• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men Movie Trilogy vs X-Men: TAS

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Which version of the X-Men did you like more, the original cartoon, or the movies?

I haven't seen every episode of the cartoon. I've seen alot of them though.

Movies.:up:

I've seen all the movies, and have all the epsiods of X-Men TAS, I would X-Men Tas owns the movies, badly.

The Pheonix Saga was done so much better in the Toon, though I guess it is hard to compare the two for obvious reasons...

The movies.

The show pretty much ****ed up Angel turning into Apocalypse's Horsemen. I didn't expect a suicide attempt, but him wanting to get cured was the polar opposite of his character.

dammit tough choice... singer's movies are very good and x3 did beast perfectly...but

Because Rogue and Gambit are great in teh cartoon. rogue's not much like herself in the movies and gambit, well you know. and cyclops isn't thrown out like a dirty piece of trash on the show, I'll choose it.

I voted TAS, but you know what? At least they went out on a high note! TAS fizzled into mega-sucky-dom!!! It's a toss-up, individual decision here.

Prognosticator said:
I voted TAS, but you know what? At least they went out on a high note! .

*SPOILERS!*

So you consider Graduation Day with Xavier dying a high note? :confused:

Good question. I think you should be more specific. TAS (first four seasons). Yeah, that works.

TAS were like comic book pg rated cliff notes.

Movies = The Wolverine Show: Guest Starring Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey, a little bit of watered down Rouge...and the others. Although I have to admit Ian's portrayal of Mags is perfect! The TAS and Evo versions were good, but not perfect.

But since X-men is about a GROUP of people my vote goes to TAS.

TAS hands down.

it wasnt perfect, but god knows they made less mistakes than the movies did.

The films, easily. Whilst I've watched TAS, and enjoyed it, it stuck far too rigidly to the comics. It had no life of its own.

Thinking about it now, TAS is better than the movies in my eyes. But I still hate the Angel-Horsemen arc that they so wrecklessly ruined.

TAS all the way baby.
For a few simple but effective reasons

"De names gambit....remember it", Gambit was a pimp! The voice acting on the characters kicked ass.

They had Cable!!!

The storys, the action. It rocked.
I just cant beleive they havent brought out a new animated series that was like the original (i like evolution, but it could have been better). Or even a freaking dvd set.

Original cartoons, because they had more story to tell and weren't complicated by real world things.

:cool:

Warhammer said:
Original cartoons, because they had more story to tell and weren't complicated by real world things.

:cool:
lol!!...

TheBlueMcCoy82 said:
*SPOILERS!*

So you consider Graduation Day with Xavier dying a high note? :confused:

I'm refering to the movie as a whole, as apposed to a Jubilee one-shot squaring off against the smurfs or whatever stupidsh#$ happened at the end...Wolverine in the 18th Century or something weird. I did see them but i've partially blocked it out.

To be fair you can't compare live action to animated, you can do a whole lot more with an animated series since there are really no boundries.

the cartoon had everything in it.

I think a more fair poll would be xmen evolution vs the movies.

The movies for me. The voice acting was just bad in some cases, if It had been up to par with the Batman cartoon then maybe it would be different.

Also, Wolverine doesn't really work well in a kids show. I mean, how interesting can he be if he can't stab people? And they turned him into the 70's version of Wolverine, the physco guy that lept into a fight and got knocked away every time, and then cyclops would just come in and blast the badguy away. It was really annoying to me.

Wesyeed said:
the cartoon had everything in it.

I think a more fair poll would be xmen evolution vs the movies.

Actually a better and fairer poll would be TAS vs. Evolution.

Infinity9999x said:
and then cyclops would just come in and blast the badguy away. It was really annoying to me.
Should have been what happened in the movies:o

:p

Infinity9999x said:
The movies for me. The voice acting was just bad in some cases, if It had been up to par with the Batman cartoon then maybe it would be different.

Also, Wolverine doesn't really work well in a kids show. I mean, how interesting can he be if he can't stab people? And they turned him into the 70's version of Wolverine, the physco guy that lept into a fight and got knocked away every time, and then cyclops would just come in and blast the badguy away. It was really annoying to me.
I rewatched it at 21 once and was sitting there going "ya know, Wolverine is not stabbing anyone:( :down "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"