X-Men - Part 8

Anybody else bummed they're going to redeem Beast by using a clone??

I know he's a classic, and beloved, but Marvel has so few Heroes-turned-Villains
And with all the reformed villains in the X-books these days, would've been cool to have Hank be the new Magneto
I do think at the very least it's a lazy way to redeem him. He's been a pretty fun villain.

Given the make up of Mackay's X-men, I am hesitant to call it will be completely swept under the rug.

With every Rise of the Powers of X issue, I think: "The art can't possibly get any wilder."

Then it just proves me wrong again.

Is this Beast villain a recent thing? I know about Dark Beast, but that's whole other thing. I'm curious now.

Anyway, I actually came here to ask for writers/runs suggestions. Mostly for comedy, so it can be for any mutant related property.

I remember loving Peter David's X-Factor a lot, although I don't know if that aged well. But I remember liking it a lot. So any suggestion for something more comedic?

Also, if there's one mutant property I know nothing about, and I mean nothing, it's X-Statix. I'm curious to know now. Is this worth reading? Is it funny? Or is it forgetable?

Is this Beast villain a recent thing? I know about Dark Beast, but that's whole other thing. I'm curious now.
It depends on who you ask. One could argue he's been on this path since the mid 00s. But in terms of current "the ends justify the means", cold hearted ******* stint, since the beginning of this current X-Force run (so the beginning of the Krakoa era).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lip
I remember loving Peter David's X-Factor a lot, although I don't know if that aged well. But I remember liking it a lot. So any suggestion for something more comedic?
Once I'm a bit further along in my chronological order read (in the 90s right now), I do want to pick up more of Exiles, thought that had great humor. If you're looking for a Krakoan era book, I would recommend Zeb Well's Hellions. That has very offbeat humor.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lip
Yeah, I was reading the beginning of Krakoa era (and Beast wasn't in my books), then my plan was to read Inferno to follow Mystique's revange.

Now, because of '97, I'm back re-reading the 80s X-Men. Then I remembered the existence of X-Statix and realized I knew nothing about it, and got curious about it.

Thank you guys for the comments. :)

It depends on who you ask. One could argue he's been on this path since the mid 00s. But in terms of current "the ends justify the means", cold hearted ******* stint, since the beginning of this current X-Force run (so the beginning of the Krakoa era).

Yeah I fall in to the "been going on since the 2000's" camp, but at the very least his being okay with Wolverine's X-Force team in Remender's run, his membership on the Illuminati, and ripping the O5 out of their time to try and change history were clear indicators he was cozying up to mad scientist/ends justify the means villainy

Be a shame if they just bring back Avenger Beast and sweep all that under the rug
Although, given the team he'll be on in a few months, hopefully it's not that simple

Hank wasn't for X-force in the Remender run. His trajectory towards being an jerk definitely started with Bendis and All-new X-men though.

He wasn't for it, but he knew about it and kind of turned a blind eye toward it, iirc

Geoffery Thorne is writing and Marcus To on art.

Despite him being front and center, the article implies Deadpool is only temporary.

Forge, Sage, Surge, Betsy, Rachel and Tank (apparently from an issue of Ironheart) are the main team.

sigh

Betsy and Rachel kind of sell me on this. Kind of sad Rachel isn't going to be part of Phoenix. But, it looks like we will get info on Phoenix and NYX this week too.

Good to see they are doing something with Surge and Sage.

I don't know who Tank is.

I just finished reading X-Men #32 and #33.

I wish these comics have better drawings. #32 looked poor imo especially the facial eXpressions. #33 was okay but these X-Men comics have seen much better.

Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzig writing, Francesco Mortarino on art.

Kamala, Laura, Anole, Prodigy, and Sophie Cuckoo. Interesting line up. Sophie specifically as the Cuckoo is an interesting choice, but only one. Also, the blurb says the mansion is destroyed.

It is nice to see some focus on the New X-men generation.

Who approved the new costume for Cyclops? I want to talk to this person.

Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzig writing, Francesco Mortarino on art.

Kamala, Laura, Anole, Prodigy, and Sophie Cuckoo. Interesting line up. Sophie specifically as the Cuckoo is an interesting choice, but only one. Also, the blurb says the mansion is destroyed.

It is nice to see some focus on the New X-men generation.

That looks pretty interesting. Admittedly, I haven't gotten to the original NYX run just yet. However, I hope they start treating Kamala like any other team member. She has definitely felt like an editorial insert in the Krakoan era.

I generally don't care for X-Men splinters but I'm interested to see the line up for X-Factor.

Did NYX always mean New York X-Men? never actually thought about that...
And Kamala leaving Jersey ain't right, bring the team here!

Also, is that Laura the young one or the old one? What about the Laura in Heir of Apocalypse??

I wasn't sure which Laura it was either. Especially given that Cyclops, for example, also looks so much younger.

Did NYX always mean New York X-Men? never actually thought about that...
And Kamala leaving Jersey ain't right, bring the team here!

Also, is that Laura the young one or the old one? What about the Laura in Heir of Apocalypse??

Talon, aka old lady Laura, is dead. And considering that she is Duggan's pet character, I don't expect her to come back in the relaunch.

Talon, aka old lady Laura, is dead. And considering that she is Duggan's pet character, I don't expect her to come back in the relaunch.
Ah thanks
Haven't gotten the latest round of F o X books, I'm surprised to hear that

A few variant covers with a better look at Jean's new Phoenix outfit. And, sigh, a Land cover.

Still, I like how it looks rather than just going back to the original Phoenix suit. Given that it is a space adventure, the recent 97 clip made wonder if she is going to meet her long lost niece/nephew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"