X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Like or dislike of Morph aside, can we use the proper pronouns when talking about them, please? I get that it’s a relatively new development for the character and can be hard to remember sometimes and easy to mess up if you’re not thinking about it, but it just kind of irks me when people repeatedly don’t refer to any character/person by their preferred terms and misgender them, whether intentional or not. It’s just plain disrespectful.

Morph is officially and canonically non-binary, thus referred to by they/them pronouns, and we should refer to them as such.
Sorry. I'm used to the original 1992 series where Morph is explicitly referred to using male pronouns. It takes some time to get used to a change like that, especially since this is the same continuity. I apologize.

Magneto, Nightcrawler, Forge are actually X-Men staples.

Morph isn't. Like I said before, there are literally 50 more important characters from the X-Men mythos that deserve this platform more than someone like Morph. Upgrading him to a regular/intro status, is similar to Spyke's inclusion in X-Men Evolution. :xmen:

Morph has been part of this series since the original. Just because the character isnt a staple in the comics doesnt mean they have to be erased from this series.

THis isnt the ONLY animated series we've gotten for X-Men

I would like to see new long-term teammates in future seasons, specifically Colossus and Maggot. Always thought Maggot was underrated.
Colossus, Iceman, Psylocke for me please.

I'd like all the quirky characters to get screen time where possible too. Maybe we'll even see Beak one day if this show goes on long enough. :D

I'd like all the quirky characters to get screen time where possible too. Maybe we'll even see Beak one day if this show goes on long enough. :D

I think there's a lot they could do with Psylocke and build off her earlier brief appearances. And since Angel is still alive, they could continue exploring that relationship.

I think something drastic would have to happen to get Iceman back in the fold. When we last saw him, seems like he wasn't interested in fighting or joining a team at all. Maybe helping find the X-Men could be what inspires him to help?

Also, Kitty Pryde, who was visually referenced at least. Maybe Emma Frost is going to turn over a new leaf now that she went through what happened in Genosha as well.

Makes me wonder if Cable or Forge are going to form new teams while the X-Men are "gone." Or if they quickly get the X-Men back to the present in a couple of episodes.

I think there's a lot they could do with Psylocke and build off her earlier brief appearances. And since Angel is still alive, they could continue exploring that relationship.

I think something drastic would have to happen to get Iceman back in the fold. When we last saw him, seems like he wasn't interested in fighting or joining a team at all. Maybe helping find the X-Men could be what inspires him to help?

Nah, Betsy needs to start collection Summers like infinity stones.

Morph has been part of this series since the original. Just because the character isnt a staple in the comics doesnt mean they have to be erased from this series.

THis isnt the ONLY animated series we've gotten for X-Men
I didn't say anything about being erased. If Morph only had shown up in few episodes, I wouldn't have complained. They were a guest character in the original series for so long and they should have kept it that way, for X-Men '97.

And like I've pointed out, there are a lot more deserving characters that should be in this platform.

If Morph wasn't a regular in the first season, I doubt they would be in a lot of people's season 2 wish list especially compare to actual X-Men staples like Colossus, Iceman, Psylocke, Angel, Shadowcat, Forge and Emma.

Nah, Betsy needs to start collection Summers like infinity stones.

Well Vulcan is a no go because he's in space with his future girlfriend/queen Deathbird. We still don't know what happened to Alex and Lorna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"