X-Men - Part 8

I wish they would utilize Angel in the actual X-Men team rather a splinter team again. I can't remember the last time Angel was in Uncanny X-Men/Adjectiveless. Maybe late 2000s in the San Francisco era?

Also weirdly, Iceman and Colossus are not in any team. I would have liked Polaris to be in a X-Men as well (like swap her with Magneto). Storm and Jean are relegated to solo books which won't last long anyway, yet Logan gets to have his solo book again, and at the same time also appear in Uncanny... like geez.

But this doesn't seem overwhelming compare to the Age of Krakoa launch in 2019, so that's a plus point.
Iceman, Colossus and Storm missing from the main teams definitely isn't great. I'm sure that'll be resolved pretty quickly though. Otherwise, the lineup looks pretty good. With three flagship titles (and more books overall) I wouldn't say it's less convoluted than the start of the Krakoan era though. :tearsofjoy:

Iceman, Colossus and Storm missing from the main teams definitely isn't great. I'm sure that'll be resolved pretty quickly though. Otherwise, the lineup looks pretty good. With three flagship titles (and more books overall) I wouldn't say it's less convoluted than the start of the Krakoan era though. :tearsofjoy:
House of X (6 issues)
Powers of X (6 issues)
Adjectiveless
X-Force
X-Factor
Marauders
Hellions
Excalibur
New Mutants
Fallen Angels
Wolverine
Cable

Compare that to six team titles + 3 solos that we know right now. Thats fewer books over-all. And I only enumerated Dawn of X titles. In 2020, they launched more titles for Age of Krakoa. And they also launched more in 2021, 2022, 2023 and this year.

It would take a lot for the next era to be as convoluted as Age of Krakoa.

HoX / PoX ended before Dawn of X though. From July to mid-October 2019 those two were the only titles to buy. Very straightforward. Wolverine, Cable, Hellions, and X-Factor didn't start until February - July 2020. These are the launch titles:
Adjectiveless (Flagship)
X-Force
Marauders
Excalibur
New Mutants
Fallen Angels

Compare that to:
Adjectiveless (Flagship)
Uncanny X-Men (Flagship)
Exceptional X-Men (Flagship)
Wolverine (Solo)
Phoenix (Solo)
Storm (Solo)
NYX
X-Factor
X-Force
Wolverine: Blood Hunt (Limited)
X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse (Limited)

And this era has more than enough time to grow bigger in the next few years as well. 😉

Yea Krakoa became a but overstuffed as time went on and but the start of it was pretty streamlined and straightforward compared to this new relaunch.

HoX / PoX ended before Dawn of X though. From July to mid-October 2019 those two were the only titles to buy. Very straightforward. Wolverine, Cable, Hellions, and X-Factor didn't start until February - July 2020. These are the launch titles:

Compare that to:

And this era has more than enough time to grow bigger in the next few years as well. 😉

House and Powers were released first and those 2 books were information overload. Months later, more titles were released - which added more to its convoluted lore/mess.

I would like you to point out, how these 9 comic books are gonna be more convoluted than Age of Krakoa, when these upcoming comic books,based from press releases, sound straightforward and easier to follow, than Age of Krakoa.

More comic books doesn't automatically mean harder to follow. Age of Krakoa, which is a cluster**** of events from day 1 and it is very easy to get lost. I'm not getting that vibe (yet) from From the Ashes.

House and Powers were released first and those 2 books were information overload. Months later, more titles were released - which added more to its convoluted lore/mess.

I would like you to point out, how these 9 comic books are gonna be more convoluted than Age of Krakoa, when these upcoming comic books,based from press releases, sound straightforward and easier to follow, than Age of Krakoa.

More comic books doesn't automatically mean harder to follow. Age of Krakoa, which is a cluster**** of events from day 1 and it is very easy to get lost. I'm not getting that vibe (yet) from From the Ashes.
Not sure why I'm bothering to reply since Im pretty sure you have me on ignore but he means in the number books to follow. They cut the line down to the and each of the books had their own specific identity. You had 1 main X-Men book not 3. Then as far as the other books, X-Force was dealing with black ops, Excalibur was dealing with magic, supernatural stuff, New Mutants focused on the younger team, etc... They didn't all feel samey.

I do agree that it eventually got to be too much but as someone who read all launch Krakoa books from day 1, it was not a cluster*** as you say. It was all pretty easy to follow.

