WTF is up with smallville changing things

SatEL

Sidekick
Reaction score
First of people this is not a thread to bash smallville i enjoy the show and have been a fan from the start.One thing that annoys me about smallville is how clarks powers can be turned pn and of and how jorel has been made into some kind of god, all this factors annoyed me but one that really took the biscuit was when lex was given powers i mean what the???

I have always understood that clark got his powers from his kryptonian heritage and biology so how is it that a human like lex can suddenly be given powers. Also now adays it seems like clarks abilitys have been cheapened i mean brainiac is just as strong and fast as him.

wouldnt i be better if smallville was just confirmed as an elseworld tale i am sure more people would enjoy it more, with little complaints against it and it gives the writers creative freedom more openly without backlash from supes fanboys.

remember people this is not a thread bashing smallville so dont bust a vain

SatEL said:
First of people this is not a thread to bash smallville i enjoy the show and have been a fan from the start.One thing that annoys me about smallville is how clarks powers can be turned pn and of and how jorel has been made into some kind of god, all this factors annoyed me but one that really took the biscuit was when lex was given powers i mean what the???

I have always understood that clark got his powers from his kryptonian heritage and biology so how is it that a human like lex can suddenly be given powers. Also now adays it seems like clarks abilitys have been cheapened i mean brainiac is just as strong and fast as him.

wouldnt i be better if smallville was just confirmed as an elseworld tale i am sure more people would enjoy it more, with little complaints against it and it gives the writers creative freedom more openly without backlash from supes fanboys.

I understand your complaint. But bare in mind that a human getting powers isn't new to Smallville. Jor-El gave Johnathan powers as well.

:rolleyes:
did Kru-El and Unusu-El make you write this post?

BaK said:
did Kru-El and Unusu-El make you write this post?

:confused: who?

Look mate as i have stated above i am not taking a shot at smallville i have problems with certain aspects of the show and i am just venting thats if its alright with you?

SatEL said:
:confused: who?

Look mate as i have stated above i am not taking a shot at smallville i have problems with certain aspects of the show and i am just venting thats if its alright with you?

Dont take it to heart, Bak's a one line jokester, and I just got that too. You have to say it reeeaaalllly slowly.

Quite cute and funny! :D

In answer to your questions.

First of people this is not a thread to bash smallville i enjoy the show and have been a fan from the start.One thing that annoys me about smallville is how clarks powers can be turned pn and of and how jorel has been made into some kind of god, all this factors annoyed me

Well its a television drama that has played out now over 5 seasons, they need to up the anti and increase the stakes, and the way to do that is to take away the power.

but one that really took the biscuit was when lex was given powers i mean what the???

I have always understood that clark got his powers from his kryptonian heritage and biology so how is it that a human like lex can suddenly be given powers.

Well if you watched the episodes Hypnotic through to Vessel, you would have noted that Brainiac was carefully preparing Lex's body to be a host for Zod. He didnt just magically click his fingers or zap him, he used his brain and his logic and forumlated a plan.

Also now adays it seems like clarks abilitys have been cheapened i mean brainiac is just as strong and fast as him.

Well Brainiac is an AI from Krypton, so that kind of makes sense. I'm sure Clark will find some way to do away with him.

Whilst I dont think its been officially labelled an "Elseworlds Tale" Al/Miles have repeatedly said that they are putting their own spin on the mythos, just keeping the core of the characters true.

I wont bust any veins, but could someone pass the valium. ;)

Great replies i am interested in hearing others views on this.

blksuperman2 said:
I understand your complaint. But bare in mind that a human getting powers isn't new to Smallville. Jor-El gave Johnathan powers as well.

vain?
bust a vain!

AVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID....................i'm losing it over here......where is scripps?

Kaboom said:
vain?
bust a vain!

AVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID....................i'm losing it over here......where is scripps?

You looking for the clinic?

Bust a vain said in vein.

i know what i want, and want it now, i want you, and i'm mister VAIN.....(thats the proper use of the term vain)

as for not busting a VEIN over the bashing of SV....don't worry, we've heard it all.

Smallville is definitely an elseworlds version of Superman but it is also in my opinion very enjoyable.

i think at the end of the series, the camera will pull back to show clark and the cast standing at the kent farm, as if were looking in on them through a window. then we'll see clarks reflectin in the suit with glowing red eyes. he'll bang on the window with his fist. at which point the camera will zoom back to the cast and johnathan will be there.
clark will say "Dad?"

