X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

i really don't want to see Magneto and the Wolverine in season 2.

I want the other characters to shine. And no to Onslaught as well.

That’s impossible they’re two prime characters in the series. Not to mention they highly beloved characters to fans.
Other characters such as?! Seriously one of the best created threats to the X-men

I'm reserving judgement until next week, but at the moment I feel like the comics did it much better

I loved Fatal Attractions it was the first event comic I ever bought, I had them all with the foil card covers, two were even signed by the artists, so its close to my heart

Having E for Extinction and Operation Zero Tolerance mashed together was already packed enough, so to add this into the mix feels like too much

Credit to Marvel and Disney for allowing them to go so gruesome with it though, did not expect that

I really wish DeMayo would stop giving “homework” on Twitter. He completely ruined the ending. Instead of it being “holy **** I can’t believe they did that!” It was “oh yeah there it is.”I don’t even follow him on twitter but his little assignments end up on Reddit and elsewhere and it’s annoying.

That’s impossible they’re two prime characters in the series. Not to mention they highly beloved characters to fans.
Other characters such as?! Seriously one of the best created threats to the X-men
I just find the other characters more interesting.

I have seen them enough in various platforms, to say that other characters should get the spotlight as well.

What do you expect for the roster in sequel (season2) ?

Previously, we had
TAS 92 : Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Jubilee Gambit Rogue Beast - with Iceman and Angel gone
Revival 97 : Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Jubilee Gambit Rogue Beast - adding return of Morph and Bishop - later Forge Kurt Solar Cable

For S2, I would like to see : Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Jubilee Beast Kurt Havok Polaris Forge Bishop Cable
(Rogue takes a break (temporarly))

I have a list of characters I want to see, but no expectations for season 2.

I really wish DeMayo would stop giving “homework” on Twitter. He completely ruined the ending. Instead of it being “holy **** I can’t believe they did that!” It was “oh yeah there it is.”I don’t even follow him on twitter but his little assignments end up on Reddit and elsewhere and it’s annoying.
Stop checking his Twitter maybe?

I think anyone Morph cameoed as is fair game for Season 2 but I especially think/want Psylocke and Angel.

I do think Emma is obvious, though I wonder if she’ll have a romantic affair with Scott or if they’ll subvert expectations.

All I want for season 2 is for Beast to have more to do, add Psylocke to the team, and have the twins reappear to reunite with Papa Magnus.
Maybe Beast goes through his secondary mutation, gets dumped by Trish and starts a love affair with Boston Brand.

Secondarily, should we feel bad for Trish? Or was she prime sentinel'ed against her will? Episode 8 suggests that anti-mutant humans went to Bastion's lab. They didn't know they were becoming prime sentinels, but they did go to Bastion with ill intentions.

Okay. Glad that was cleared up because I couldn't quite figure out from the episode whether they meant civilization would be destroyed or whether his monkeying around with the Earth's magnetic field would leave it completely vulnerable to a solar flare that would destroy life on Earth.

I knew Nightcrawler would appear but didn't expect he'd join the team, so I was thrilled when he did. Iceman and Colossus joining would be perfect.
I'd have both Kitty and Jubilee in the same team for at least one episode so we could end this pointless rivalry between the two, since Kitty is better anyway. :o

But seriously, I would.

And yes to Iceman. I'm sad he's not present for OZT. But we need the gays. Where are the gays?

No gays as of yet, BUT, since it was a point of contention a few pages ago, it's worth mentioning that Rogue referred to Morph as "them" in this latest episode.

Would now be a bad time to mention that Beast once did this after he was dumped by Trish Tilby in the X-Men run this season has loosely adapted parts from?

New-X-Men-125-Beast-Claims-Hes-Gay.jpg

This subplot hasn't aged well at all.

There was no reason for this episode to be just 30 mins.

I wish DeMayo was more of the lead writer this episode and it was just a few mins longer.

However, as I've said. Emi's visual eye is just next level. The images she creates in the episodes she directs are just iconic.

IMHO we're getting significantly longer episodes than the 1990s show, so I'm cool with it overall.

Season 2 I would like to see roster expanded to colossus banshee iceman and psylocke also wouldn’t mind seeing Emma in a smaller role and hopefully s3 we see her on the roster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"