Falcon and Winter Soldier Wyatt Russell is U.S. Agent

giphy.gif

I have to say US Agent is not even close in this competition with Steve Rogers.

I wonder if they'll give any of Ultimate Captain America's personality to US Agent. Maybe he'll make a comment about the A on his head standing for America.

So with Walker becoming US Agent does anyone suspect that Ross or whoever's behind this rebranding of Government approved Heroes. Might bring back Iron Patriot for the Thunderbolt? Now that Iron Man is dead?

I’m definitely thinking that Walker is affiliated with either Ross (in which case he’s more likely to be an anti-villain and both of them may go through a redemption arc eventually) or someone more sinister (in which case Walker may end up being more of a straight forward hate sink.)

Why is he in blue rather than black?
They could always be saving the more traditional black suit for his eventual acknowledge that he’s not really cut out for the true Captain America legacy; I’ve always thought that the more usual USAgent/The Captain outfit would fit better with a character who know they fit in black ops more than in an inspiring role.

I had a crazy, unsupported speculation idea for Walker and how I would have handled his story before he was confirmed:

- Have Walker be the main antagonist against Sam for the shield and mantle of Captain America in Season 1... but have him walk the fine line between being a jingoistic (if not racist) jerk and unquestioning enforcer of Ross/whoever, and someone who does have virtuous motivations and a capacity for self-awareness that could eventually be used to stop him.
- Have Falcon expose his hypocrisy, and gullibility for whatever conspiracy is behind his promotion, to both Walker himself and the world at large... and have Walker end up owning that and eventually not contesting Sam for the shield and ID.
- ...Then Have Walker reinvent himself seeking redemption as USAgent - field leader of ... The Thunderbolts, a program where he thinks he can still do good work, but is under no illusions about his nature; T-bolts wouldn’t be a true suicide squad rehash, but they would have members like Ghost trying to make good as well.
- He wouldn’t be the main character of a Thunderbolts show or movie, but the authority figure with his own redemptive subplot; he’d be a guy desperate to make sure that even when doing dirty work, he and his team aren’t part of the problem.
- ...Which would end up being interrupted when the other Thunderbolts uncover a plot from Ross/Walker’s old bosses, and sic a new enemy team on them to get rid of them - The Dark Avengers...
- Complete with another new (and more objectively evil) Captain America they intend to supplant Sam with in Bill Burnside (the jingoistic McCarthy era Cap).
- USAgent earns his redemption fighting a copy of himself to get his team away, and dies, but in a badass way.

(I *may* be slightly infatuated with the idea of a Thunderbolts team composed of publicly known but reforming villains as the underdogs taking on a bunch of charlatans trying to steal the heroic Avengers’ glory.)

I’m definitely thinking that Walker is affiliated with either Ross (in which case he’s more likely to be an anti-villain and both of them may go through a redemption arc eventually) or someone more sinister (in which case Walker may end up being more of a straight forward hate sink.)

They could always be saving the more traditional black suit for his eventual acknowledge that he’s not really cut out for the true Captain America legacy; I’ve always thought that the more usual USAgent/The Captain outfit would fit better with a character who know they fit in black ops more than in an inspiring role.

I had a crazy, unsupported speculation idea for Walker and how I would have handled his story before he was confirmed:

- Have Walker be the main antagonist against Sam for the shield and mantle of Captain America in Season 1... but have him walk the fine line between being a jingoistic (if not racist) jerk and unquestioning enforcer of Ross/whoever, and someone who does have virtuous motivations and a capacity for self-awareness that could eventually be used to stop him.
- Have Falcon expose his hypocrisy, and gullibility for whatever conspiracy is behind his promotion, to both Walker himself and the world at large... and have Walker end up owning that and eventually not contesting Sam for the shield and ID.
- ...Then Have Walker reinvent himself seeking redemption as USAgent - field leader of ... The Thunderbolts, a program where he thinks he can still do good work, but is under no illusions about his nature; T-bolts wouldn’t be a true suicide squad rehash, but they would have members like Ghost trying to make good as well.
- He wouldn’t be the main character of a Thunderbolts show or movie, but the authority figure with his own redemptive subplot; he’d be a guy desperate to make sure that even when doing dirty work, he and his team aren’t part of the problem.
- ...Which would end up being interrupted when the other Thunderbolts uncover a plot from Ross/Walker’s old bosses, and sic a new enemy team on them to get rid of them - The Dark Avengers...
- Complete with another new (and more objectively evil) Captain America they intend to supplant Sam with in Bill Burnside (the jingoistic McCarthy era Cap).
- USAgent earns his redemption fighting a copy of himself to get his team away, and dies, but in a badass way.

(I *may* be slightly infatuated with the idea of a Thunderbolts team composed of publicly known but reforming villains as the underdogs taking on a bunch of charlatans trying to steal the heroic Avengers’ glory.)

All of this sounds fantastic, and for real, EXACTLY the type of stories one should be doing with the supporting cast of Capt. America.

All of this sounds fantastic, and for real, EXACTLY the type of stories one should be doing with the supporting cast of Capt. America.
Using the cast to comment on the burden of patriotism against jingoism and outright disenfranchisement would especially work for today.

Using the cast to comment on the burden of patriotism against jingoism and outright disenfranchisement would especially work for today.

That stuff is the exact reason to use a character like U.S. Agent.

But... I worry it will be sanded down to flavorless mush for the masses.

Don't worry, whatever substantive thing you can extrapolate from whatever they do end up doing will probably contain just enough of a bite to make the right people angry.

I really liked the Fantastic four costumes, because they looked like the comic suit.

I wonder if they'll give any of Ultimate Captain America's personality to US Agent. Maybe he'll make a comment about the A on his head standing for America.
It’s ok when it coming from US Agent lol.

So with Walker becoming US Agent does anyone suspect that Ross or whoever's behind this rebranding of Government approved Heroes. Might bring back Iron Patriot for the Thunderbolt? Now that Iron Man is dead?

I don’t know about the likelihood but I’d certainly be up for it if they did do this.

yes, best part of Iron Man 2

Love Wyatt so for me this is perfect casting but also he has proven that he is just as good an actor as both of his parents Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn...but still for Marvel to get him especially when they cast his father Kurt as Ego in GOTG Vol 2...I have to say good for Marvel for keeping it in the family

looks good, but I would‘ve preferred him with a black & red costume

Hmm, is that a Blue Lives Matter flag on his arm? Or is it just grey

I imagine he'll get it when he rebranded as U.S. Agent towards the end of the season.

Bonus points if he and others view that as a cringe-worthy rebranding invented by PR and marketing people, and something of a punishment. ;)

my guess is US agent may tie in with the head of SWORD from the wandavision series...which will ultimately lead to secret invasion.

Love Wyatt so for me this is perfect casting but also he has proven that he is just as good an actor as both of his parents Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn...but still for Marvel to get him especially when they cast his father Kurt as Ego in GOTG Vol 2...I have to say good for Marvel for keeping it in the family
Oh - I didn’t realise he was Kurt Russell’s son!

I have no doubt he'll nail it - I rewatched Overlord the other day and was just thinking 'yeah, he'll be great as Walker' throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"