Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's absolutely an April Fools' joke.

They join a massive cast that includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Kelsey Grammer, Anna Paquin, Bruce Davidson, Svetlana Khodchekova, Edi Gathegi, Tao Okamoto, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Alan Cumming, Ray Park, January Jones, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster, Rebecca Romijn, Rose Byrne, Lucas Till, Kevin Durand, Kelly Hu, Eric Dane, Zoe Kravitz, Liev Schreiber, Tyler Mane, Aaron Stanford, Vinnie Jones, Fan Bingbing and Peter Dinklage.

At the end of The Last Stand, Leech was accepted into the school. Storm had taken over after Xavier, and she hugged the boy as a welcome.
If that "universe" is to mix with that in First Class, surely Leech is still in school.

At the end of The Last Stand, Leech was accepted into the school. Storm had taken over after Xavier, and she hugged the boy as a welcome.
If that "universe" is to mix with that in First Class, surely Leech is still in school.

We don't know what happened to the school in this future. In the original Days of Future Past pretty much everyone was dead save for about six characters who all got slowly picked off by sentinels.

I think this maybe an april fools joke. Besides I'm sure scott is already in it and Bryan is going to leave him as a surprise so he wouldn't announce it
it would be quite brilliant of them to announce something like Scott returning on April fools, knowing people would just dismiss the news as a joke, if he is in-fact returning and they wanted to keep it a surprise

I hate this april fool's pranks.Instead of real news get crap like this.

We don't know what happened to the school in this future. In the original Days of Future Past pretty much everyone was dead save for about six characters who all got slowly picked off by sentinels.

Exactly.

Leech is most likely dead.

Oh well.

I hope Singer wants Cameron Bright bc he's sort of a known face (not only from Twilight), and it could be a positive thing.

In the original Days of Future Past pretty much everyone was dead save for about six characters who all got slowly picked off by sentinels.
Leech is most likely dead.
Then have a Flashback sequence with Leech and a couple of others meeting their doom. Maybe Angel (Ben Foster) is one of them.
Would be a dumb thing not to do. All previous X-Men films are to be linked together here, right?

Maybe, but apart from the original trilogy team probably only being seen in an apocalyptic future where most are already dead. Secondly, most people couldn't care less about Leech's inclusion. It's needless to say the least.

Then have a Flashback sequence with Leech and a couple of others meeting their doom. Maybe Angel (Ben Foster) is one of them.
Would be a dumb thing not to do. All previous X-Men films are to be linked together here, right?

No, it would be a dumb thing to do. It would be a needless flashback to characters that barely mattered in the films they were in. Nobody will blink an eye if they are not present in a future where most are dead because it's a simple concept to grasp.

No, it would be a dumb thing to do. It would be a needless flashback to characters that barely mattered in the films they were in. Nobody will blink an eye if they are not present in a future where most are dead because it's a simple concept to grasp.
If they want to show what's happened in the dystopian future where almost every mutant died, would it be better to you if they showed other mutants dying, characters who haven't been used earlier?

I can imagine such a secene with Angel, Nightcrawler and Leech, similar to the training program with the giant robot in The Last Stand. Doesn't matter if it's in a blink of my eye.

If they want to show what's happened in the dystopian future where almost every mutant died, would it be better to you if they showed other mutants dying, characters who haven't been used earlier?

I can imagine such a secene with Angel, Nightcrawler and Leech, similar to the training program with the giant robot in The Last Stand. Doesn't matter if it's in a blink of my eye.

No one really cares about leech and it would be a waste of screentime and money to cast the nobody actor to reprise a role nobody cares about for a single scene in a movie that would work completely without it. I'd think it would be better to let it go.

No, it wouldn't. It's a waste of money and resources. You're talking about needlessly recasting actors for roles that aren't needed. You can just as easily establish they're dead without them around. Face it, nobody cares about Leech or wants him back.

No, it wouldn't. It's a waste of money and resources. You're talking about needlessly recasting actors for roles that aren't needed.
I asked if you rather see "unused" mutants dying that characters from the trilogy.

No one really cares about leech and it would be a waste of screentime and money to cast the nobody actor to reprise a role nobody cares about for a single scene in a movie that would work completely without it.
Since when is Cameron Bright a nobody actor?

I guess this discussion leads to my segway in the thread I made. How do they plan on killing off all these mutants? I don't need to see it happen per say. But we need a very good explanation of why the mutants are being hunted down to the point of extinction. I am wondering how they will explain that (meaning why the Sentinels?)

But yeah, I'd like to see some of the mutants we have gotten already for an explanation of sorts. Angel would be nice, but Ben Foster is probably too big a name to add. Nightcrawler as well. I don't need to see Leech either.

I never anticipated we'd get the cast Singer has scrapped together thus far, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
April Fools or not, Omar Sy as Maggott and Bippitybop as Avalanche don't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Maggott also had a past with Magneto so It wouldn't be crazy as a member of the brotherhood.Maggott could also be a 1973 X-Man.

Regardless Omar Sy Is probally playing a more Important supporting role than Colossus,Blink,and whoever Booboo Stewart Is playing.

On a side note, I JUST remembered Angel Salvatore and how nobody has mentioned her character not returning hahahahaha!

Probably because she's a wack character who strips for money, has fly wings and spit gobs of hot saliva, while being played completely unconvincingly by a weak "actress".

She was Included with the report of Hellfire club characters being dropped.

Almost nobody wanted her back.

Hahaha!

Emma! :( Moira! :( Azazel! :( Havok! :( Banshee! :(

Angel! :silence:

I guess this discussion leads to my segway in the thread I made. How do they plan on killing off all these mutants?

Well...since it's building off of the events in X3, perhaps a biological weapon has been employed in conjunction with the Sentinels. A germ or something like that...

me too. And I feel like this storyarc is the perfect one

but I guee Singer will incluce a random mutant... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija