X-Men - Part 8

I'm more excited for the AoXm stuff than I am for Uncanny.

I'm very behind on some books I'm really excited about. hopefully I'll catch up today.

The end of the time displaced o5 was way overdue in my opinion, and it became more clear when adult Jean is resurrected... then they ended the mini series with the adult Cyclops suddenly alive. This feels like that something that needed to be done (though quite late) just so they could focus on adult Jean and Cyke more and get the time displaced o5 out of the way asap, and it just does not feel natural. Also Cyclops was just killed last year, they are overdoing this resurrection stuff. Jean, Xavier, Cyclops and Wolverine are all resurrected this year and its just insane that they all happened so close to one another and it ruins the impact of amajor character coming back from the dead. Just awful timing. I hope they never kill a major character again because they would just resurrect that character as soon as they can. Tired of this resurrecXion thing. While adult Cable is clearly dead as of the moment, but in true Marvel fashion, the younger version is around... Though I guess that's better than having the time displaced o5, Bloodstorm and several Wolverines in the main books.

Anyway, I can't wait to read the new Uncanny though the line up for that only has a dozen issues before it becomes Cyke/Logan book.

Last edited:
I like the art. :)
I unfortunately don't. As the Mutants that aren't Cyke/logan look too clustered in the background. Like if this is the new line up, they could have done better for the cover.

Though I don't think I should eXpect this line up to last long especially after Age of X-Man wraps up.

I'm reading Uncanny X-Men 2018 and boy the first issue is long... not sure I would continue reading the other pages right away.

My thoughts for the main story, I don't know what to say, I guess Multiple Man having a role in this makes it interesting as I dont think I have read a X-Men comic that isnt a splinter title which Multiple Man have amain role before other than the Second Coming cross over. The Apocalypse reveal though... Apocalypse again? Hmm that was a letdown.

The end of the time displaced o5 was way overdue in my opinion, and it became more clear when adult Jean is resurrected... then they ended the mini series with the adult Cyclops suddenly alive. This feels like that something that needed to be done (though quite late) just so they could focus on adult Jean and Cyke more and get the time displaced o5 out of the way asap, and it just does not feel natural. Also Cyclops was just killed last year, they are overdoing this resurrection stuff. Jean, Xavier, Cyclops and Wolverine are all resurrected this year a
Cyclops was killed 3 years ago

Also Wolverine and Xavier were resurrected last year. Jean and now Scott were this year

I felt like Extermination was a satisfying conclusion for the O5. Focusing on the O5 was frustrating at times because it centred characters who have already been fully fleshed out (aside from Bobby) at the expense of more diverse and new characters, but I did like a lot of what was done with them (especially Jean and Bobby). The event was satisfying narratively and as the end of a larger arc of stories. And the art was just gorgeous. I want to see the effects of the memory thing fleshed out a bit more because it's a pretty significant thing.

Cyclops was killed 3 years ago

Also Wolverine and Xavier were resurrected last year. Jean and now Scott were this year
Ivx was just last year. The point is his death didn't last long, and the gap between the resurrecXion for those four are so close that, they have overplayed the resurrecxion card in two freaking years? It wasn't even like they ran out of storylines and characters to utilize to do these resurrecxions back to back. The other main titles just glossed over the resurrecxion of the first three and I bet Cyclops wouldn't be different.

Ivx was just last year. The point is his death didn't last long, and the gap between the resurrecXion for those four are so close that, they have overplayed the resurrecxion card in two freaking years? It wasn't even like they ran out of storylines and characters to utilize to do these resurrecxions back to back. The other main titles just glossed over the resurrecxion of the first three and I bet Cyclops wouldn't be different.
Cyclops died in 2015, not IvX. His death was a big plot point which drove the X-books post-Secret Wars

The titles havent really glossed over Wolverine as he hasnt fully returned. They are dragging out the hell out of his return. He returns in a big way to the X-books next year alongside Cyclops

So I'm on the fourth issue of Disassembled now. I like the big team, and I like that I can read them without minding Red / Astonishing. So 1 main title per month imo is a good idea. The involvement of Multiple Man and Legion are interesting. However, the villains... to me, this would have been a great time to introduce new villain/s but instead its another reincarnation of the Horsemen now with Nate Grey as the bad guy. Then Angel / Magneto as enemies again. I would have been more interested in this if the villains are new.

