X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Cal Dodd finally got some cool lines in this one and although he's struggling a bit, he still hits that magic in moments. A cool callback to the classic
"Hey tin man.." quip
from the very first episode of the original series.

Hopefully we finally get
Magneto vs the X-Men
properly in this series as well. The original series kind of danced around it.

I mean, it's always worth tempering lol

That actually annoyed me and struck me as presumptuous. No, Rogue. Gambit was not, in fact, your man. And that was your choice. Because you decided touching a creepy old man who took advantage of you when you were young was more important (Seriously. Will writers just let that **** die? It is icky beyond belief and honestly never should have happened).

She made a terrible choice and treated Gambit very shabbily. She doesn't get to slip him back on like a pair of old, comfortable shoes after making out with Magneto in front of him. In the future, I would like to see some acknowledgement of the fact that that part of her 180 turn is fueled by her own guilt and at doing Gambit wrong.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am not a fan of how Rogue has been written in the series thus far.
I agree so much with this. Rogue was my favourite in the original series but here she is not because of how she is written. The flashback of her and Magneto made that relationship even worse because she would've been very young in that flashback. Gambit stuck by her despite the no touching issue and it just seemed like she cast him aside for Magneto because she could touch him.

Ladies and Gentlemen
That’s how you do cameos properly. You tease just enough to signify that there’s a larger world out there. Featuring Dr. Doom, Baron Zemo, Omega Red, Silver Samurai and our beloved Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!!!!

This episode was a banger full of surprises, holy crap.

I know DeMayo teased it, but I was not expecting to see a Spider-Man cameo so soon, much less Doom, Silver Samurai, Zemo and Omega Red. This makes me wonder if the rest of the Avengers are going to play any part in the next two episodes or if it ends up pointing more in the potential Avengers vs X-Men direction for season 2.

I'm also surprised they're still keeping Cooper's identity a secret. But Magneto unleashed and declaring war on humanity just as Xavier returns to Earth is going to be interesting. Bastion has pretty much sealed his fate.

Find it kind of weird that Storm hasn't returned to the mansion yet though.

I predict fans going even crazier asking for Spider-Man '98 now. Sadly with Freshman year on the rise it seems unlikely, but let's hope.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening because of that reason. Same reason why I think Raimi's Spider-Man 4 will never materialize no matter how much fans claim for it. Feige would not allow it with the MCU's own Spider-Man 4 in the works.

I think we could get Onslaught in Season 2. Sinister will have Magneto's DNA due to his captivity, and now with Xavier back on Earth, he only needs to get Xavier's DNA then he can cook up Onslaught in the lab.

I think we could get Onslaught in Season 2. Sinister will have Magneto's DNA due to his captivity, and now with Xavier back on Earth, he only needs to get Xavier's DNA then he can cook up Onslaught in the lab.
Eh I just can't get down with that idea
The coolest aspect of Onslaught imo was that it was the result of Xavier absolutely unleashing on Magneto, which corrupted him... I'd rather have Fatal Attractions and all that led up to it
Another lab grown creation of Sinister is boring

Last edited:
images

That's it. That's the entire episode. Really well done.

Eh I just can't get down with that idea
The coolest aspect of Onslaught imo was that it was the result of Xavier absolutely unleashing on Magneto, which corrupted him... I'd rather have Fatal Attractions and all that led up to it
Another lab grown creation of Sinister is boring

So Onslaught is actually Xavier himself, and not something created from his and Magneto's DNA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"