Days of Future Past // X-Manips Competition #1 : The future \\

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Hi yall!....... remember those good times?

I was searching for old threads and found all the competitions we had back in the day, post X3, and didnt remember we had so many, lol there were some cool stuff and some funny manips too :woot:

Here are all the past competitions, in case some of you want to remember all or part of the work made: http://forums.superherohype.com/search.php?searchid=12360895

I thought would be cool to have some fun again until the release of Days of future past....

so Here is the first competition of this new era:

:xmen:-MANIPS COMPETITION #1: The Future

THEME:

Do a manip set in the future timeline of Days of future past with only ONE or TWO x-men from original trilogy (XO: Wolverine included).

RULES:

* One entry per person.
* Must be a digital manipulation.
* Post ONLY the final result.
* No alternate or multiple versions. (you can share it on the manips thread instead)
* You cannot submit an entry that has been previously posted in the past.
* Do not use someone else's manips, regardless of whether you had permission or if you just didn't know.
* Two characters at most

DEADLINE:

Contest will end on December 10.

Ok, guys, Lets get the work started! :woot:

:xmen: :xmen: :xmen: :xmen:

Last edited:
So.... we can only use two characters ? and in what kind of setup is it supposed to be ?

the setup is the future of the storyarc. As free as you want it.

using one or two x-men from original trilogy.

Next competitions will have another theme, maybe set in the past, maybe a full scene with more than 4 characters... you know, there are plenty of themes for future competitions. I guess I wanted to start with something a bit simpler, so many users can participate

Last edited:
This sounds interesting; I may take part.

great! I was afraid none was gonna participate, lol

Ive already started mine, its a cool idea, but I might consider another concept/characters :D

Odds are if I don't finish it in the next week and a half I may not take part due to work, but it does sound fun to try.

Well, if around deadline time we only have two manips, we can perfectly change the date, lol

I guess depending on the number of participants, we could have more competitions often or not.

Since we still have almost two years until Days of future premiere, I guess 6-10 competitions would be more than enough, so we could lenghthen the deadlines to two months at most. although it seems too much for me, lol, but again, it just deppends on the participants.

Hopefully as times passes, we can get 6 or more users posting manips with each comp.

Anyone know of any good image hosting sites so I can actually post mine on here? All I get is red X everytime I try.
xmdofpbrianjd.th.jpg
[/IMG]

figured it out! Cyclops and Archangel being hunted down by some sentinels.
xmdofpbrianjd.jpg

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two of my fave characters/actors from the franchise, great!! loving the new poses, wings, concept and all.

I thought none was gonna post a manip, so this is a great surprise and I think this gives me some push for my manip, since I stopped some weeks ago. But I could change my idea, since its pretty similar to yours but less cool :D

Thanks! I saw this thread and got excited to get creative! Can't wait to see your idea and some other submissions as well.

hey Angamb - used to love the old comps (although the link in your first post isnt working) I'll see if I can whip something up

hi! would be nice to see more manips. I hasnt started mine yet.... I searched for references and pictures but Im a bit lazy at the same time, so hope to feel another push these next days.

I'll fix the first post, so you all can see past competitions and entries. ;)

think I won a few back in the day (my memory is a tad rusty mind)

Ok, I have choosen my idea and done the very first sketch, looks pretty cool. Lets see if I spend time on it during these weeks so the final result can look amazing :D

for the new users coming back to the xmen board, would be nice if some of you enter on the comp.

we could change the deadline if some plan to enter, so please tell us.

Heres one i did, Not completely happy with it, but too busy to change it now...

DOFP.jpg

Quick question, would a Sentinel count as a character? Say I want to use two mutants and a Sentinel. Okay or no?

Quick question, would a Sentinel count as a character? Say I want to use two mutants and a Sentinel. Okay or no?

no no. A Sentinel is a robot, not an actor/character :woot:

Heres one i did, Not completely happy with it, but too busy to change it now...

DOFP.jpg

As I mentioned in the Manip thread, I do love this and think it's a great conceptual. I hope you produce more! :)

screenshot2012.jpg

Here is mine

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove this!

The tones, the positioning of the images and the mood of it. Fonting would be better in a Helvetica Light but other than that it's brilliant.

Love love love!

Here it is, so everyone can see it quickly on the topic:

its a simple manip, but I love to see these two actors/characters on the same photo. Fox definetly has many possibilities regarding the posters and marketing of this sequel

I disagree with your critique here. I think it's fabulous and not such a simple manip. I think there was definitely some work put into this artwork.

Just my two bits.

Amazing. Great idea. Man I'd love to see sexy Anna Paquin back as Rogue

I disagree with your critique here. I think it's fabulous and not such a simple manip. I think there was definitely some work put into this artwork.

Just my two bits.

I have just read the theme of this comp, and it was a manip set in the future timeline...... so, guys.... technically these two last manips dont fit the theme at all, hehe.

I guess since we havent many more manips, I'll dont exclude them.

but the excting thing was to see a manip like a still from the scenes of the future, with a background and the characters in movement or something.

Anyway, for next comps, lets take this into account, guys :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"