X-Men Lite?

They should have a X-men crossover like Hiro meets a hero who has the ability to make dreams seem real and Hiro has a dream that he and everyone joins the X-men.

Wasn't necessarily a big fan of the X-Men in the first place. I continue to cringe whenever I hear someone compare "Heroes" to Marvel's mutants. They may have there similarities, but the story is different (somewhat), the villian's motive(s) is/are different, etc. I prefer this to X-Men. While I like a couple of those mutants, I don't care for the entire team. The only one I should see die and come back is Wolverine. When you die, stay dead! "Heroes" is unique in its own right and is in no way a rip off of the X-Men. I don't see any Sentinels showing up in season 2...

This show clearly has an inspiration from X-men and thats okay...its not a bad thing. And for people saying that these charecter aren't mutants...yes they are :dry:...they may not be what the marvel universe concidered mutants but they really are...they mutated and have superpowers. The mutation doesn't necessarily have to take place at birth it can be anytime.

They are mutants in terms of real life, but not in terms of Marvel Comics.

I still don't see any 'big' X-Men influences, beyond evolutiony powers IF Heroes actually is a result of evolution, which has yet to be shown on the show.

I think a lot of the things that people are claiming to be X-Men-like are actually things that X-Men copied from somewhere else that they just don't know about.

They are mutants in terms of real life, but not in terms of Marvel Comics.

I still don't see any 'big' X-Men influences, beyond evolutiony powers IF Heroes actually is a result of evolution, which has yet to be shown on the show.
how can you possible say that when the entire series opened with a monologue on evolution by Mohinder, Dr. Suresh's book titled "Activating Evolution," and the DNA/RNA helix that appears throughout the series?

Because my powers of forgetfulness are ummatched.

But keep in mind, while DNA has something to do with it, I'm not sure the solar eclipses are completely innocent. I don't think anyone should be.

Because my powers of forgetfulness are ummatched.

But keep in mind, while DNA has something to do with it, I'm not sure the solar eclipses are completely innocent. I don't think anyone should be.
the eclipses aren't innocent. they are the catalyst, the trigger.

Hehe. When I was watching the show I liked to compare the powers/characters to the Marvel ones.

Claire = Wolverine
Peter = Rogue
Niki = Hulk
Micah = Forge (kinda)
DL = Kitty
Ted Sprague = Chamber (though their powers ain't really the same, he just kinda reminded me of Chamber)
Hiro = Nightcrawler

Hehe. When I was watching the show I liked to compare the powers/characters to the Marvel ones.

Claire = Wolverine
Peter = Rogue
Niki = Hulk
Micah = Forge (kinda)
DL = Kitty
Ted Sprague = Chamber (though their powers ain't really the same, he just kinda reminded me of Chamber)
Hiro = Nightcrawler

Peter - Mimic
Niki - Phoenix-ish

I think that the eclipse is a trigger or their powers, i don't know whether an eclipse gves offf a particlar type of sun rays but if it does then those rays could cause a reaction within a potential 'heroes' dna/rna, thus activating their powers,...just a theory. oh and btw i think that Niki is more like Typhoid Mary.

I also have a theory that her multiple personality was in fact her dead sis' Jessica but who astral projected into her body. probly not the case but still.

and with regards to kane i think he was some guy (probly english) her was in japan for some reason and they belived him to be an excellent fighter, and the eclipse that is seen at the end of season 1 triggers kanes power. mube he's got similar anatomy to a cockroach so he can survive for ages and maybe communicate with them after training.

With regards to the Haitan, I think that he has the power to erase memories and touching some1's head can remove memories permenantley annd after practice he can temporarily erase peoples memory of how to access/control their powers without need to touch them.

lol just THEORIES remember, don't be afraid to criticise,:woot:

Peter - Mimic
Niki - Phoenix-ish
i think niki more as hulk because of strength but peter and mimic are more like it i like peter but one thing i think would be better for his power is if he was more like mimic and couldn't get the full potential of the power...but he still is cool...but hiro is the best :woot: :oldrazz: except i dont think he is like nightcrawler nightcrawlers teleportation is diffrent when hiro teleported a lot in the last episode what i liked what they did was show time pass by nightcrawler its a little diffrent it happens immediatley

i love all your thories i really like the haitian one thats a very unique idea and sun rays is great too and the niki one thats what i was hoping it would be becuase i think it would be cool to see her have 2 diffrent powers and switch off when ever she needed a certain power and i think it would be neat if kane was i forget hiro's swords past owners name you know tha ancient japanese guy oh wait kensi or something but i think that would be cool if he was kane and changed his name or something or if kensi was hiros dad i just cant wiat to see i wish heroes started now
I think that the eclipse is a trigger or their powers, i don't know whether an eclipse gves offf a particlar type of sun rays but if it does then those rays could cause a reaction within a potential 'heroes' dna/rna, thus activating their powers,...just a theory. oh and btw i think that Niki is more like Typhoid Mary.

I also have a theory that her multiple personality was in fact her dead sis' Jessica but who astral projected into her body. probly not the case but still.

and with regards to kane i think he was some guy (probly english) her was in japan for some reason and they belived him to be an excellent fighter, and the eclipse that is seen at the end of season 1 triggers kanes power. mube he's got similar anatomy to a cockroach so he can survive for ages and maybe communicate with them after training.

With regards to the Haitan, I think that he has the power to erase memories and touching some1's head can remove memories permenantley annd after practice he can temporarily erase peoples memory of how to access/control their powers without need to touch them.

lol just THEORIES remember, don't be afraid to criticise,:woot:

Anyone else getting that vibe from this show?

The general concept of the show seems OK, but a lot of the plot synopsis and exerpts I've seen, seem to me that it's a little too much like a watered down version of X-Men with less interesting super powers....Obviously, these people develop their powers all of a sudden vs. being born that way...

Can network TV really embrace a full-fledged super hero show?

Hasn't this topic been discussed already?

It's impossible to deny that there's not very obvious comparisons between the two.

Also:
I do remember reading somewhere that in season 2 we will see a couple of characters fully embrace their powers (vigilante or public figures???) and that might lead to 'costumes' I guess. Alhtough I suppose you could say that some already have a costume (Clair - cheerleader outfit etc.) Could work.

Do you know what - I would love for Heroes to be received in an absolutely, unexpected, but understandable direction that parallels the public sentiment of the real world.

We have both documented and hearsay testimonies of psychokinesis, telekinesis, prognostication, astral projection, all that 'strange and off-the-wall stuff out there' and so forth... with variegated, spectacular and modest degrees of success.

But for the most part, for the majority not particularly well-developed in those areas, we have viewed them with skepticism, intrigue and awe when one regards myth, folklore or rumour.

A highly publicised website or media outlet claims a Japanese office worker disappears one minute, and appears in another place the next. An artist who can predict the future with his paintbrush. A Texan cheerleader clinically dead and incised open down the chest seems to be the same person walking around safe and alive at school.

A debate begins. Let's see how fast a wildfire can spread...

In short, it would further set apart Heroes from the unfortunate associations often so banded about and attached to it. And face it - it would deepen and twist and entice the mythos, nuances and fantasies as a tree sprouting multiple branches would that Heroes is already reowned for: it's only the beginning.

I say this because some people, whom I always reckon just lack imagination and pluck, incorrectly surmise that Heroes has a limited timepsan, and that the think tank is short on fuel.

You're only as good as your work, mate, not the other way around. And even then more than good: the sky being the limit and all as wont the popular aphorism.

Benefit of the doubt wouldn't be too much to ask.

On another topic - I also dislike the misuse of the term mutant, because that's an opinion and a matter of appropriate context (I hope someone of equal sound mind would elaborate on this because it's a discussion for another time), as well as oft-comparison in abilities between counterparts. That is, Hiro is like Nightcrawler. The former's is affected by and affects time, while the latter moves in a more linear fashion, and subsequently more limited in proximity and scope.

I mean, if you have to do that, might as well say that Jessica is like Superman just based on principle of sheer superstrength. Not application, if you'll notice the difference.

And while I'm at it though: I want a male, masculine, gay, attached and regular hero on the show!

Because I'd be just writing him myself. :p

Better than X-Men and more influences from Rising Stars which is also better than X-Men.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"