Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok, the official news has just started and it wont stop until mid 2013 or maybe later, so here is the official cast thread for upcoming confirmations.

X-men: Days of future Past (2014)

CAST (confirmed)

James McAvoy ... Charles Xavier / Professor X
Michael Fassbender ... Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Jennifer Lawrence ... Raven / Mystique
Nicholas Hoult ... Hank McCoy/Beast
Patrick Stewart ... old Charles Xavier
Ian McKellen ... old Erik Lehnsherr
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Ellen Page ... Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat
Anna Paquin ... Marie / Rogue
Shawn Ashmore ... Bobby Drake / Iceman
Halle Berry ... Ororo Munroe / Storm
Peter Dinklage ... tba
Omar Sy ... tba
Boo Stewart ... tba
Fan Bingbing ... Blink

CREW

Director ... Bryan Singer

Writers ... Simon Kimberg, Matthew Vaughn

Production designer ... John Myhre
Costume designer ... Louise Mingenbach
Cinematography ... Newton Thomas Sigel
Film Editor ... John Ottman
Second Unit Director ... Brian Smrz

Producers
Richard Donner
Lauren Shuler Donner
Bryan Singer
Matthew Vaughn
Simon Kimberg
Jeff Diaz

Full cast and crew: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm#cast

:xmen: :xmen:

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just make one myself.

Last edited:
I would like the following to return:
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (small role at the beginning, then reduce him to a smoldering rubble of adamantium).
Famke Janssen as Jean/Phoenix
I'd like James Mardsen as Cyclops as well but I'm not sure how exactly...maybe after the future is fixed?
Maybe Kelsey Grammar too, if X3 is being kept in continuity.
And the voice of the Sentinels from the animated series!

I would like the following to return:
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (small role at the beginning, then reduce him to a smoldering rubble of adamantium).
Famke Janssen as Jean/Phoenix
I'd like James Mardsen as Cyclops as well but I'm not sure how exactly...maybe after the future is fixed?
Maybe Kelsey Grammar too, if X3 is being kept in continuity.
And the voice of the Sentinels from the animated series!

Haha yes! And bring back Rogue.

It's always a slippery slope when it comes to casting something like this. You want the actors from the main trilogy to come back but not all.

Personally, I would like Marsden to come back as Cyclops and maybe a few others like Rogue. The rest can me MIA and this could be the film where Cyclops can shine.

I know Halle and Singer don't get along and she has her share of the pie already. I can see Jackman coming back but as the longer type.

Id definetly be happier with Scott and Rogue instead of Wolverine and Storm.

but I know that wont happen, so Ill have to accept whatever Bryan and Fox bring this time.

Don't count out Rogue.Also remember Halle Berry's troubled relationship with Bryan and the fact she has laregly become a tabloid star now instead of an actress.

The next casting announcement will likely be Hugh Jackman.I suspect Bryan will announce that before hugh starts the Les mes promation so hugh won't consently be asked are you In Days of future past?

I would have expected the returns of Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones to be announced by now.

:hmm

I kinda wish Halle will not return for this one.

There is just too much personal drama surrounding her now. And I don't exactly know who to believe.

Kind of change my opinion of her. I used to really like her a lot.

I just saw the shocking injuries video of her Ex-fiancee, and I feel really bad and sorry for him.

If Storm is returning, I hope they replace Halle with other actresses.

I definitely hoping Halle is out. I think this latest drama (and the floppage of Cloud Atlas) has cemented her position as a tabloid star and not a movie star.

In addition to those announced, I would like to see Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen, and James Marsden return. With those three and the already announced Ian and Patrick, the future scenes would be fantastic.

Posted this in Singer thread. Lotta threads here haha,
Jason Flemyng interview. Azazel sounds confirmed. Around 35 sec.
[YT]DbTYiX5A3Bk[/YT]

Last edited:
I hope they bring back Lucas Till, January Jones, Caleb Landry Jones, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry.

I hope Marsden comes back. Feels like we never got to see Cylclops full potential as a leader or even as a character in the previous movies.

