*~<<¤» X-Manips Competition 9: X-SCENE «¤>>~*

I need to work more. I have been a bit relax this last week.

Anyone else planning on entering?? :csad:

why don't you make a new entry, flavio? hhahah, would be nice.... I think two entries by user isn't a bad idea.

That is sad, even the first page hasn't been updated with the entries that have been submitted. It's as if the interest in these things is fading, and it can't you guys come on. I'll try working on something, though I have a lot of work with my card series alone :csad:

This is sad...

We need more to participate if these things are going to continue. I can enter a second entry if that is allowed, though the rules say 1 entry per person..

Spidey-Dude? Where'd you go?

It's not that sad. I mean X3 came out a year ago and I for one am losing interest. But I gotta admit these contests reignited my inspiration but there just isnt much to do anymore.

I only have about a handful of X-men manips left to do and thats gonna be it for me. It's time to move on to other superheroes.

yeah ive already spoken to you about what we shuld do neto, think ill pm excelsior

So what other forums do you guys visit? Smallville? FF? Batman? Superman?

Batman mostly, I'm actually debating on if I'm gonna enter. I havent done an X-Men manip in a long time

Why change boards or superheroes?? There are still hundreds of characters in the X-Men universe to make!!!
Do these competitions have to be restricted to being 'movie based' costumes?? Why not a regular competition with costumes and or characters from the current line of comics? There's several to choose from too. I think that's why it's loosing interest - there's only a hand full of promo pics from the movies to actually use, and the black attire is becoming boring. I have said this before, and now that I think about it, I'm probably the only one that thinks that :csad: These competitions can survive, we just have to take a different approach to them.

i don't think its the theme's that are causing less interest in it, people just got bored with the competitions, and/or don't have (or want to take) the time to make the manips for these any more

but, instead of complaining about this theme, why don't you just enter and try to win, so, you can pick the next theme
or, suggest your ideas to the winner for the next competition
(sorry, if you all don't like this theme, it was semi based on my suggestion, which no had to use if they didn't want it, i was just putting it out there as an idea, but, i'll take the blame for this one)

LOL, I'm not complaining, Just asking questions like everyone else is. I never said I didn't like this theme, and take whatever blame you want to - but no one is blaming any one single person for the decline in interest.

I think that's why it's loosing interest - there's only a hand full of promo pics from the movies to actually use, and the black attire is becoming boring.

I agree totally. I'm not even a manipper, and I can see the same promo pic used again and again. :(

Well, could be worse. At least there are a lot of X-Men. Imagine how many Batman and Superman manips are on those forums.

Imagination is a great gift.

I don't think the problem is the lack of promo pics. I still see some manip that really surprise me, and very talented. I still have interest in the x-men, and in the manips, and always will have it.

I'm working on something that I haven't seen here yet, so the problem is the loss of interest in the x-men.

Eager to see the rest of the submissions...

Spidey Dude, are you gonna put the current submissions on the first page?

ok, I guess I’ll call my done, and enter it in
from the start i had this scene in mind, it's from an early x2 script, the toad scene
I tried to set it up from different views, different parts of the scene, I ended up going for a full scale kinda view, right in middle of the scene (more or less)
in this scene,
after Toad showed up to confront Storm and Nightcrawler, who were searching for the captured kids (who they found hanging from glass cages in a large containment room) Toad and Nightcrawler started chasing each other out the room, then Toad attacked Storm knocking her out (as she tried to get to the control panel to free the kids), he then started to pull out the pins, holding up the cages, as the cages fell one by one, Nightcrawler teleported (BAMF) in each cage grapping the student and teleporting (BAMF) back down to the grown, before the cages crashed down on to the floor around Storms still unconscious body

script or scene http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nightcrwalerandtaodhd1.jpg

BTW: i had to resize it quite a bite, when i uploaded it, so, it ended up losing some quality of details, sorry

Whoa. :up:
With the exception of Storm and some shadows missing, it looks great. I call it a winner. Congrats.

Well, could be worse. At least there are a lot of X-Men. Imagine how many Batman and Superman manips are on those forums.
yeah well, the Batman movie isn't even out yet and we're still getting promo pics, so it's different. I think the X-Men is getting boring because the its been more than a year since x3 and there aren't any new promo pics out. Even to make different characters not in the movie is boring, you're still using the same promo pics right? That's what I think is the problem now. I wish they released new pics.
plus, the damn leather suits,as nadino said before, get boring after awhile.They shouldnt of made the movies so realistic. C'mon, they have superpowers, it isnt intended to be very realistic.

Whoa. :up:
With the exception of Storm and some shadows missing, it looks great. I call it a winner. Congrats.

thanks,

ya, i know, missed couple details ( i was going to do some touch up work day, before posting it, but, just couldn't get in to it, been working it, off and on, to long, kinda bored of it at this point) and I know, storm's body, i just couldn't get to look right lol

again thank, glad you liked it

though, the other entries all look great, they'll give mine some competition, and i don't know who else is planning on entering, but, looking forward to seeing what else people come up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"