Kaboom said:
i think at the end of the series, the camera will pull back to show clark and the cast standing at the kent farm, as if were looking in on them through a window. then we'll see clarks reflectin in the suit with glowing red eyes. he'll bang on the window with his fist. at which point the camera will zoom back to the cast and johnathan will be there.
clark will say "Dad?"

I think you had too much of that Jack Daniels you posted. ;) :D

Kaboom said:
vain?
bust a vain!

I really dont get this does it make you seem smarter i made a spelling error instead of informing me of it in a sensible way you play the jokes card which lasts a few post down. I just find it pointless and unfunny but thanks for the correction.

SatEL said:
I really dont get this does it make you seem smarter i made a spelling error instead of informing me of it in a sensible way you play the jokes card which lasts a few post down. I just find it pointless and unfunny but thanks for the correction.

lighten up dude/tte

i just dont mind clark being a bumbling idiot who is constantly needing direction from others, he's just an overpowered sidekick in my eyes.....

i'm also beginning to hate the words 'my secret' urgh....the character has barely evolved in five series.

bah...i hope he grows some balls next time round...

November Rain said:
i just dont mind clark being a bumbling idiot who is constantly needing direction from others, he's just an overpowered sidekick in my eyes.....

i'm also beginning to hate the words 'my secret' urgh....the character has barely evolved in five series.

bah...i hope he grows some balls next time round...

Go back and watch the Pilot again and tell me that he hasn't evolved in five seasons....

He's changed a lot and actually grew up quite a bit in the last part of season five after Jonathan died. Yeah, he's still concerned about his secret but he guards his secrets closely when he's the mild mannered reporter in Metropolis later on, so it's something he will always do.

clark kent is pretty much the same since the show started.

:o

looking at other main characters from series that have lasted five seasons, clark is among the least changed. everything in smallville is so static....

and one can guard a secret identity without constantly throwing the concern around in a completely obvious manner, all the episodes are basically reminding you what happened in a very obvious manner what happened in the eps that came before them which after a while becomes nothing...

everything to date could have been slashed down to around 2 1/2 seasons, this last season has dragged considerably more, i can't believe it's taken a whole season from the first kryptonians landing to zod arriving, talk about filler-tastic....

get on with it, that's what i say...

triplet said:
Go back and watch the Pilot again and tell me that he hasn't evolved in five seasons....

He's changed a lot and actually grew up quite a bit in the last part of season five after Jonathan died. Yeah, he's still concerned about his secret but he guards his secrets closely when he's the mild mannered reporter in Metropolis later on, so it's something he will always do.

Triplet take into account that most people who say that Clark hasn't changed are those who would rather had him become Superman after season one.

Changes don't happen that quickly November, It takes time and experience for major changes to occur. You make good and bad decisions along the way. You don't just start out perfect, it takes hard work to get there. Clark isn't going to go from a unsure teen to the perfect role model within five years...that's not the way life works.

How many teens at nineteen do you know that know exactly their own personalities let alone where they want to be in life. Very few. Watch through early seasons of the show though, and you'll see many changes to Clark, his personality, and his view on things.

They are trying to put him through the same paces many teens go through. The first love that you just have a hard time letting go of, learning who you can trust in life, learning your parents are a lot smarter than you give them credit for...none of it is out of the ordinary for most teenagers growing up.

Technically speaking, if you are going by the comics, Clark won't be that ideal for another several years, after traveling the world some...and gaining some more lessons about life. I think it makes Clark more relateable to the youngster that watch it.

I find that most people that want the show to "hurry up" and "get on with it" are often teenagers themselves, who dont realize how much you change from the time you're 18-19 years old to when you're like 25-30. Not that I'm knocking them mind you, b/c I was the same way at that age. I thought I was all "grown up" at 18.

The Incredible Hulk said:
I find that most people that want the show to "hurry up" and "get on with it" are often teenagers themselves, who dont realize how much you change from the time you're 18-19 years old to when you're like 25-30. Not that I'm knocking them mind you, b/c I was the same way at that age. I thought I was all "grown up" at 18.

Me too, and then life teaches you some hard lessons.:O :o

in my experience, if a lesson is hard, generally that means it wasnt learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"