X-Men = Dragonball Z?!?!

bulok said:
Haven't read any X-Men since the late 80s early 90s, but I have been looking at "characters" lately and it seems like X-Men is more and more like DBZ. With each now character "more powerful" than the other.

One goes from a mutant, to an "omega mutant" much like a Saiyan and Super Saiyan. I mean wtf. Just way too twinky for me. I guess this new generation of comic readers just want bigger badder-ass characters.

PS: Vulcan is a twink. He should hook up with the Phoenix. :down:down:down

You can't become an Omega Mutant. You either are one or you aren't. Omega Mutants are basically the ones with major, world shaking powers, and they are incredibly rare (I think there are about ten in the whole MU).

yeah, kinda in general. The only anime i'll watch is gundam(No crappy, makes eyes wanna bleed SEED) but the original Gundam. and Robotech and Transformers. I like giant robots apparently. I used to be into anime when i was a kid, like 14 or 15, but now it's kinda mundane. what really changed me was comic books actually. I'd rather be a comic book nerd, than be the guy in Barnes and Nobles with thick-rimmed classes and a pikachu backpack who's waiting for the next Yu-Gi-Oh book to come out.

Guyverjay said:
I don't know what widdle means, sorry:(

Also I really don't see how my comic knowledge has any relevence either

Call me Confused

But you knows its true, I used to have this very same argument with a guy in school when he said Wolvie was better than Spider-man

Wolvie:rarrrrrghhh

2 seconds later

Wolvie: arrrghhhh

Rinse repeat

Yeah, I can see that you ARE confused. BTW, bashing Wolverine (or the X-Men, for that matter) doesn't have the same effect on me as apparently making fun of DBZ does on you.

I've watched most of the DBZ episodes, some of the original DB and very little of DBGT. I've thumbed through a few of the mangas. I made fun of something that's true of the anime, you made fun soemthing that's true of the comics, so what? I even went along with what you were saying but you failed to grasp it, that's ok too. My problem isn't with people that watch/like/read DBZ, it's with the people that make dumb threads bashing one thing over another in an ignorant manner.

SpeedballLives said:
yeah, kinda in general. The only anime i'll watch is gundam(No crappy, makes eyes wanna bleed SEED) but the original Gundam. and Robotech and Transformers. I like giant robots apparently. I used to be into anime when i was a kid, like 14 or 15, but now it's kinda mundane. what really changed me was comic books actually. I'd rather be a comic book nerd, than be the guy in Barnes and Nobles with thick-rimmed classes and a pikachu backpack who's waiting for the next Yu-Gi-Oh book to come out.

So your only contact with anime are the ones that get 'ported over to the US and dubbed or have you seen subbed stuff that never made it to the US?

yeah, that's all i've seen. and i can't stand listening to japanese. it drives me nuts. I hate subbed stuff to, cause it takes away from what's important.

Well, uh, I guess that cover almost any chance of you actually finding something that you'd be willing to try. Have you seen 'Spirited Away'? Disney picked it up and was even released in theaters. I thought it was going to be a cutesy story and a way for Disney to try and open up the market for anime in the US; I saw it a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how good it was.

In regards to mangas I know there's a much bigger variety on translated material than what there is in regards to good (IMO) anime. Though if you're into American style comics I know there are a lot of stylistic differences that make it unappealing for someone who's just into one kind of thing. Most if not all great animes come out of mangas and one could have led you to the other.

SpeedballLives said:
oh Speedball, you poor, poor soul. If you think Yu-Gi-Oh is an example of typical anime, you've been unfortunately mislead :(

Watch this, it's the first episode of Cowboy Bebop, it'll open your eyes:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mSK-TrmrgXQ&search=cowboy bebop episode

Wait, I like Cowboy Bebop. that's really about it.

nah, i tried to watch it, it's kinda boring.

no, wish Gundam would come back. i never got to see the whole thing. I wish it would take Bo-bo-whatever place.

I wish Gundam Wing, G Gundam, DBZ reruns, YuYu Hakusho, etc. would just come back and replace just about every show on Toonami, just like the old days when Toonami was great and you couldn't miss a day of it.

G Gundam was my favorite. I'm probably the only one who will ever say that.
If Transformers the movie is big, i hope Gundam or Robotech is next.

BTW on my earlier post didn't mean to imply I don't like anime, because I do. Been watching animes since I was 5 (23 now), me and all my friends used to swap and record animes off eachother. Heck I still download fansubs now.

Tropico said:
Yeah, I can see that you ARE confused. BTW, bashing Wolverine (or the X-Men, for that matter) doesn't have the same effect on me as apparently making fun of DBZ does on you.

I've watched most of the DBZ episodes, some of the original DB and very little of DBGT. I've thumbed through a few of the mangas. I made fun of something that's true of the anime, you made fun soemthing that's true of the comics, so what? I even went along with what you were saying but you failed to grasp it, that's ok too. My problem isn't with people that watch/like/read DBZ, it's with the people that make dumb threads bashing one thing over another in an ignorant manner.

Again call me confused since I'm not going for an "effect", unlike you I didn't resort to anything aimed at your person (like your "widdle DBZ feelings" jibe).

I've yet to actually mention Dragonball:confused:

I was talking about the 90s toon not the comic, so if anyone is failing to grasp something around here , it would be you.

You only went on this mini rant because it was me (seems I do have an "effect" after all), anyone else with the same comment and you would have probaly reacted differently

You're making my comment into far more than was intended, don't take everything so seriously:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"