Xavier and Juggernaut

The Rocketeer

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't get it, why didn't the movie mention anything about xavier and juggernaut being step-brothers/half-brothers.According to the comics and tv show they are.

Because it would have been stupid, random and useless little fact unless they devoted a good chunk of the movie to juggernaut and that should never happen.

Honestly juggernaut is a dumb character with great powers. The role of silent henchman suits him well unlike Sabretooth who is a great character that didn't deserve to be kept silent.

The PhantaZm said:
Honestly juggernaut is a dumb character with great powers.

B.....but he's the juggernaut *****.....

Lol.

They coulda slippedin a line like " Hello brother..." When they were at Jeans house, but it's not need. Woulda been cool to hear though. xD

Would've been weird though.... step or half brothers with accents from different ends of the world.

Why didn't the movies mention anything about Mystique/Rogue's relationship in X1? Or Mystique's relationship with Sabretooth? or Sabretooth's relationship with Wolverine? or Kitty's relationship with Wolverine? or...

The list goes on and on and it's been this way since the first movie. The Phantazm is right...Some things just don't have a place in the plot of the movie. Making room to establish little details that will have no bearing on the plot is just a waste of time.

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
Why didn't the movies mention anything about Mystique/Rogue's relationship in X1? Or Mystique's relationship with Sabretooth? or Sabretooth's relationship with Wolverine? or Kitty's relationship with Wolverine? or...

The list goes on and on and it's been this way since the first movie. The Phantazm is right...Some things just don't have a place in the plot of the movie. Making room to establish little details that will have no bearing on the plot is just a waste of time.

-TNC

Agreed.

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC
Yeah and I thought nightcrawler was mystique's son or something

theSILENCE said:
Would've been weird though.... step or half brothers with accents from different ends of the world.

What do you mean different ends of the world?

Vinnie Jones is English and so is Stewart. And they both use there english accents.

I Think it was right not to have them as brothers. Even if they mentioned it in passing, it would leave the non comic fan questioning.

Personally i think it was wrong to have Vinnie Jones as Jugs. Hes not a good actor. And in the film hes just a brute. It would have been better just to use a big muscled man in the part rather than jones in a crappy suit as it required no acting.

I think when Matthew Vaughn was still attached he wanted Xavier and Jugs to interact as brothers. I think he stated somewhere that he choose Jones as he was the complete opposite to stewart and would have been interesting to see how the interact with each other on screen.

biggles2000uk said:
What do you mean different ends of the world?

Vinnie Jones is English and so is Stewart. And they both use there english accents.

I Think it was right not to have them as brothers. Even if they mentioned it in passing, it would leave the non comic fan questioning.

Personally i think it was wrong to have Vinnie Jones as Jugs. Hes not a good actor. And in the film hes just a brute. It would have been better just to use a big muscled man in the part rather than jones in a crappy suit as it required no acting.

I think when Matthew Vaughn was still attached he wanted Xavier and Jugs to interact as brothers. I think he stated somewhere that he choose Jones as he was the complete opposite to stewart and would have been interesting to see how the interact with each other on screen.

lol. yeah i though about what i said after i posted it. for some reason i thought vinnie was australian. lol. but they didnt need someone who could act to play juggernaut. every cartoon i've seen shows juggernaut as a stupid brute. no thought needed when you can pretty much destroy everything in your path.

Cain Marko said:
I don't get it, why didn't the movie mention anything about Xavier and Juggernaut being step-brothers/half-brothers? According to the comics and tv show they are.

One reason, Ratner's an idiot! Unlike Singer, Ratner decided to take things from the Ultimate X-men comics instead of sticking with the original storylines created in the old comics. Which explains a few other things as well. Which is the main reason I don't want Ratner touching another X movie, spinoff or sequel!

mskagrant said:
Ok, Don't jump on me but until the movies started I had never heard of X-Men so when I found this site it was very helpful in learning the people http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12841419/
these backgrounds look like theyre more fitting for the movie (which as you can see from this thread, arent necessarily all accurate). if youre still lookin for a quick reference for the origins and backstories you can go to wikipedia.org and just search for each character. or for a much better one go to http://www.uncannyxmen.net

then u can see why people are so mad.

There would be no point to address their relation in this movie.

Besides, to tell you the truth, i was never a big fan of the fact that Xavier and Marko are family. It was pointless, useless and not even relevant in the comics, besides a story or two.
And i´m a big fan of the Juggernaut, one of my favorite villains.

