X-Men - Part 8

I honestly thought Illyana was going to confess to having feelings for Kitty when they were alone on the roof.

I honestly thought Illyana was going to confess to having feelings for Kitty when they were alone on the roof.
Same. It's what should have happened. What Illyana did say to throw things off was nothing.

The fallout of the wedding definitely has me curious about the Gold Annual upcoming. I wonder if they will be canonizing the Claremontian subtext.

e2TjzUb.jpg

Illyana should come out as a lesbian. She's one X-man where it would actually make sense and not really contradict anything as a retcon

The fallout of the wedding definitely has me curious about the Gold Annual upcoming. I wonder if they will be canonizing the Claremontian subtext.

there's another annual coming? They just released one a few months ago

I laughed throughout the whole issue. It was just so dramatic. I hate Gold and a book centred around various heterosexual pairings doesn't interest me, but what ended happening was probably the best case scenario for the "wedding of the century"

YVt03Tvc_bigger.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Xavier Files?
@XavierFiles
Jun 23More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]...It's Happening!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DgYGfHiU8AAXIZG.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Well, this explains this that I got from my twitter feed this week. I'm happy for kitty and illyana.

Peter/ pitor was never gonna end up with kitty any ways and it's for the better. the way the writers & editors always have him with some one else other then kitty in the most forced way possible and he had that kid with the savage land girl, why he won't go back to that kid and his mother I'll never under stand. he never gonna be with any meaningful relationShip past that.

those two weren't ever ment to be.

And this kinda end's kitty's weird thing for dating or wanting to be in a realation ship with anymale with the name peter.

And they should show more be side theheterosexual pairings as you said.

Well, un less she end's with a woman named petra.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the whole [blackout]wedding switcheroo concept[/blackout]
the ones that got married won't last ether. there will alaways be a group of writer's with half the editors that will want that couple marriage annuled in a year or will be fighting for that. a good lot of them the characters are better of not dating each other in the same organization.

and some after they( the characters) way they've treated each other shouldn't be together with each other or shouldn't bother to come back as couple or to the organization and are better off doing their own thing.

but this for shadow is interresting even illyana'sbig borther is tall her to be true to her self

Xavier Files Retweeted

[FONT=&quot]ectocooler?
@geneticghost
Jun 24More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Everyone on the internet:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DgfWGxZV4AAqmw9.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I'll be annoyed if X-men Gold pairs Iceman with Pyro. Unfortunately, putting two white gay guys together is exactly what Guggenheim probably thinks is progressive.

It's been kind of fun to see Rosenberg slowly build up the weird, niche, quirky side of the X-men. Phoenix Resurrection was a trip, and New Mutants has been a really good fit for him. I'm excited to get Multiple Man today and hopefully it leads to Rosenberg writing X-Factor in the X-men Fresh Start.

I think Pyro and Bobby are obviously going to be an item. Its too predictable and Id be more shocked if that doesnt happen

It's been kind of fun to see Rosenberg slowly build up the weird, niche, quirky side of the X-men. Phoenix Resurrection was a trip, and New Mutants has been a really good fit for him. I'm excited to get Multiple Man today and hopefully it leads to Rosenberg writing X-Factor in the X-men Fresh Start.

it was so good! Im shocked bc Im not a big fan of Jamie but this issue won me over. I hope Rosenberg gets an ongoing

I wonder why Jamie never joined the X-Men? His mini series made me feel like he was some long time member of the team.

Jamie is perfect for X-affiliated off-shoots but not the X-men themselves. He had a big issue with how overbearing Cyclops was during the Utopia era. I also don't really see Havok or Polaris as X-men or superheroes. I wish someone would write them as adventuring grad students. I wonder what Rosenberg will do with Havok in Astonishing.
it was so good! Im shocked bc Im not a big fan of Jamie but this issue won me over. I hope Rosenberg gets an ongoing
Agreed! I'm also not a big Madrox fan but got hooked after this issue. Rosenberg is doing great stuff with his Dead Souls team and MM (he just needs to do more with Dani, Shan, and Prodigy...)

I wonder why Jamie never joined the X-Men? His mini series made me feel like he was some long time member of the team.

Well he's long been affiliated with them since the Giant Size X-men era. Even though he's never served on the actual main team, he was treated as an old friend, which he is

The time for Alex and Lorna as grad students has come and gone. That was an era where she was a docile gf and they were primarily in the background. Dont want to see that again. Lorna has moved past that and her leading a team of X-men is the push she needs. She should be pillar. The Magneto to Jean as Xavier. I really wish more was done with this

Speaking of Rosenberg, check out the first issue of his AXM....its amazing! Im already loving it more than Soules. To be fair, I loved that one at first as well. The secret member was finally revealed and its
Banshee

btw, next volume of Iceman is a 5 issue mini

Last edited:
I eXpected that. X-Solos rarely sell a lot. I do wish they would just focus on Iceman in a X-team title. These solo issues just feel like X-Men side stories so I don't read them.

Jamie is perfect for X-affiliated off-shoots but not the X-men themselves. He had a big issue with how overbearing Cyclops was during the Utopia era. I also don't really see Havok or Polaris as X-men or superheroes. I wish someone would write them as adventuring grad students. I wonder what Rosenberg will do with Havok in Astonishing.

Havok and Polaris ARE X-Men.

What I liked about the new astonishing is the colors, Greg Land's drawing can be distracting, but I love how the colors look glossy and modern. Reminds me of Utopia's Uncanny X-Men days.

Should have realized the revival of Iceman was too good to be true.

Lol. 90s Shatterstar is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, but I think most people's feelings on the character ranges from saying "who" to cheering at his final scene in Deadpool 2.

I'd like to see Prestige take abreak after Gold ended

Whatever replaces Gold: I hope the roster includes Iceman, Pyro, Rogue and Gambit. Storm and Nightcrawler should stay in Red, while Colossus should stay in Astonishing and Old Man Logan should only appear in Weapon X and his solo. Kitty would obviously stay and be part of the replacement title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"