There is very little I can say about the story of 9 unreleased comics, or you getting lost due to a story's complexity, which is why I only followed up on the list of comics you posted. I don't consider starting From The Ashes with all those titles (plus 3 flagship books) as streamlined as HoX/PoX and the initial Dawn of X were, but YMMV.

Regardless, as evidenced by my posts here I had a lot of fun with the Krakoan era and I hope this new era follows suit.

Wolverine's creative team has been revealed. I've only read Ahmed's Mile Morales run and was a bit lukewarm on it.

There is very little I can say about the story of 9 unreleased comics, or you getting lost due to a story's complexity, which is why I only followed up on the list of comics you posted. I don't consider starting From The Ashes with all those titles (plus 3 flagship books) as streamlined as HoX/PoX and the initial Dawn of X were, but YMMV.

Regardless, as evidenced by my posts here I had a lot of fun with the Krakoan era and I hope this new era follows suit.
I've read as much as i could from Age of Krakoa. Powers and House were already convoluted for having just 12 issues. And Marvel Comics piled it up with more titles, several months later. I ended dropping all of it aside from Adjectiveless - which in the beginning didn't really have a regular cast, and that alone introduced so many stuff and questions that took ages to be resolved. And in every issue, there are these white pages with long descriptions, which just added more to the information overload. It was not fun, personally speaking.

While this upcoming From the Ashes relaunch, doesn't seem "too grand" or complicated, and seems in line with the previous status quo X-Men changes, except for Age of Krakoa.

I bet 6 issues of House/Powers are probably harder to digest, than the launch issues of these 9 comic books - which based from the pr releases seem pretty straightforward. Uncanny/Adjectiveless are featuring faces we have seen before and they are starting from scratch/trying to survive, which X-Men have done several times in the past. Exceptional X-Men are only featuring 3 trainees which are fewer from the 80s New Mutants, Academy X and Young X-Men. The team for X-Force, X-Factor and NYX are pretty small as well.

Yeah, well, HoxPox was Hickman doing his grand Hickman stuff. Grand, high concept kind of stuff. Of course it is going to be a bit more convoluted. He's doing Dune when we are used to getting Star Wars.

There are still a few characters without a series to call home. I can think of:

Colossus
Polaris
Domino
Sunspot
Iceman
Sunfire
Bishop

They are probably in a break.

But knowing Marvel Comics, it wouldn't be shocking if they launch another wave of new titles in summer 2025 and they probably would. They do it every year.

These 3 new mutants don't look interesting. I'm not asking for a dozen of new characters, but i wonder why they only introduced 3 rather than 5 or 6. I would have prefered if they used the younger mutants from 2000s and 2010s.
I hope the younger mutants are floating around somewhere, I loved several of those characters

That said, maybe give the new characters a chance, rather than deciding you don't like them based solely on their designs? We don't know what they're like as actual characters yet, you may really enjoy them beyond the surface level stuff...

I never thought I would've ever liked Quentin Quire based on his look or powers, yet here we are 20 years later, and I love that little dooshbag

I hope the younger mutants are floating around somewhere, I loved several of those characters

That said, maybe give the new characters a chance, rather than deciding you don't like them based solely on their designs? We don't know what they're like as actual characters yet, you may really enjoy them beyond the surface level stuff...

I never thought I would've ever liked Quentin Quire based on his look or powers, yet here we are 20 years later, and I love that little dooshbag
Hmm I already plan to read Uncanny and Adjectiveless. And a third title, feels a bit much especially just looking who's on Exceptional. The character designs of the new characters aren't doing anything for me to consider.

But the bigger issue is its hard to invest with new characters. A lot are thrown to the side after being in the spotlight for few years. See Hope as one of the biggest examples. Despite being included in the resurrection team, she hasn't really been that utilized after 2013. I was also enjoying seeing Synch in a X-Men team as I didn't read Gen X, but like Monet in the past who joined the X-Men in Uncanny several years ago, thats another character they decided not to use for the new status quo.

Okay that's now ten titles for the From The Ashes era.

Good for Dazzler getting a solo series again, though I don't know why it was just announced just now.

Okay that's now ten titles for the From The Ashes era.

Good for Dazzler getting a solo series again, though I don't know why it was just announced just now.
Because they are staggering out the titles in waves and the August solicits are probably gonna drop in the next week.

Hopefully it goes better than the last time they tried to put her on the team.

They need to release fewer titles and focus more on quality.

A lot of these titles will have a hard time being remembered in the future, unless the person is a hardcore X-Men reader or fan that will remember such comics/events even happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"