Sequels X-Men Prequel?

Dark Knight88

Civilian
Reaction score
How about an X-Men prequel?

It gives more of a chance to some characters who haven't or don't show up in the current series also those who don't get as much screen time.

I'd like to see a prequel have Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Bishop, Colosus.
I know it's not the same whithout Wolverine but having his own spin-off makes sense not to include him.

Give it kinda old school feeling, first real battle between the Brotherhood and the X-Men.

I'd love to see a prequel, I'd use Jean, Storm, Cyclops, and Beast as the main characters with Storm as the new girl, the movie starting with four students who help Xavier realize his dream is possible, even against Magneto and his children, who end up leaving their father's side at the end of the movie.

Not sure I'd use Gambit (just don't like him ) or Bishop (time storyline not needed) or Colossus (supposedly too young) but I do like the idea...

GL1 said:
I'd love to see a prequel, I'd use Jean, Storm, Cyclops, and Beast as the main characters with Storm as the new girl, the movie starting with four students who help Xavier realize his dream is possible, even against Magneto and his children, who end up leaving their father's side at the end of the movie.

Not sure I'd use Gambit (just don't like him ) or Bishop (time storyline not needed) or Colossus (supposedly too young) but I do like the idea...

I like the Magneto/Children part...and Storm as the new girl:up: :up:

Really? Cool... I kinda see her with this real naturalistic (but not primitive) African flavor, everyone expects her to be all tribal/aboriginal and then towards the end of the movie, she start doing exposition in English, though with a heavy (and sexy) accent...

I also had an idea to use Thunderbird, John Proudstar as a team member and martyr character that dies in the climax of the movie, bringing it up to five students. I also played with the idea of Magneto recruiting Havok as well.

Use Jean as this about-business College girl who can do it all but is secretly scared of her own success/power level, and Beast as this well adjusted mutant who kinda loses it when he suddenly gets turned blue... and then Cyclops as this dark tormented high schooler who bursts out into this great leader.

I have scenes where Cyclops is on the ground and some baddie has a gun to his head and is about to pull the trigger, but the hammer won't click and fire... then he turns and looks at Jean, bound and gagged to the wall, realizing it's her...

I also was thinking some time should be spent making sure Quicksilver moves realisitically and not some overexaggerated bullet time... he can't stop on a dime, he doesn't hit top speed instantly... and when he sidesteps or dodges he shouldn't be able to just ignore momentum like in the comic books... that's not his power...

I like the idea of a martyr character, which I think could be one of the reasons that Beast leaves to pursue life outside of the X-Men. I had always thought of using Morph, since it is similar to the cartoon, which most fans are familiar with (and got most of their Xposure- terrible pun- from), but Thunderbird obviously makes a lot of sense to use. I just think they could use Morph as kind of the class clown who sacrifices himself to save the team (also, played by Adam Brody).

The thing though is that it was shown in X1 that Jean, Storm, and Cyclops were Xavier's very first students. Beast would've been too old to be with them at Xavier's school. The thing about having Gambit is that he'll most likely be too young considering when he's introduced, he'll be Rogue's age and Colousus is also too young to be one of his first students considering he's at the school currently.

I love the idea of an X-Men prequel. It will give characters a chance that weren't fleshed out in the past three films (i.e. Cyclops). But, what I don't wanna see is like a really young cast. If I had my way, I'd recast everyone. Famke and Halle look the same as they did in X1, if not better. I see no change in James' appearance. And I can't think of anyone who could play a better Beast or Xavier.

So, here would be my cast

XAVIER - Patrick Stewart
CYCLOPS - James Marsden
JEAN GREY - Famke Janssen
STORM - Halle Berry
BEAST - Kelsey Grammer
HAVOK or THUNDERBIRD

MAGNETO - Ian McKellen
MYSTIQUE - Rebecca Romijn
TOAD - Ray Park
AVALANCHE - ??
MASTERMIND - ??

PLOT SYNOPSIS

In a world where humanity has just recently discovered the existence of a new species, prejudice is everywhere. The public has dubbed these unique evolutionaries as mutants and treat them as outcasts. The newly formed X-Men must protect mutants from a world that will never accept them. To defeat an enemy from the past, the X-Men must make sacrifices and fight for their lives.

GL1 said:
Really? Cool... I kinda see her with this real naturalistic (but not primitive) African flavor, everyone expects her to be all tribal/aboriginal and then towards the end of the movie, she start doing exposition in English, though with a heavy (and sexy) accent...

