• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men Movie Trilogy vs X-Men: TAS

The animated series was a god send as a child (besides the last season, but that was just like X3, all about benjamin$)

As much as i hate what they did to Cyke and in X3 un explained answeres and the Phoneix saga done right but there is nothing more exciting and cool then seeing the characters being brought to life in films.

TAS all the way! I liked watching Evolution but it didn't satisfy me the way TAS did.

TAS is the x-men adaptation I prefer b/c it was much closer to the comics. They may not have done everything the same but the direction it went in left me pleased with it. It also didn't just focus on one character and it didn't take itself so darn seriously like the films did.

On TAS I can watch characters like Cyclops, Rogue, Storm, Gambit and many others all the time without getting annoyed whereas in the movies I can't tolerate watching them. The problem was they all got sidelined and screwed up just to give Wolverine all the ****ing attention.

Wolverine I admit is hard to translate in a show and a movie without making it look restricted. If Wolverine and other certain character's comic portrayals had been used in TAS or Evo they would've been restricted like that Spider-Man cartoon on MTV. But they couldn't do that b/c they wanted both cartoons to look appropriate for youngsters. If Wolverine is portrayed to be as vicious and violent as his comic-self in the spin off or a future live TV show than they will definitely be targeted towards older audiences and not kids.

PS Does anyone around here think they should make x-men into a restricted live action TV show? That way while kids are enjoying the cartoons adults can enjoy the live tv show. Don't forget, whatever gets brought to the big screen can also be brought to the small screen. Like Star Wars.

Mistopurr83 said:
TAS all the way! I liked watching Evolution but it didn't satisfy me the way TAS did.

TAS is the x-men adaptation I prefer b/c it was much closer to the comics. They may not have done everything the same but the direction it went in left me pleased with it. It also didn't just focus on one character and it didn't take itself so darn seriously like the films did.

On TAS I can watch characters like Cyclops, Rogue, Storm, Gambit and many others all the time without getting annoyed whereas in the movies I can't tolerate watching them. The problem was they all got sidelined and screwed up just to give Wolverine all the ****ing attention.

Wolverine I admit is hard to translate in a show and a movie without making it look restricted. If Wolverine and other certain character's comic portrayals had been used in TAS or Evo they would've been restricted like that Spider-Man cartoon on MTV. But they couldn't do that b/c they wanted both cartoons to look appropriate for youngsters. If Wolverine is portrayed to be as vicious and violent as his comic-self in the spin off or a future live TV show than they will definitely be targeted towards older audiences and not kids.

PS Does anyone around here think they should make x-men into a restricted live action TV show? That way while kids are enjoying the cartoons adults can enjoy the live tv show. Don't forget, whatever gets brought to the big screen can also be brought to the small screen. Like Star Wars.

You didn't even watch X3, so your vote doesn't count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"