Logan X-23: will we see a fourth timeline in the future to come?

If that is the case, why would the comics feature Cyclops as a major superhero? He died in 2005 before you theorize them going public. He wouldn't be canonized like that.

If something, he would be celebrated. They created a fictional version of him.

Since we are on the topic anyway though, I'm very curious about the reasons why you set the 'Zero Event' as you call it at that point of the timeline. Your website lists it as 1913 (and also as 1903 by the way ;)), but no matter how hard I tried, I really can't find any relevance for that date in the X-Franchise. Mind enlightening me?

You get a timeline... and you get a timeline... and you get a timeline! ;)

Proper question. It's 1903, I corrected that mistake.

Well, if you're going to make Moira and Emma be born so earlier in the timeline, as well as having Sebastian Shaw operating in 1944, you need to alter the timeline long time before Magneto or Xavier would be born, right? Especially the new Moira, who is born in 1932 as Charles Xavier.

By the way.........

Wolverine did not kill any scientist in 1983 (Apocalypse). Nor he did that in X-Men Origins.
Could someone please confirm me this?

I still think Logan is a separate universe from the main X-Men timeline.

I think of the various X-Men movie timelines like this nowadays...

Origins:Wolverine, X-Men 1-3 and The Wolverine is one timeline, and the last we saw of this was Wolverine finding out Professor X is alive again in the airport at the end, we haven't seen any of this timeline since.

Logan
is another timeline whatever you think you know, about a quarter of it is "true", which is what Logan says about Laura's comics in the movie.

Legion
(series) is another timeline again, where the government are only just really learning about mutants.

4a/4b
X-Men:First Class can serve as a prequel to all the other timelines if you ignore it's sequels, but as it currently stands this timeline runs...
First Class, Days Of Future Past, Apocalypse, Deadpool

(...with "Dark Phoenix" (set in the 1990s) to follow Apocalypse, Deadpool 2 to follow Deadpool (to be followed eventually by X-Force) and New Mutants (maybe becoming a trilogy of it's own) all happening next year.)

...although I wouldn't be surprised if the main line of X-Men movies eventually lead tot he Age Of Apocalypse and another time reset brings them in sync with what's happening in the contemporary set films. .,,, (Ooh, and the "Gifted" series that's coming as well.)

Neither version of 1973 mentioned/seen in Days Of Future Past leads, via Origins:Wolverine, to the original X-Men trilogy, first there are events without the time travel bit that lead to the dark future at the start of the film, then the time travel bit leads to the corrected future at the end of the film...

...Nor are either of the futures seen in the DOFP ones which lead to the events of Logan seven years later.

If we see X-23 again, it will either be in a spin-off from Logan without Jackman that sits apart from the current X-Men/Deadpool/New Mutants timeline, OR she will be a different version that either originates in the current timeline or comes from an alternate future.

No thanks. Logan was a fine movie but it should remain alternate reality "what if" and nothing more. A touching one-shot. Re-cast Wolverine and stop that future from happening in the X-Men movies.

No thanks. Logan was a fine movie but it should remain alternate reality "what if" and nothing more. A touching one-shot. Re-cast Wolverine and stop that future from happening in the X-Men movies.

Hell yes.

Personally for the time being i doubt they have any plans on resetting the timeline to wipe Logan from it.

I could even see a sequel to logan with X23 being made continuing on withing 2029 or later in mangolds created world.

Last edited:
Logan, for me, is the perfect conclusion to the original trilogy (plus The Wolverine).

X1, X2, X3, The Wolverine, Logan. Perfect Wolverine Saga. I'd even include the first part of Origins, up until he leaves Team X. (The remainder of that movie can be erased from existence.)

So basically/maybe something like NYX minus the whole prostitute thing. With Kiden (who is mentioned in the screentest footage) who can stop time, X-23, Tatiana (Mutant with the ability to shapeshift into any animal or human whose blood she touches). I'd totally be down for something like this.
1471042-nyx.jpg

Last edited:
If they do a spin off you probably can expect it to be set after Logan so i don't think a reset will happen any time soon.

Well unless its much further down the line.

Logan, for me, is the perfect conclusion to the original trilogy (plus The Wolverine).

X1, X2, X3, The Wolverine, Logan. Perfect Wolverine Saga. I'd even include the first part of Origins, up until he leaves Team X. (The remainder of that movie can be erased from existence.)

That would be nice, but I don't remember that there were problems with mutant births in the original trilogy timeline.

Well, on the other hand, according to Logan births stopped in 2004, around the X1-X2 time. It makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"