I also had an idea to use Thunderbird, John Proudstar as a team member and martyr character that dies in the climax of the movie, bringing it up to five students. I also played with the idea of Magneto recruiting Havok as well.

Use Jean as this about-business College girl who can do it all but is secretly scared of her own success/power level, and Beast as this well adjusted mutant who kinda loses it when he suddenly gets turned blue... and then Cyclops as this dark tormented high schooler who bursts out into this great leader.

I have scenes where Cyclops is on the ground and some baddie has a gun to his head and is about to pull the trigger, but the hammer won't click and fire... then he turns and looks at Jean, bound and gagged to the wall, realizing it's her...

I also was thinking some time should be spent making sure Quicksilver moves realisitically and not some overexaggerated bullet time... he can't stop on a dime, he doesn't hit top speed instantly... and when he sidesteps or dodges he shouldn't be able to just ignore momentum like in the comic books... that's not his power...

Those are some great ideas... could be a nice lighter take on the X-men.

These are some pretty good ideas! It would be cool to see how everything got started.

im still a huge fan of in like 6 years go back and rehash the origin to get the characters stories right

It's a pretty ridiculous notion to have the same actors reprise their roles for a prequel. They've all aged, the clear implied history was that Jean, Scott, and Ororo being "some of the first Students" was that they weren't adults when they were students.

The most lookalike actors for each of them would probably be unknown, but if they need semi-known people some who'd work would be:

Chris Pine for Cyclops

chris-pine-001.jpg

Olivia Wilde for Jean Grey

jerryavenaim01.jpg

Jessica Lucas for Storm

jessicalucas80001ri.jpg

i disagree with the jean grey one too bad cause that chicks is incredible hott, but i like like like the cyclops one, when i was thinking of an origin movie i was thinking of him too...i think though the storm girl is alittle short for storm, but whatever really i mean in these movies, the 5'4 wolvierine, is supposibly 3 inches taller then the 6'4 cyclops

BT1B said:
Chris Pine for Cyclops

Olivia Wilde for Jean Grey

Jessica Lucas for Storm

Genious. Great finds, and while Olivia Wilde isn't as spot on as the first two, I'd buy her as college-age mutant.

Jessica Lucas is just beautiful...

Here are my humble offerings

Joseph Ashton for John Proudstar, Thunderbird (a martyr character in my version)

ash2.jpg

James Marsters for Eric Lensherr Magneto

James_Marsters.jpg

I would actually keep Stewart as Xavier, because I think he can pass for forty... and I'd probably have some young up and comers as the villainous til the last moment Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch... with a plot involving nothing short of the "legacy virus"

Some brilliant actor choices in here... the only one i don't like is the Jean Grey one.... The Cyclops and Storm choices are inspired!

Remember that Magneto said in X1 that 'we have made the first move'...this implying that X1 was the first conflict between X-Men and Brotherhood. The X-Men were obviously unfamiliar with the Brotherhood's capabilities and their inexperience is obvious. So any prequel would have to reflect this. It didn't seem to me that the X-men had ever battled Magneto before.

So a prequel couldn't show a battle between the X-Men and Magneto's troops. I asked Zak about the events prior to X1 and he agreed that the X-Men would have been acting as covert operatives dealing with small-scale mutant problems and helping newly-emerging mutants detected via Cerebro.

But there must/might have been an incident that drew mutants to the attention of the Senate. That could be the focus of the story.

There would also be Xavier's 'failure' to help Jason Stryker aka Proteus/Mastermind... as mentioned in X2.

I like the idea of including Thunderbird, of featuring Havok and Polaris helping and then leaving the team....and perhaps also Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch helping Magneto with some kind of covert operation....

i honestly don't like many of them, but whatever

proudstar, and magneto are both at a minimum of 15 years to young(at a minimum) proudstar has a younger brother who is almost as old as the guy you pictured

i think the magneto should be a little more youthfull as well, but not 40

the jean grey girl is hot as hell, but i see her maybe more as a rouge, or Polaris

L0ngsh0t said:
i honestly don't like many of them, but whatever

proudstar, and magneto are both at a minimum of 15 years to young(at a minimum) proudstar has a younger brother who is almost as old as the guy you pictured

i think the magneto should be a little more youthfull as well, but not 40

the jean grey girl is hot as hell, but i see her maybe more as a rouge, or Polaris

But you have to bear in mind the movie timeframe. The flashback to Jean's childhood is in the mid-80s, so she'd join the X-Men in the 1990s, and at that time Magneto would be in his 60s (as he was a child of about 10 in 1944 in the first movie). If anything he'd need to look older, not younger.