I never cared for Halle Berry as Storm so I don't care about if she will return. Berry probably will return because she needs another hit movie.

I definitely hoping Halle is out. I think this latest drama (and the floppage of Cloud Atlas) has cemented her position as a tabloid star and not a movie star.

In addition to those announced, I would like to see Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen, and James Marsden return. With those three and the already announced Ian and Patrick, the future scenes would be fantastic.

Halle certainly is embroiled in some personal dramas right now. She still has Cloud Atlas to promote in other territories yet (it isn't released in the UK until February 22), so she will have to get her act together.

But it doesn't look like a very good omen for her return to Singer's X-Men. I think it's more and more likely that Storm will end up on a gravestone, and perhaps seen killed off in a flashback/voiceover sequence by a mutant in the future recalling recent events. If so, a stunt double could be used for a quick shot of Storm being shot down by a Sentinel; they probably wouldn't go to the trouble of getting Halle for a cameo death scene!

I'd hope to see (beside Fassbender, McKellen, Stewart, McAvoy, Lawrence, Hoult and Flemyng)...For the past:

- Lucas Till (Havok)
- Rose Byrne (Moira)
- Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee)
- January Jones (Emma)
- Zoe Kravitz (Angel Salvadore)
- Alex Gonzalez (Riptide)

(The last two maybe must die)

For the future:
- Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
- James Marsden (Cyclops)
- Halle Berry (Storm)
- Kelsey Grammer (Beast)
- Rebecca Romijn (Mystique)

In cameos other ones like Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Angel...

And Polaris.

Posted this in Singer thread. Lotta threads here haha,
Jason Flemyng interview. Azazel sounds confirmed. Around 35 sec.
[YT]DbTYiX5A3Bk[/YT]

I didnt understand all his words, but I got the impression he was talking more about his contract than actual confirmation from Fox or Bryan. am I wrong?

I didnt understand all his words, but I got the impression he was talking more about his contract than actual confirmation from Fox or Bryan. am I wrong?

He said he met Singer, they got along, and his availability to appear in DoFP has been confirmed.

He then says Vaughn will do the next Star Wars and it's all sorted "bar the deal", meaning it's all sorted out except for the actual deal to direct it.

I thought he said he met Bryan on First Class set.... but did he mean recently then??

I'd hope to see (beside Fassbender, McKellen, Stewart, McAvoy, Lawrence, Hoult and Flemyng)...For the past:

- Lucas Till (Havok)
- Rose Byrne (Moira)
- Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee)
- January Jones (Emma)
- Zoe Kravitz (Angel Salvadore)
- Alex Gonzalez (Riptide)

(The last two maybe must die)

For the future:
- Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
- James Marsden (Cyclops)
- Halle Berry (Storm)
- Kelsey Grammer (Beast)
- Rebecca Romijn (Mystique)

In cameos other ones like Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Angel...

And Polaris.

If all those characters you mentioned are gonna be in the movie too, then DOFP will be so crowded and that could hurt the film.

So I'm saying no to Moira, older Mystique, older Beast, older Cyclops, Riptide and Angel Salvadore.

dont expect only 5 characters on each timeline, psylock :D

This is an ambitious movie, and the big event movie from Fox, so Bryan will deal with many characters this time, and Im sure both he and Simon can handle all, taking into account other franchises, like Avengers or Lord of the rings, wich Singer seems to be a fan of.

I thought he said he met Bryan on First Class set.... but did he mean recently then??

Yes, he met Bryan on First Class set.

But he said his availability for DoFP was recently confirmed.

dont expect only 5 characters on each timeline, psylock :D.

I don't. Like I said before, they shouldn't bring back just 4 characters from the First Class cast. They need to include Havok, Banshee and Emma Frost. But some people here almost want all of the characters that appeared in the previous movies like Nightcrawler and Gambit to come back. They still have to make room for new characters.

Yes, he met Bryan on First Class set.

But he said his availability for DoFP was recently confirmed.
I could include him on the cast list, but something tells me we should wait for confirmation by someone inside the production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"