Comics X-men outfits

ciscostudent561

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sorry but they aren't realistic at all. Is this bothering any one else. It's eating at me. I can't even read an x-men comic anymore. :doh:

Gripe 1
Armor/defense
If you aren't Iceman, wolverine, rogue or collosus, you don't have high resistance to physical attacks. Especially ones from the likes of Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Blob etc.. I'm not sayin these guys need to be in knights armor... But something a little heavier without losing mobility... you know like the batsuit in the dark knight... Also I always wanted to give Cyclops a Shield.... he really doesn't use his arm- not against an enemy. Considering this guy has to go toe to toe with ray blasting sentinels a lightweight adamantium captain america-ish like shield would do wonders...

colors
most of the x-men fights are in broad day light in concrete... hmmm why are they in bright easy target blue and yellow? And they usually have the "X" print over a vital organ! Look at storm and Psych they have them on the Heart! I think for the guys with great defense like Wolv, Col and Ice the easy target colors are good cause they'll draw attention away from the "snipers" like Cyke, Jubilee, Gambit. But the "snipers" definetly need to in more camoflauge gear ... if you're going to the savage land ... color coordiante please, if you're going to the streets to stop a raging Bishop from the past color coordinate in like an off white color that matches concrete....

c'mon now... The suits can still be tight and hug their muscles, hamstrings and butts the way you like them too with the neat lil boots but a lil dose of reality wouldn't hurt their cause.

I think you're looking way too much into this. They're superhero comic books originally created to entertain kids, and that's who they ultimately continue to try to hook to become long time fans like the rest of us. Realistically nobody in superhero comic books dresses practically, expect probably Punisher. I can say "Why does Iron Man have to look so flashy with the red and gold paint job?" It's just pleasing to the eye.

And when you're looking at a team as big as the X-Men the different color costumes is sometimes the easiest way to distinguish who's who with many artists. Reading through many of my old X-books when the team is just in street clothes I've confused Bobby Drake for Alex Summers, or Wanda Maiximoff for Jean Grey because the colorist gave them similiar hair. Even this passed year when there were like 50 X-Men with Emma Frost, Dazzler, the Stepford Cuckoos, Magik, Magma, Boom Boom, everybody complained "they need to give all these blonde chicks different costumes because I can't tell who I'm looking at."

And just so that it's noted, the X-Men, along with pretty much every other superhero, have always said that their costumes are made of those special unstable molecules that Mr. Fantastic creats his fabrics from and not just spandex. So their costumes are designed to protect them for blunt forces and projectiles. And the "X" is their badge. "Mutant and proud."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"