Proudstar would have to be a similar age to the other X-Men. Forget the other brother for now.

The important dates:

Magneto is a child in Auschwitz in X1, in 1944. He must be about 10. So he'd have been born in 1934. In X1 he says he first saw the Statue of Liberty in 1949, so he was 15 when he came to America.

As for his physical appearance for his age, you have to bear in mind these are mutants with enhanced physiologies. Magneto's bloodstream and nervous system can make him a living magnet, so his body doesn't behave in the same way as a normal human. In the comics, his powers kept his body together; when Zaladane siphoned off his powers, his body started to fall apart. So maybe movie Magneto is also kept young and energetic by his own power.

On a TV screen shown in X2, it says 2009 (Magneto would be 75) and if X3 takes place shortly after (eight months or so is what Simon said) the events of X2, it would still be 2009 or it could be 2010.

Jean is aged nine in the 1985 flashback sequence to be seen in X3, so she was born in 1976 and would be 33 in 2009 when X2 took place. In X3 she'd be 33 or 34.

As I've stated before, James Marsters face looks about 80 percent closer to a young Patrick Stewart than a young Ian McKellan. He doesn't have to play either of their characters, as he really doesn't seem to be staking out a movie career, but if he were going to, it shouldn't be for Magneto. Not only does his facial structure match Stewarts in almost every feature aside from their nose curves, it would be far more interesting for Marsters, as an actor, to play a straight-up good guy instead of yet another genre baddie. People seem incapable of imagining anyone for a young Xavier who isn't already bald, which is a pretty sad indictment of your mental scope.

And to the person saying they think X-Men established the notion that the team had never faught Magneto before the events of it, I'm afraid that's very unlikely. "Made the first move" is probably just adressing their current skirmish. Just as in the comics the 2 opposing sides often had long stretches of a shakey truce and it just seems logical that the same thing would have taken place in the movieverses prehistory as well.

BT18 said:
And to the person saying they think X-Men established the notion that the team had never faught Magneto before the events of it, I'm afraid that's very unlikely. "Made the first move" is probably just adressing their current skirmish. Just as in the comics the 2 opposing sides often had long stretches of a shakey truce and it just seems logical that the same thing would have taken place in the movieverses prehistory as well.

Do you think so? Given their utter inexperience in the battle scenes of X1, It looked very much like they hadn't really been in a serious combat before, despite their uniforms, jet and underground base. I'd like to think they and the Brotherhood had been up against each other before, but they were so out-of-their-depth against Magneto - and Xavier was unaware that Magneto was using a helmet to block psychic attack until the train station sequence.

BT18 said:
People seem incapable of imagining anyone for a young Xavier who isn't already bald, which is a pretty sad indictment of your mental scope.

Well exCUUUSE me. :) Yeah, I don't imagine people bald... is that so wrong? If you prick me, will I not bleed? Good call on Marsters as Xavier... that could be fun.

X-Maniac said:
Do you think so? Given their utter inexperience in the battle scenes of X1, It looked very much like they hadn't really been in a serious combat before, despite their uniforms, jet and underground base. I'd like to think they and the Brotherhood had been up against each other before, but they were so out-of-their-depth against Magneto - and Xavier was unaware that Magneto was using a helmet to block psychic attack until the train station sequence.

Good points, but not conversation enders. The X-Men were not prepared for Toad, Mystique and Sabertooth, yes, but that doesn't mean that they've never fought Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The X-Men had never heard of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but that doesnt' mean that they've never tussled with acolytes, children or followers of Magneto. This also suggests a Magneto without a helmet. That's fine too. Especially if he's not blood enemies with Xavier yet, as indicated in X1.

Of couse, we COULD take an alternate route and deal with some other opponent. Exodus could be fun, the Sentinels could be tons of fun and deal with and of course, crazy outbursts from freshly powered up mutants would always be an issue that needs to be addressed... fun to be had by all...

As far as my pick for a young Proudstar, keep in mind that ALL of the cast members are supposed to be young, and having the martyr be one of the youngest, and the strongest, only makes the story more powerful. Especially for a kid who's done such great Indy work. Though, I certainly invite alternate suggestions.

