X-Men Lite?

the show doesnt really interest me. the show can possibly go the way of the tick.

the show Mutant X got sued by Marvel, bigtime, right>?

xii22_loop said:
the show Mutant X got sued by Marvel, bigtime, right>?

No it was Fox that tried to sue the makers of Mutant X.

I thought it was an x men ripoff until i heard their powers come from an eclipse heh.

HOWEVER, the commercial said mankind is evolving.... theyre definitely taking cues from it. That annoyed me a bit.

XCharlieX said:
I thought it was an x men ripoff until i heard their powers come from an eclipse heh.

HOWEVER, the commercial said mankind is evolving.... theyre definitely taking cues from it. That annoyed me a bit.
X-men don't own the exclusive rights to the scientific phenomenon of evolution, dude. It's a perfectly good explanation for superpowers.

Unbreakable subtly used such an explanation, and it didn't get sued.

it's not as simplistic an explanation as "evolution".

in the beggining of the pilot, it's explained that us humans only use 10% of our brains, and that if only we could tap into that other 90%, we could develop such powers as flight, teleportation, etc.

and later, the indian scientist, whose father came up with the theory, finds his father's place completely rummaged(sp?), and takes a few files with labels indicating each of the powers we see. so there's definitely something else there.

AnimeJune said:
X-men don't own the exclusive rights to the scientific phenomenon of evolution, dude. It's a perfectly good explanation for superpowers.

Still yet, x - men is the juggernaut that has that covered for the most part. All i know is that commercial sounded like it couldve been x-men the series. Not sure about the actual plot details.

Unbreakable was pretty good.

XCharlieX said:
Still yet, x - men is the juggernaut that has that covered for the most part.
I thought it was the other way around. :D

X-men's been the most popular media use of evolution, still doesn't mean it owns it or that other people who use it are ripping it off.

Well ive seen some interviews from the cast on access hollywood.

If its not directed toward x men its directed toward folks who dislike action films of the nature.

i honestly don't think this show is going to get passed its first season. the premise sucks, because its unoriginal. and yes its very x men like. if anything this show is more of a ripoff of rising stars.

i'll be taping it tonight
i hope the series will las a season at least

GoldenAgeHero said:
i honestly don't think this show is going to get passed its first season. the premise sucks, because its unoriginal. and yes its very x men like. if anything this show is more of a ripoff of rising stars.

:whatever: is all I can say to that.

GoldenAgeHero said:
^^nice informative opinion.

you weren't the first to come to this ridiculous conclusion, so I've explained this before: the concept is WAY too broad to be called a rip-off.

So, if anybody ever makes a show about people having superpowers it's an X-Men rip-off? Did Stan Lee invent the concept of superpowers?

I'm kinda interested in the show, want to see where it goes.

JackBauer said:
you weren't the first to come to this ridiculous conclusion, so I've explained this before: the concept is WAY too broad to be called a rip-off.

have you read rising stars? read that and come back to me.

Well, I saw the pilot, and I've seen the promo commericals for upcoming episodes, and it looks like it's seriously deviating from the X-Men idea. The X-men dealt squarely with evolution, and not with fate or predestination - as this show is evidently doing.

So we have the evolution aspect, but we also have a cool supernatural mystery. Besides - the stripper's power seems more magical than scientific to me.

GoldenAgeHero said:
have you read rising stars? read that and come back to me.

actually, I have, smartass. it's much more comparable to The 4400 than to Heroes, that's a FACT.

This show is better than the X-films anyways,who cares.

If anything,I see this series as Rising Stars lite.For anyone who has read that terrific series,they'd see the similarities.

Well it certainly is better than X men 3.

Looks like someone was WRONG!!!!

Seriously, fantastic show, regardless of it's not-so-original concept. Who cares, really? Can anyone come up with a good idea anymore? It's the execution that matters, and Heroes does that excellently. Good stories, good characters, good writing and acting.

Besides, name one X-Men character who's half as cool as Mr. Bennet.

I was getting some X-Men vibes from the comments Sylar kept making about people with powers being in conflict with those without abilities, but I'd hardly call the show X-Men Lite. The X-men has always dealt more with fighting some kind of opression, while Heroes is just about people suddenly getting powers and the shenanigans that ensue. Nothing about this show is original, at all, but that doesn't make it crap either. It's come at just the right time because superhero shows aren't as common as say, a drama based around doctors, and that's just made the experience fresher. Mr. Bauer's right in that it's more like 4400.

Definetly Heroes has big X-men influences, but as others has said, I don't matter. This series is amazing, love the relationship between characters, much much better than the xfilms, like someone has said.

I'd wish the x-men had a series as good as this one day... who knows.... maybe in a few years they decide to do it.

Anyway, congrats to Heroes team, well done work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"