Cyclops died in 2015, not IvX. His death was a big plot point which drove the X-books post-Secret Wars

He died in 2015 if we consider comic release date
In the story he died some periods ago from now

So actual x-men will fail against Nate Grey :huh: I hope Jean, Storm, Beas, Iceman, Kitty, Cannonball, Jubilee, Polaris, Kurt, Angel, Psylocke, Bishop, X23 wont die (UXM n°10)

Cyclops Wolverine Havok will have their own team (UXM n°14)

But where are Gambit Rogue and Colossus

He died in 2015 if we consider comic release date
In the story he died some periods ago from now

So actual x-men will fail against Nate Grey :huh: I hope Jean, Storm, Beas, Iceman, Kitty, Cannonball, Jubilee, Polaris, Kurt, Angel, Psylocke, Bishop, X23 wont die (UXM n°10)

Cyclops Wolverine Havok will have their own team (UXM n°14)

But where are Gambit Rogue and Colossus
Gambit and Rogue have their own series, Mr and Mrs. X and will be busy theere. Colossus will be in Marvelous X-men

So Disassembled is the set up for Age of X-Man, I wonder how long X-Man would last long after Age of X-Man or if they are gonna move on to something else right away. Though I think after Disassembled/Age of X-man arc has ended, it will be more memorable than was featured in Red/Astonishing 2018/Blue/Gold. This seems like a larger story and it should play as a defining X-Men story at the end of this decade, if Marvel doesn't pull the plug so early. Though I wonder how connected Uncanny #11 and its later issues are to Age of X-man and I'm curious to know why Multiple Man isn't in the alternate timeline and he's with Cyclops/Wolverine.

I have also read eXterminated, I'm happy that Hope is being used after being ignored when the time displaced o5 arrived. However, she still looks like a mini Jean to me especially in that one shot. The design to her is really bad because even if she's not eXactly Jean 2.0, her red hair always give the impression that she is a Jean clone.

Last edited:
well, that was kind of the point
when she was born, it was a mystery whether she was a resurrected Jean or what her deal was, turns out she's an unrelated red haired green eyed girl
but yeah, they should give her a scar or something to differentiate her from Jean... although it's not as big a deal now since teen Jean is, mercifully, no longer with us

well, that was kind of the point
when she was born, it was a mystery whether she was a resurrected Jean or what her deal was, turns out she's an unrelated red haired green eyed girl
but yeah, they should give her a scar or something to differentiate her from Jean... although it's not as big a deal now since teen Jean is, mercifully, no longer with us
She already has a scar

does she? admittedly I havent seen the character in a few years... but where is her scar?
On her eye, just like Cable

XMEXTERM-1-copy.jpg

Has this been posted?

Marvel introduced the first drag queen mutant, Shade:

shade-x-man-drag-queen-sina-grace.jpg

marvel_drag_queen_superhero_shade_marvel_comics2-650x652.jpg

I just heard. About time. Hope they keep adding more and more diversity in the comics as well, giving them proper roles instead of being just token for minorities.

Unfortunately, I didn't like Uncanny Disassembled very much. While I liked pretty much every character involved, no one really got developed. The 10 issues were just counting down to the end, without much direction or focus.

The Uncanny Annual was interesting and better than Uncanny. This new chapter will be interesting and of course controversial.

I can't wait for Age of X-man and to see what these authors do with their little corners of the world. I love AU stories and utopia/dystopia stuff so this is in my wheelhouse.

OK according to Uncanny X-men annual 2019 Cyclops, 13 years ago x-men wore classic O5 costumes yet
We know Cyclops wore this costume for long time as teenager (16 years old) until his 21/22 years old

So since beginning of the x-men (O5 period) until now (all new all different) only more than 13 years elapsed
former members must be around their 30 or more

Yeah the O5 are definitely above 30 (except for maybe Iceman). But editorial doesn't want heroes to age so they will always max out under 30 due to the sliding timescale. Doesn't stop me from treating these heroes as 30+ lol.

In other news, Age of X-man Alpha was fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"