X-Men - Part 8

Cho cover. Im assuming this is for the AXM annual

sxgp6v.jpg

Well, Marvel just spoiled the big wedding twist.

Guggenheim is a goddamn hack. That said, I am now onboard with Mr and Mrs X.

EDIT: Reading more, it sounds like he was forced by editorial to change his plans. Damnit Marvel.

Aaaand Blue and Gold are cancelled.

Last edited:
Why would they spoil this in a NYT article? Are we not allowed to have any surprises ever while reading a comic? Anyway, this sounds better than I was actually expecting.

A restructuring of the flagship books looms. Exciting!

Leah Williams is apparently going to have a new book called RejeX in the fall. So, likely part of the new line. Likely will get Uncanny and adjectiveless back.

I'm more than ready for the o5 to leave, I wouldn't mind if Bloodstorm and Hudson go too. Bring back Adjectiveless and Uncanny. Wolverine's resurrecxion though? You just resurrected Jean and Xavier, no need for another gimmick so soon! And we are supposed to care about extermination too and that X-Classified series?

Anyway, seeing Dazzler in a team book is nice. I don't think she's been part of a headlining X-Men team since the late 80s. Well she was in Utopia's Uncanny X-Men but she was just a background character and there wasn't a clear roster.

Wolverine was technically resurrected before Jean (and arguably Xavier depending on how you look at it). Also Dazzler in Bendis' Uncanny X-men team

Leah Williams is apparently going to have a new book called RejeX in the fall. So, likely part of the new line. Likely will get Uncanny and adjectiveless back.
Do we know what it's about yet? Sounds like it could be about Academy X kids or young X-men in general?

Edit: I just read it's a back up story in the Domino Annual. Dang.

Last edited:
Wolverine was technically resurrected before Jean (and arguably Xavier depending on how you look at it). Also Dazzler in Bendis' Uncanny X-men team

That was a rotating roster, like they changed after a handful.of issues and it was mostly a Cyke-Emma-Erik-Magik book.

And I don't remember the Wolverine being resurrected, maybe in another title that I have missed, but they are clearly promoting this as his proper comeback.

That was a rotating roster, like they changed after a handful.of issues and it was mostly a Cyke-Emma-Erik-Magik book.

And I don't remember the Wolverine being resurrected, maybe in another title that I have missed, but they are clearly promoting this as his proper comeback.
UXM didnt have a rotating roster. It was fairly consistent from beginning to end. Dazzler joined late in the series so didnt have alot of time to shine. FWIW, she did lead the X-treme X-men

Wolverine returned last year in Marvel Legacy #1. He's made minor appearances across several titles since then, incluiding the X-books. What they are promoting now is a bigger return with him going public now that everyone is learning about his resurrection

RCO046.jpg

The teen Jean Grey has known for months

Anyways, Im looking forward to the Blue finale. Warren will FINALLY interact with his teen counterpart. Looking for something more meaningful with the Jeans too

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzAvMDQ3L29yaWdpbmFsL1hNQkxVRTIwMTcwMzVfY292LmpwZz8xNTI5NDI2NTU3

Last edited:
I didn't even consider Xtreme X-Men vol. 2 as a main X title. It was just Dazzler/Sage with a bunch of random alternate version of iconic X-Men. I hated that title. The stories sucked. Anyway with Blue and Gold ending in September, I hope Red's days are numbered as well, or the team moves to the another title. It just seems redundant to continue using Red in the title after Gold/Blue (which inspired its title) are done.

Astonishing
Uncanny
Adjectiveless

I hope they go back with these as the main titles. While Legacy, X-Treme and Extraordinary shouldn't be used again unless there's some good eXplanation. The Blue/Gold references were nice as first, but they don't even use and say "this is the Gold squad" or "the Blue squad" in the actual stories. So Its meaningless. I also hope they don't release release the title bimonthly. For some reason, I easily forget the story arcs of Blue/Gold just because we get like 6 issues in 3 months and compare that to Astonishing's 6 issues in 6 months. I don't really feel the weight/impact of the story where's a new story arc after 2 to 3 months, and when a new issue drops so quickly.

Last edited:
I didn't even consider Xtreme X-Men vol. 2 a main X title. Anyway with Blue and Gold ending in September, I hope Red's days are numbered as well, or the team moves to the another title.

