X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Rewatched. I think what makes Xavier so impactful at the end is that the creatives (rightly) had the X-Men split apart for the majority of this episode—Logan & Nightcrawler, Jean & Scott, Jubilee & Sunspot, Storm MIA, etc. Having Xavier arrive and summon them all together is such a third-act flex. Perfect storytelling.

Great episode and only part 1.

I didn't expect more of the cameos but those weren't even the best parts.

Loved the Nightcrawler/Wolverine back to back taking them humtinels. That is the first time they had any substantial time and did great with it. The Summers trip was fun to watch, I can see Cyclops going with Cable for bonding after the season. I was not expecting Magneto to be let out that soon. I thought the next episode might be Storm arriving and fighting or being attacked there. They still don't know she has her powers back.

Spider-Man caught me by surprise, we saw Cap, Stark expo, mention of Hulk, now Spider-Man. Maybe they have a plan form X-Men vs Avengers or a civil war type. I just want more animated shows in this universe.

Not surprised, though the Spider-Man looked smaller than the Fox animated Spider-Man. I remember his series had crossover episodes with X-Men, Iron-Man, Blade, Punisher, Cap, etc. I believe the X-Men were the same in his show.

So Onslaught is actually Xavier himself, and not something created from his and Magneto's DNA?

Onslaught is slightly more complicated. A bit of a psychic creation from when Xavier mindwiped Magneto. Kind of like a Shadow King like creature.

Not surprised, though the Spider-Man looked smaller than the Fox animated Spider-Man. I remember his series had crossover episodes with X-Men, Iron-Man, Blade, Punisher, Cap, etc. I believe the X-Men were the same in his show.

The series had the most crossover with Marvel characters in the 90s and it introduced the Spider-Verse first.

Last edited:
How did Wolverine know that Magneto was alive? It seems like the writers may have forgotten to add that info in.

How did Wolverine know that Magneto was alive? It seems like the writers may have forgotten to add that info in.
I think the mass EMP reaction simultaneously shutting down and causing all of the airborne Prime Sentinels to fall from the sky may have been a clue. :oldrazz::hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that. Holy **** we are NOT ready.
tumblr_inline_p3nzuvJrGD1qajb9c_540.gif

Yall, remember this is the NON-SPOILER Thread! You need to TAG in here! Use the dedicated thread I made for the finale to discuss without the need for Spoiler Tagging. Seriously guys, this is 3rd week in a row I have had to post a similar message and we have the notification that's been added about Spoiler Tagging. There is no excuse

Based on some of DeMayo's comments, I don't think there's a chance to see Bobby. At least not this season.

I'll keep my hope for S02, knowing that at least he tried adding him on S01.
If they do Spider-Man, it would interesting if they save him and Angelica for that.

I'm 50/50 on whether she's actually Mystique. I feel if they were to reveal it, it would have been in this episode given the context. Though I still find it curious that Kurt namedrops his mom in the same episode where Val Cooper is revealed to be alive and in cahoots with Bastion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"