X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Wish Jean & Cyclops were wearing something different but we're very much in nitpick territory here.

DeMayo mentioned Pryde of the X-Men as a homework.

@Shinobi Shaw
maria-eduarda-anivers%C3%A1rio.gif

Everyone looks amazing except for Scott and Jean, but as BobJM said, that’s just me nitpicking. It truly doesn’t matter lol.

Lol it’s funny that the mannequins have wigs.

Seems like Roberto will have a falling out with Jubilee too; I’m guessing he tries to go back to living in the closet, so to speak? Or maybe it’s revealed Roberto’s family money is tied up in OZT.

Everyone looks amazing except for Scott and Jean, but as BobJM said, that’s just me nitpicking. It truly doesn’t matter lol.
That's Cyclops and Marvel Girl. :o

It still bothers me that Jean doesn't have a codename. 😆

Who else is watching live?

10/10.

Can’t wait to see how this all plays out.

They’re really teasing that Jean Grey death though…I wonder if it’s a red herring. Rogue even called it out.

Xavier’s about to cut loose on Magneto in the finale. Cue Onslaught next season. We got a nice Hulk cameo; no way we’re not seeing the Avengers next season. A war against the Avengers could be the thing that snaps Xavier & forces the two teams to work together.

Loved the Rogue turn; I wonder where she goes after this season.

X-Men 97 Tolerance is Extinction Pt 2.... there's so much going on. Whoever doubted Cal Dodd throughout the season... you were wrong.

10/10.

Can’t wait to see how this all plays out.

They’re really teasing that Jean Grey death though…I wonder if it’s a red herring. Rogue even called it out.

Xavier’s about to cut loose on Magneto in the finale. Cue Onslaught next season. We got a nice Hulk cameo; no way we’re not seeing the Avengers next season. A war against the Avengers could be the thing that snaps Xavier & forces the two teams to work together.

Loved the Rogue turn; I wonder where she goes after this season.

I've lost count of the deaths Jean has had in the comics.

How could after all these years Cable have not known that he has a Sinister implant in his head?

I have no words. Another stellar episode. And the show is already trending, AGAIN.

Besides the obvious with Wolverine, Rogue going IN on her teammates left me WEAAAAAK. Ororo starts that family talk and she goes “You was GONE, gal!”

IMG_0225.gif

Can’t wait to see how this all ends and how they leave us hanging next week.

I've said I was wrong about my reservations leading up to release a few times, but it's honestly amazing to see this show become must-see appointment television. Honestly, I've never been the biggest fan of the X-Men animated content. There's a lot of fun to be had and I've enjoyed TAS and Evolution, but IMO it never captured the full breadth of the comics until now. Fingers crossed they can keep this level of quality going in the seasons to come.

Interesting Magneto resurrected Asteroid M, to fulfill his dream. Upon Charles dream falling to the wayside. This episode felt like a continuation of the Sanctuary story mixed with pryde of The X-Men .

I can’t say I’m surprised by Rogue choice to side with Magnus, she still grieving over Gambits death and now she blames both the X-Men and Xavier for it.

I feel like Roberto switched was just to cause conflict with Jubilee. No real convection.

Holy smokes I didn’t expect Wolverine to stab Magneto only for him to get his adamantium ripped out of his body. That’s a direct reference to the comic fatal attraction.

Loved the Hulk cameo even tho it was simply Morph.

The finale of Season One is definitely going to have major repercussions on the team, it probably split them apart. While planting seeds for season two stories like Onslaught, Avengers vs X-Men, Redemption etc…

I definitely think we are getting Onslaught next season. Onslaught may even end up being a cause for the eventual AvX as opposed to the Phoenix Force.

I am not convinced Jean is dead as of now. I think that's a red herring. Bone Claw Wolverine I sort of saw coming.

It's a great penultimate episode. Cannot wait for the finale!

200w.gif

Another great episode!

All the fighting was so good! I think my only qualm about the episode was that Storm didnt get any cool/OMG power scenes.

There is just something about seeing teams fighting each other that...idk...for me, never gets old. Esp when done right.

Magneto was absolutely terrifying this episode which shows how great a villain he can be. I'm both on his side and not.

I really wish that Jubilee would be able to get a slight power upgrade...fireworks can do a lot of damage. Let her do some good damage.

Episode 9 was awesome. Loved the ending.

I liked the brown suit for Wolverine and I didn't even mind the throwback '70s suit for Cyclops but the Marvel Girl outfit is a huge downgrade. BTW, did Scott and Jean's regular suits get damaged in the previous episode to warrant the costume changes? I know Logan did but I can't remember if theirs did too.

I really wish that Jubilee would be able to get a slight power upgrade...fireworks can do a lot of damage. Let her do some good damage.
I did enjoy her trying to fly with her powers last week
So many powers grant flight, often for silly reasons, that I could buy it. Most fireworks are basically rockets so why not

Lol Storm loves giving her long-winded emotional speeches. I feel like we got three of them this week--one at the mansion before the team departed, one to Jean on the X-Jet, and then again during the finale.

Splitting the X-Men into Blue & Gold was great; I can't remember if that was ever name-dropped in the original series.

BLUE: Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Professor X
GOLD: Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Morph, Forge, Cable

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time with both Cyclops and Jean--I kept getting the feeling that the writers were going to subvert expectations and kill Cyclops instead of Jean, especially after Rogue essentially hangs a lampshade on the idea of Jean dying & resurrecting. Leaving the episode on a cliffhanger with Cable vs. Jean makes the wait to next week even worse for me lol. I wonder how that will play out...

So it's theory time...

- Xavier goes off & mind wipes Magneto in retaliation. Magneto will be confined in a plastic prison.
- The Phoenix reemerges and Jean sacrifices herself to save the world. She'll tell Scott to move on, echoing Professor X's words to him from the beginning of this episode
- Cyclops will leave the team (maybe go home to Alaska), setting him for a more militant turn in S2
- Storm will become the new headmistress at the re-opened X-Mansion (maybe renamed as the Jean Grey institute)
- Xavier will leave, his dream in shambles.

So much great stuff in this episode from the costumes to the team being split in two. I hope to see more of that in the future because it adds such an interesting dynamic especially with Magnus as the lead.

Loved how dark and serious stuff got towards the end with that battle. Magento and Xavier's back and forth will never get old IMO and I never expected to see Logan's claws actually penetrate his body.

Morph randomly turning into Hulk was pretty cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"