Astonishing
Uncanny
Adjectiveless

I hope they go back with these as the main titles. While Legacy, X-Treme and Extraordinary shouldn't be used unless there's some good eXplanation. The Blue/Gold references were nice as first, but they don't even use and say "this is the Gold squad" or "the Blue squad". So Its meaningless.
The only time I can recall the colors being used like that was in Phoenix Resurrection. Outside of that, it wouldnt make sense considering they acted independently of each other.

I just read Gold and it was by far the best issue of the series. Very well done with great art. Kind of feels a bit anticlimatic considering all the buildup the issue had since #1. With that said, people called out this twist months ago and that was simply based on how Gugg writes Arrow. Mr. and Mrs. X should be interesting. Surprised Marvel managed to keep that a secret for so long

I really think Xtermination and X-Classified will lead to a new status quo. It just seems pointless to cancel both Blue and Gold if they aren't cooking up something major especially with them keeping X-Classified's line up a mystery.

I can see Adjectiveless making a comeback, and mostly consists of the A-listers (like the recent adjective less Avengers), like classic Jean and Logan in the same book, with Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty. While Uncanny or whatever serves as the 2nd title, would probably be a mix of both a-listers, blisters and someone new. While Astonishing will continue as the third book. Iceman's solo book feels redundant, Im sure it won't last long. They could have just used him in a team book.

However, Marvel recently upgraded so many mutants into the X-Men status:
Nightshade
Hudson
Bloodstorm
Daken
Pyro
Ink
Trinary
Honey Badger
Gentle

That it makes me cringe that we are like back to Utopia days when everybody was a X-Man but not really serving a purpose in the long run. This is the one thing I thought they were trying to avoid this decade but boom, so many new members in under two years, most probably won't be part of the new status quo. I also hope the time displaced o5 are finally gone. It just seems pointless to tease their departure again and again only to get another book for themselves, so please Marvel, just stop it!

Last edited:
X-Classified isnt a team book. Read Gold. Its title and premise was revealed in that after being spoiled last week

aymqWBo.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Mr. and Mrs. X, along with the author, makes is pretty clear who is the focus of X-classified. Though, it is no longer classified.

I guess I'm on board with the spoilers that were released. I haven't read an X-book in years, though.
Have the two been actually romantically linked recently? Or is this an out of left field, they haven't been together in years, plunge into the deep end?

I guess I'm on board with the spoilers that were released. I haven't read an X-book in years, though.
Have the two been actually romantically linked recently? Or is this an out of left field, they haven't been together in years, plunge into the deep end?

[BLACKOUT]They had a mini series earlier this year where they reunited. They've been appearing in Gold for a while now[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah, the Rogue & Gambit miniseries sort of brought them back together. And it was fun, which is why I am all on board with Mr. and Mrs. X now. And why I was hoping the wedding was going to be them, but not in the hack way that it happened.

Reading the spoilers, it seems that Guggenheim continued some of the Claremont subtext. My question is, was it trolling by a bitter Guggenheim, or editorial. I look at the upcoming Annual, and wonder...

X-Classified isnt a team book. Read Gold. Its title and premise was revealed in that after being spoiled last week

aymqWBo.jpg

Fine by me. Not that I ship the pair, more like anything that keeps my boy active in a book makes me happy. :D

Lmao at me thinking X-Classified is some bigx event only to lead to another solo or in this case a duo. Geez Marvel. At least its not another title I feel obligated to read. Instant skip!

Gold #30 was fine but its like one of the soapy shows that I have seen before. Its good but I've seen it before in something else.

Yeah, the Rogue & Gambit miniseries sort of brought them back together. And it was fun, which is why I am all on board with Mr. and Mrs. X now. And why I was hoping the wedding was going to be them, but not in the hack way that it happened.

Reading the spoilers, it seems that Guggenheim continued some of the Claremont subtext. My question is, was it trolling by a bitter Guggenheim, or editorial. I look at the upcoming Annual, and wonder...

I haven't read the issue, but what was hack about it?

I didn't find it forced, not after the Rogue/Gambit mini.

Not a big fan of the whole [blackout]wedding switcheroo concept[/blackout]

I laughed throughout the whole issue. It was just so dramatic. I hate Gold and a book centred around various heterosexual pairings doesn't interest me, but what ended happening was probably the best case scenario for the "wedding of the century"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"