X-MANIPS COMPETITION #10: X4 Scene w/ Powers & NEW Character

taintedFB

Sidekick
Reaction score
X-Manips Competition #10: X4-SCENE (w/power display & new character)

THEME:

Manip a scene you'd like to see in X4.

The scene must show a display of mutant power and contain at least one NEW character not yet seen in the movies.

RULES:
  • One entry per person.
  • Must be a digital manipulation.
  • Post ONLY the final result.
  • No alternate or multiple versions.
  • You cannot submit an entry that has been previously posted in the past. Cuz that's like cheating.
  • Do not use someone else's manips, regardless of whether you had permission or if you just didn't know.
DEADLINE:
Contest will end on September 7th at 11:59 PM Eastern and Specific Time.

PM me if you have any questions.

Entry #1: TaintedFB
ScottSinister.jpg

Entry #2: Majik1387
scene.jpg

Entry #3: Nadino
MLFSentinelAttackPreview1Final.jpg

Entry #4: Batboy99
x4scene.jpg

Entry #5: ToriL90
officeinfiltrationmm4.jpg

Entry #6: Masterj
gambitfinishedqa2.jpg

Entry #7: Gizmo
hellfireut3.jpg

Working on a manip with Kitty and Logan displaying their powers against the Marauders. This should be better than my last entry. ;)

I finished a possible submission, but will do a few alts before making an official entry.

ENTRIES CONTINUED:

Entry #8: Alfmartinez
escenamo6.jpg

Entry #9: spidey-dude
1234567889.jpg

I have one character decided and started since yesterday, now I'll have to decide the new one and the background, one of the hardest things for me...

What character did you decide, Angamb?

Yeah... I'm doing Sinister.

How bout you guys?

I always want my manips to be a surprise, hahaha. The only thing I'll say is that the character is a male one. I started to try something with a background, but don't like it at all, I don't know what to do.... hate to find backgrounds.

I always want my manips to be a surprise, hahaha. The only thing I'll say is that the character is a male one. I started to try something with a background, but don't like it at all, I don't know what to do.... hate to find backgrounds.
I haven't started on backgrounds. I'm working on the action clips first. Mine is like a comic strip, with a bunch of small pictures so I can capture more action. I know my scene takes place on the streets of Boston, but I haven't looked for the background yet.

Wow. I've created so many alternates! I don't know which one to enter! I have a panel one like the one I did for the end battle with 6 panels! Or should I submit one full picture...

AHHH!

tainted, did you notice you didnt leave any slots for the manips?

But how many members are there in the contest?
Toril, Angamb, flavio, tainted, batbot, Neto Magnus, me... I guess that's about it. So 7 images will fit in a post

Ooops.... :woot:

My thoughts exactly! Hopefully they'll fit in one post. Or maybe I'll have to start the voting thread without a poll and post them there, then add the poll when we reach the deadline...

BTW: IS THIS A REASONABLE DEADLINE? OR SHOULD WE MOVE IT UP A BIT?

BTW: IS THIS A REASONABLE DEADLINE? OR SHOULD WE MOVE IT UP A BIT?
I believe it's too long, but then again - some are starting school here soon so it may work. Like the others that were 2weeks in length, those seemed like enough time right? So we don't get bored waiting.

Not for me... I'm going on a holiday to argentina during that period. It's okay :up:

I believe it's too long, but then again - some are starting school here soon so it may work. Like the others that were 2weeks in length, those seemed like enough time right? So we don't get bored waiting.
I was the one who suggested extended time, actually. We were discussing the theme as requiring at least two frames. I was thinking, "double the pictures? Double the time."

So maybe we should move it up to August 25?

I think the deadline is ok. I'm on hollidays, so haven't my computer to can work with my entry.

Okay, we'll leave it as is.... but everyone feel free to submit entries early...

BTW: Are you guys doing single images or panels/ filmstrips? I can't decide myself!

I can understand that some are on 'holidays' or what I would like to call 'Summer Vacation' :cwink: But what are the rest of us suppose to do during this time?? :csad:

I thought the rules implied it was to be a single image??
Are the rules still being worked???

If some users want something to do, why not a second comp?

don't know, I think we should create something new, that can give a bit more life to the boards.

Another parallel month-long running competition? I think not :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"