XAVIER: The Official Character Discussion Thread

I've notice a pattern in The X-Men movies with Professor Charles Xavier , he's always put in danger.

X1 - Magneto sends Mystique to infiltrate the Xavier Institute to poisons Cerebro. So that Xavier can't help his X-Men .

X2 - William Stryker captures Professor Xavier and uses his son Jason Stryker to control Professor Xavier's mind to use a bad version of Cerebro to find all existing mutants and kill them.

X3 - Dark Phoenix uses her powers to destory her former friend & Mentor by disintegrating him {not realizing that he uses his powers to transport his mind into another body}

if their is an X4 , What do you think will happen to Charles Xavier ?

Xaviers the man... he stepped up to phoenix and died trying. Noble.

Was he lifted off the wheelchair by Jean when she stood up or did he do that to try and match her psychic powers?

cassandra nova? anyone think for the next trilogy it kind of makes sense.
after reading this brett ratner interview on comics2film.com

Q: Now, why did you choose to do that?

BR: It's a spoiler, I just wanted people to, you know, it's a wink, it's not. Death isn't relevant in this universe anyway. I just thought, I got the idea when I read the script about the ethics class, where you can put the body, this consciousness of the person into this body. I said, oh, Professor X is such a beloved character, I said maybe he comes back and, there's a whole lot of story, and real hardcore fans will get that there's a whole thing about him having a twin brother that died at birth. You know, there's some crazy backstory **** going on, so is that the brother who's brain dead, grew up?

It was Jean who lifted him off the wheelchair... reminds of that particular comic pic that was posted a while ago. WOW.

According to rumors, the body with no mind is Xavier's twin brother... If they go on with an X4, they can create a backstory that Xavier had a twin brother that was born with no mind due to the mutation... Something like Xavier having all that mind power, but the twin none... Xavier always felt bad and blamed himself for having all that power while his twin brother was born without conciousness (spl?)... So that's why he kept it a secret and kept taking care of his brother all these years.
In the comics, Xavier got cloned... the version in the movies has him having a twin brother, not a bad idea.
That would explain why he has the same voice and will keep his powers for X4

makes kinda sense... not sure if I'd want to see a clone of X though lol.

I like how they made him look like an ass. Its like how he is in the comics right now.

yeah. He's not your average goodie to shoes, right? lol Its like Obi-wan Kenobi :p he did some bad things...

Xavier will be back, along with Scott, and possibly Phoenix.

Mar420x said:
cassandra nova? anyone think for the next trilogy it kind of makes sense.
after reading this brett ratner interview on comics2film.com

Q: Now, why did you choose to do that?

BR: It's a spoiler, I just wanted people to, you know, it's a wink, it's not. Death isn't relevant in this universe anyway. I just thought, I got the idea when I read the script about the ethics class, where you can put the body, this consciousness of the person into this body. I said, oh, Professor X is such a beloved character, I said maybe he comes back and, there's a whole lot of story, and real hardcore fans will get that there's a whole thing about him having a twin brother that died at birth. You know, there's some crazy backstory **** going on, so is that the brother who's brain dead, grew up?

Well, this could work, In the comics it was a clone, so why not just make it a twin brother in the movies. I like this idea, that way Sewart can continue being Prof. Xavier .

So, when Xavier was disenagrated, was anybody else like me and just like "WOA!!!!!" I thought to myself "NOOOOOOO! Xavier is like, thebest X-Man out there, he can't die...." although I did think it was a spectacular death scene!

... yeah...reminded me of Vader cutting down obiwan but obiwan was back but only as a force ghost...

"Iron Man" said:
So, when Xavier was disenagrated, was anybody else like me and just like "WOA!!!!!" I thought to myself "NOOOOOOO! Xavier is like, thebest X-Man out there, he can't die...." although I did think it was a spectacular death scene!
I heard it was going to happen, but when i saw his skin start ripping i was like man... poor Xavier :( I have no issues with the creative decision however. Brilliant.

bump. we don't need another Xavier thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"