfy the legal requirement, the official reason given is good behaviour. That does not mean, however, that overcrowding is not the real underlying reason.

That's more or less accurate. There are a few ways judges can commute a sentence, either fully or partially, but good behavior is the most common one. You lawyer, you. :hyper:

jag

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/11/AR2007051100527.html

Paris Hilton May Not Serve Full Sentence

The Associated Press
Friday, May 11, 2007; 7:50 AM

LOS ANGELES -- Paris Hilton may spend far less than 45 days in county jail for violating probation because of state policies and jail overcrowding, authorities said Thursday.
Hilton, sentenced last week to do the time, could spend three weeks or less behind bars because of a state requirement that grants inmates time off for good behavior and because of overcrowding in the system, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

"It's possible that it could be 21 days, 23 days. It's a complicated formula that the state sets down. It's possible that she could do less time," Whitmore told The Associated Press.
As for overcrowding, "our jail is bursting at the seams" and some women inmates have been released after serving only 10 percent of their sentence, Whitmore said.
Last year, "Lost" actress Michelle Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating probation after her drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released in hours because of overcrowding.
Hilton's time will be determined when she is booked into the county system, Whitmore said.
She will not receive any favors because she is a celebrity, he added.
"She will be treated like any other inmate who's classified as a low-level security risk," Whitmore told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the development on its Web site.
A call to Hilton's publicist seeking comment was not immediately returned.
Hilton, 26, was sentenced last week for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. A judge ordered her to report to the women's jail in Lynwood by June 5.
Hilton intends to appeal and her fans have posted a petition on the Internet urging Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.

And there's more where that came from

jag

Fine. I concede. I have spent way to much time on this woman anyway.

I never said I wanted her to serve extra time. I want her to serve the time she was given. You however want her to serve less because she is a celebrity. Nice.:up:

she is serving the time she was given. She was sented and "given" 45 days with time off for good behavior. It's like this for almost every single person who gets sentenced. Judges sentence them to more time than they intend for the person to serve. They do this, because that way the inmates know that if they dont' do what they are told, they will have to sit for longer.

They do this for a reason. It saves tax payers money on managing the inmates, it prevents violence, it keeps inmates in line, and it helps ensure the safety of the jail and prison staff. This is not just for celebrities. It's for everybody.

We already explained this. How can you not comprehend it? What the hell is in your head?

It's representative of the entire justice system, though. Judicially speaking, she's not being treated any differently than anyone else in similar legal circumstances.

Personally, I agree with Supes79 that she represents everything that is wrong with our society in this day and age. People worship others who have abundance while absolutely not deserving it. They worship "celebrities" who are only "celebrities" because they're either rich, or attention ****es, or both. I find Paris to be droll, arrogant and self-absorbed and she goes out of her way to be in the spotlight. The remarkable thing about her being so damn full of herself and even being famous at all is that she is utterly talentless and devoid of any sort of real personality other than just being a snotty socialite who's main claim to fame is having a rich father. She's done absolutely nothing noteworthy with her life. She's not even really very pretty. And America laps it up, which is simply inexplicable to me. Especially when her sister Nikki is the one trying to make something of herself by learning the family business. That's infinitely more admirable than just being a jetsetting partygirl socialite who only cares about being "fabulous".

jag

that's all true. she is not talented, and she's not really that pretty either, however, who cares? she's not hurting anybody. She's not evil. And aside from driving under the influence, it's really her life. She can do whatever she wants with it, even if we don't like it. I'm no fan of anything she's ever done.

But so what? She's living a glamorous life. At least she's happy. As far as snobby or snotty. That's no different from all the famous people who entertain us. she might be average hollywood snobby, she might be less, or she might be more. We really have no possible way of knowing.

Why does anybody know who Lisa Marie Presley is? she's only famous for being famous, because of her father. She never did anything great, and she has no talent. She's fat as a whale, and she married the freaky Michael Jackson.

but she still makes it on the cover of tabloids. she's rich. And we all know who she is.

that's all true. she is not talented, and she's not really that pretty either, however, who cares? she's not hurting anybody. She's not evil. And aside from driving under the influence, it's really her life. She can do whatever she wants with it, even if we don't like it. I'm no fan of anything she's ever done.

But so what? She's living a glamorous life. At least she's happy. As far as snobby or snotty. That's no different from all the famous people who entertain us. she might be average hollywood snobby, she might be less, or she might be more. We really have no possible way of knowing.

Why does anybody know who Lisa Marie Presley is? she's only famous for being famous, because of her father. She never did anything great, and she has no talent. She's fat as a whale, and she married the freaky Michael Jackson.

but she still makes it on the cover of tabloids. she's rich. And we all know who she is.

Ahhh, but Paris goes out of her way to be in the public eye and that's what makes her annoying. Supposedly she's not really all that nice to most people, either, but that's heresay. I'm just tired of seeing her in the media all the time. She's a waste of skin.

jag

Can't we just sentence her to death, so we can put her out of her and our misery?

She was drinking and driving, she could have killed someone and she gets 23 days. That's F***ed! :cmad:

''Officials have decided to house the 26-year-old celebrity in a "special needs housing unit" reserved for police officers, public officials, stars and other high-profile inmates.''

WTF does she need special needs for? The ***** got her little 23 days now a special housing unit. Just bring her to disneyland why won't they.

''Hilton is currently in the process of appealing her jail sentence, which she must begin serving by June 5.''

Of course she would appeal, the ****ing ****e. Take the sentance ***** and live with it.

I think if we put a padlock on her vagina, she could could skip the jail sentence.

So long as the dumb broad doesn't have children, I think society will be okay after all.

Only can a celebrity get time off for good behavior BEFORE they go to jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"