X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

I noticed in the opening credits during the scene where the X-Men are running from left to right, they have replaced Gambit with Nightcrawler. Also I guess Nightcrawler is going to be joining the team since he is now in the opening credits despite not even being in this episode

I'll admit I was slightly lost with the space stuff this episode. I haven't read the comics, just seen the various X-Men cartoons and films, so I had no clue who half the characters are. Lilandra and the purple guy were in the original animated series but I didn't recognise any of the others. I only knew who Ronan was because of the GotG films and they said his name otherwise he would've just been "generic bad guy with an actual name"

I'm guessing timeline wise, both the Storm and Xavier events in this episode were running parallel to the Genosha events of last episode so now all storylines are at the same point now post- Genosha massacre.

Points for the Gambit cameo. Maybe a possible hint that he might be brought back further down the line and is just retired from the game for now?

Good follow-up episode and a somewhat nice breather before we get back into the post-Genosha devastation.

Storm's Sailor Moon-esque transformation was baller and it was nice to see Xavier back. Not sure if we needed to know about his sex life though. :funny:

In regards to the vision he had, it does seem to point to Magneto being alive, and potential foreshadowing for Gambit to return as Death.

Though I'm not sure I'm fully onboard with Sinister being the mastermind behind the massacre. Seems underwhelming to me when it looked like they were setting up Bastion for that part.

I am not surprised. Sinister makes sense. He is one of the very few who could create something that cures mutation given his background. It also connects all the various threads, from the enhanced Friends of Humanity and Sentinels to Mady and Cable, etc. It's a logical move.

I suppose, though there's still a chance Bastion could be part of it. They showed quite a few Nimrod clips in this episode's intro so we'll see what happens.

Yeah I think Bastion is definitely involved somehow
You don't show a photo of him standing next to Forge for no reason

Plus the title of the final episodes may indicate they're mashing together a few different stories

After last week's doom and gloom...

It was pretty empowering and very cool to see Storm regain her powers and rock her OG costume.

AND THANK GOD NO MORE MOHAWK.
YESSSSSS return of the hair was a gift lol.

They really did a good job of interweaving Charles and Ororos stories both leading to finding out about Genosha. I was not prepared for “THEY WERE MAKING LOVE!” tho lol.

Seeing Vulcan is cool but I wonder if that’s as far as it will go with him. They haven’t even touched on Alex and Scott being brothers have they?

Yeah I think Bastion is definitely involved somehow
You don't show a photo of him standing next to Forge for no reason

Plus the title of the final episodes may indicate they're mashing together a few different stories
he was in last week episode too

The intros continue to hint at the direction, and Sinister has been looming in the intro since episode 1.

The new shots of Nimrod are curious, aren’t they?

And all the Phoenix stuff. How are they bringing her back?

My predictions for next weeks intro:

Storm finally back with her new costume.
Xavier back, and maybe in the first slot like Magneto was?

The intros continue to hint at the direction, and Sinister has been looming in the intro since episode 1.

The new shots of Nimrod are curious, aren’t they?

And all the Phoenix stuff. How are they bringing her back?

My predictions for next weeks intro:

Storm finally back with her new costume.
Xavier back, and maybe in the first slot like Magneto was?

feel like that happens in episode 8 they gotta go back to ny first imo

That was a lot of fun and some much needed fist pumping moments after last weeks heartbreaker.

Seeing Storm and Charles return is a nice build up for the run to the end of the series and just what the X-Men need as well potentially. That class room scene though at the end was pretty brutal again though.

Just feels like such a long wait till next week again but damn if Im not pumped for it now.

I thought they did a great job balancing two completely different storylines one episode. Obviously, everything was going to come together in the end and when it did It was pretty satisfying IMO.

Everyone has already stated all the awesome stuff that went down in this episode, but the Xavier stuff really took me by surprise, and I could honestly watch a whole cosmic focused X-Men show.

The worldbuilding in this show is really something else and I'm definitely hoping we get stuff like that in live action one of these days, especially after seeing Ronan the Accuser and the Kree thrown in there.

Also, Storm in that costume was everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"