I would of liked them to of had some mention of it. it could of been part of his back story, which he did lack.
what i would of liked to see would of been some flash backs of him fighting the x-men in the past (how else would he of been caught)
(Just throught I might put a spoiler warning cause i do menchin a couple of locations and scene sets, if you haven't seen it yet, sorry i know it a non-spioler thread)
in the scene where magneto releases him, instead of having that line about he halmet. it should of gone like this.
magneto - "impressive, tell me, how is it they managed to catch one such as you"
Juggernaut- "My step brother Charles caught me with my hamlet off, and mind blasted me with a sucker punch"
Magneto - "step brother how very interesting"
Juggernaut - "my dad married his mother cause she had money, he always treated Charles better then me, I ran away when I was still young, but when I developed in to my powers I swear I'd get my revenge"
Flash back-set 30-40ish year ago (young Charles, and Cain, Cain pushing Charles, and his father yelling at him)
Magneto- "come with me and you'll get your revenge"
Juggernaut- "I went after him years ago, showed up at his School"
(flash back scene him smashing throgh the wall and grabbing Xavier)
Juggernaut- (narrating) "then his bloody do gooder students came to he rescue, attracting me"
Flash back scene (Cyclops blasting him from behind, he drops the professor, who falls to his knees on the ground, Juggernaut turns to Scott, who continually blast him, (Juggernaut- “ you can’t stop me”) professor (mentally) calls out to Jean “remove his helmet“, Jean use her power to lift the helmet, professor send mental shocks through his mind)
Xavier - (speaking telepathically) "you can not move, be still, be still…”(or something)
(he drops to the ground) flash out, back to him being with magneto
Magneto - "I can assure you he will not stop you so easily next time"
(continue the rest of that scene as it was)
scene at Jeans house
(the x-men (prof. X, wolverine, Storm) show up and the brother hood is there waiting)
Xavier - "Cain?"
Juggernaut - "step brother!"
(Juggernaut looks like he wants to go after him)
magneto - "(to Juggernaut) waiting, not yet, stay here make sure no one comes in"
(rest of scene as normal)
would that of really taken up that much time of the movie, no. would it of had any meaning maybe not really. but it would of give a back story to the charcter, and more of a reason for him to fellow magneto.

Yeah, but something like that wouldn't be necessary for the story in X3...

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
Yeah, but something like that wouldn't be necessary for the story in X3...

-TNC
well, no, it wouldn’t be necessary to the storyline of the movie itself, but how about a lil character development, who is this guy, just a huge mutant, who once he builds up any momentum can not be stopped, that is all we know about him in the movie, sure to us fans, we get who he is suppose to be, but the non comic fans out there I am sure were like who the hell is his guy.
Anyway, I think the relationship between him and his step brother, is what drives him, his hatred of chairles is what makes him who he is. and that is a big part of the character.

maybe they just didnt recognize eachother at jeans house... thats waht happens when you dont keep in touch =(

"hey juggernaut?! whats up?!"
"nothing much, just being magnetos henchman"
"awesome"

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC
Agreed.
Oh-you forgot Mystique & Nightcrawler.

Isildur´s Heir said:
There would be no point to address their relation in this movie.

Besides, to tell you the truth, i was never a big fan of the fact that Xavier and Marko are family. It was pointless, useless and not even relevant in the comics, besides a story or two.
And i´m a big fan of the Juggernaut, one of my favorite villains.

Well there had to be a reason for Marko to fight the X-men, what else do you suggect?

Spider-Fan83 said:
(Just throught I might put a spoiler warning cuase i do menchin a couple of locations and scene set, if you haven seen it yet, sorry i kno ita non spioler thread)
I would of liked them to of had some mention of it. it could of been part of his back story, which he did lack.
what i would of liked to see would of been some flash backs of him fighting the x-men in the past (how else would he of been caught)
(Just throught I might put a spoiler warning cause i do menchin a couple of locations and scene sets, if you haven't seen it yet, sorry i know it a non-spioler thread)
in the scene where magneto releases him, instead of having that line about he halmet. it should of gone like this.
magneto - "impressive, tell me, how is it they managed to catch one such as you"
Juggernaut- "My step brother Charles caught me with my hamlet off, and mind blasted me with a sucker punch"
Magneto - "step brother how very interesting"
Juggernaut - "my dad married his mother cause she had money, he always treated Charles better then me, I ran away when I was still young, but when I developed in to my powers I swear I'd get my revenge"
Flash back-set 30-40ish year ago (young Charles, and Cain, Cain pushing Charles, and his father yelling at him)
Magneto- "come with me and you'll get your revenge"
Juggernaut- "I went after him years ago, showed up at his School"
(flash back scene him smashing throgh the wall and grabbing Xavier)
Juggernaut- (narrating) "then his bloody do gooder students came to he rescue, attracting me"

Why would he need to tell all of that to magneto??? Espescially with Mags/X's relationship. If he did, Magneto shuold respond "uh, yeah, like I know and stuff...":)

Chris Wallace said:
Agreed.
Oh-you forgot Mystique & Nightcrawler.

but at least we saw a scene with both Mystique & Nightcrawler talking, there Mystique could of known that he was her son she just didn't tell him, cause he had no idea. where with Juggernaut and Charles both know that they were step brothers, obviously . though it is possible that its been long enough that they didn't recognize each other. I'll just go with that theory to put my mind to rest on the topic lol

Why would he need to tell all of that to magneto??? Espescially with Mags/X's relationship. If he did, Magneto shuold respond "uh, yeah, like I know and stuff..."

ya, good point. but, just cause magneto and Charles know each other and talk to each other sometimes doesn't mean he knows every thing that has ever happed to the x-men. he could of not told him about. in fact, he would probably would of not wanted magneto to know about the juggernaut knowing that he might try to free him.

The Juggernaut/Xavier thing could've become an entire subplot all on its own...It's probably why they chose to leave the whole thing out...

It's the same with the Weapon X thing with Sabes, Deathstrike, and Wolverine, and the weird stuff with Magneto/Sabretooth/Mystique and Rogue and Nightcrawler...

-TNC

Once we learned that Juggy was gonna be a mutant & a petty crook-who WASN'T bigger than the Hulk-we knew this wasn't the same characterization as the comics. Think of it more along the lines of Ultimate Juggernaut. Costume's closer to his anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"