GL1 said:
Good points, but not conversation enders. The X-Men were not prepared for Toad, Mystique and Sabertooth, yes, but that doesn't mean that they've never fought Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The X-Men had never heard of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but that doesnt' mean that they've never tussled with acolytes, children or followers of Magneto. This also suggests a Magneto without a helmet. That's fine too. Especially if he's not blood enemies with Xavier yet, as indicated in X1.

Of couse, we COULD take an alternate route and deal with some other opponent. Exodus could be fun, the Sentinels could be tons of fun and deal with and of course, crazy outbursts from freshly powered up mutants would always be an issue that needs to be addressed... fun to be had by all...

As far as my pick for a young Proudstar, keep in mind that ALL of the cast members are supposed to be young, and having the martyr be one of the youngest, and the strongest, only makes the story more powerful. Especially for a kid who's done such great Indy work. Though, I certainly invite alternate suggestions.

I am completely in support of the idea of a prequel to X1. Whether they go down that route, with a Magneto prequel coming up, and with flashbacks in X3, is another matter.

But it's interesting to ponder who would be in it. The X-Men were aware of 'teleporter' mutants when they finally found Nightcrawler in the church in X2 (Jean says 'he's a teleporter' in a way that indicates the concept of teleportation was not entirely an unknown phenomenon).. therefore the teleporters Astra or Vanisher might be good for a sequel...and maybe Unus with his forcefield - all these were characters from the original stories. Maybe the X-Men deal with Magneto attacking Cape Citadel military base, as in the comics - as no reason is given for the attack in the comics, this could be elaborated upon in a movie: perhaps he was stealing components and materials for his mutagenic machine, perhaps he was setting free Wanda and Pietro who were imprisoned there...

yeah, i am not terribley high on this idea...i would rather see them continue with the current story, or go redo the xmen films...like my thought is...start the xmen movie at Giant Sizes X-men 75(i think, off the top of my head) the famous book where wolverine Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler (among others) and they could have them do a Magneto(Brotherhood)/ Sentinals thing, do a Batman Begins type thing...make it real intense, maybe push an R, but get a Hard Pg-13 (which i think any good Wolverine/Cyclops Optic Rage **** would be cool)

so i am getting a head of myself...yes

but i just don't really like this current franchise to date (X3 looks incredible from the trailers and i hope it completley changes my veiw point) also it is basically X1 that i don't like, X2 is ok, i still hate how they screw up some mutants..

besides the point, i don't really like this current franchise, and i don't want to see them go back, because with only 3 (maybe 4 depending on what they do with beast) mutants, and an unkown as to what there bad guy would be beyond magneto (my assumption is they would do Sabretooth, and Mystique, but both have already been done) and the fact that they have already screwed with the origins of most of the mutants and i don't want them to emphisize it...

if they where to keep this franchise alive(which if X3 rules like it should i would be all for) i would just like to see them continue it, because we haven't seen sinister, we haven't seen apacolypse, we haven't seen gambit or Bishop, or Forge, or many others...it makes little sense to ME (it is my opinion) that they should do a prequel

L0ngsh0t said:
besides the point, i don't really like this current franchise, and i don't want to see them go back, because with only 3 (maybe 4 depending on what they do with beast) mutants, and an unkown as to what there bad guy would be beyond magneto (my assumption is they would do Sabretooth, and Mystique, but both have already been done) and the fact that they have already screwed with the origins of most of the mutants and i don't want them to emphisize it...

if they where to keep this franchise alive(which if X3 rules like it should i would be all for) i would just like to see them continue it, because we haven't seen sinister, we haven't seen apacolypse, we haven't seen gambit or Bishop, or Forge, or many others...it makes little sense to ME (it is my opinion) that they should do a prequel

Dude... why would they do villains they've already done when there's DOZENS of X-Men villains that have been untouched? We've already suggested Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and possibly Havok and Polaris under the direction of a non-combatant mangeto. That's to say nothing of use of Unus, Sentinels, Morlocks, Mimic, Exodus and the Acolytes, and of course, the Black Ops units of the United States government, such as Weapon X. There are quite a few viable villain options.

Also, Forge, Gambit and Sinister are wide open for use in a prequel. Apocalypse and Bishop would be trickier, but they are hardly off limits. I understand many people would prefer an X4 to an X0, but I've yet to hear of anything actually "wrong" with the prospect of X0. Some people just prefer going forward to prequels, that's fine, but adding new characters is hardly a problem.

well here's my bit on that again

they've pretty much clearly stated that there where orginally 3 to 4 xmen to begin with ( Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast) unless they mention otherwise in X3 (i.e. a refernce to Cyclops brother) X1 made it pretty clear that those where the original three...

we've already seen the Cyclops, Jean, and Storm show, and i do want to see more of them, but we have to go back in time when they we'rent that experienced fighters, as opposed to Jean and Storm possibley being Omega leval in X3...you can't have Wolverine the face of these movies, you can't have Iceman (who in my opinion is going to be the most talked about mutant, it is a hunch i have, but if they nail the ice-ups, and ice-slides i think he will be the coolest one)

you can't do the morlocks cause they will make there first appearence to the xmen in this X3, same with the sentinals....Sinister and Gambit should be mentioned in X3 at least if there is any chance of them being in the X-world, cause i find it hard to believe if they have known of someone as Powerfull as Sinister they wouldn't go 3 movies with out mentioning his name...your only real shot at new mutants i think are Havok and Polaris...i find it hard to believe if they went with the notion of Magneto having children...why wouldn't he want his children by his side at all times? through 3 movies...?

point is with the set circumstances the universe Bryan Singer created i think it would be really hard to make a prequel...i think though, they could do a re-telling like Batman Begins, incorperate a more "team" aspect to the X-men, and go from there...

again, i seem to stand pretty close to alone in that thought, that if they where going to go back i would much rather see a remake with a more team style thing to it, (maybe when all the xmen are introudced get a blue and gold team like they had in the comics for a little bit with storm, and cyclops leading) maybe get Asteroid M involved, in like a world ending thing, and have a war up there...i dunno, my thoughts, i'm not a fan of X1 at all, and the last thing i want to do is go back there

L0ngsh0t said:
well here's my bit on that again

they've pretty much clearly stated that there where orginally 3 to 4 xmen to begin with ( Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast) unless they mention otherwise in X3 (i.e. a refernce to Cyclops brother) X1 made it pretty clear that those where the original three...

"... SOME of my first students..." --Professor X.

They clearly stated that there were more than three or four students.

we've already seen the Cyclops, Jean, and Storm show, and i do want to see more of them, but we have to go back in time when they we'rent that experienced fighters, as opposed to Jean and Storm possibley being Omega leval in X3...you can't have Wolverine the face of these movies, you can't have Iceman (who in my opinion is going to be the most talked about mutant, it is a hunch i have, but if they nail the ice-ups, and ice-slides i think he will be the coolest one)

We haven't seen Cyclops Jean or Storm star in anything. It sounds like you just want to see Iceman and Wolverine. Which is fine, but your other reasons seem hollow.

you can't do the morlocks cause they will make there first appearence to the xmen in this X3, same with the sentinals....Sinister and Gambit should be mentioned in X3 at least if there is any chance of them being in the X-world, cause i find it hard to believe if they have known of someone as Powerfull as Sinister they wouldn't go 3 movies with out mentioning his name...your only real shot at new mutants i think are Havok and Polaris...i find it hard to believe if they went with the notion of Magneto having children...why wouldn't he want his children by his side at all times? through 3 movies...?

Morlocks-- I didn't see the morlocks in X3. You saw Callisto... doesn't mean she, or the morlocks haven't met the X-Men before.

Sentinels -- If they're in the danger room, as has been implied, then they would HAVE to have been met before...

Sinister -- Why would the mention Sinister again after they encountered him? Did they mention Sabertooth and Toad in X2? And while Sinister is insiduous, I don't think most would describe him as a powerhouse.

Gambit -- As you realize, there's no reason not to have Gambit in a prequel...

Magneto's Children -- There are, alas, far too many fathers who do not keep their children, ESPECIALLY their adult children, by their side.

point is with the set circumstances the universe Bryan Singer created i think it would be really hard to make a prequel...i think though, they could do a re-telling like Batman Begins, incorperate a more "team" aspect to the X-men, and go from there...

again, i seem to stand pretty close to alone in that thought, that if they where going to go back i would much rather see a remake with a more team style thing to it, (maybe when all the xmen are introudced get a blue and gold team like they had in the comics for a little bit with storm, and cyclops leading) maybe get Asteroid M involved, in like a world ending thing, and have a war up there...i dunno, my thoughts, i'm not a fan of X1 at all, and the last thing i want to do is go back there

Interesting... I didn't like X1 or X2 that much either (I just like the comics characters that they SHOULD be based on). I tend to think a prequel could redeem the franchise, honestly... provide it with a new, stronger foundation... especially since a lot of people did like X1 and X2, getting a remake is extremely unlikely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"