Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
Now that both companies have given their initial presentations for the next generation of hardware, which console is currently more appealing to you? Which direction are you headed into the next generation?

621.png

xbox_event_0285.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Controller.jpg

original.png

[YT]Zxnx3W-HA18[/YT]

sony-ps4-logo.jpg

ps4-specs.jpg

DualShock_4.png

1.jpg

[YT]U8HVQXkeU8U[/YT]

Yea theres two CLEARLY different paths being laid out in front of us.

Sony is focusing on the gamer and MS is focusing on everyone BUT the gamer. Maybe this pays off for MS in the long run and theyll end up getting more people to bite overall, but at this point it seems like they dont care if gamers buy their system or not, they want everyone else.

As for which direction im heading it? Im even more interested in Valves Steam Boxes and PC gaming in general.

Honestly Ill have to wait until E3 to take an actual side for which to get first

I'm leaning PS4.

If it turns out Xbox has a bunch of exclusive that I care about I MIGHT bite the bullet, but otherwise Sony's machine is looking more attractive right now.

PS4. I only own the Xbox for Halo and Mass Effect. And Mass Effect already isn't exclusive anymore. Sony also managed to create some strong first party games and I believe they'll continue to do so with the PS4, and broaden their exclusive games gallery.

So even without the block of used games and possible always-on connection for games, that the new Xbox has, my choice was always PS4.

I'll do a round two after E3. :yay:

In that case I guess Xbox because:
1) Xbox has 2 exclusives I care about in Gears and Halo and PS only has 1 in UNcharted
2) I like the live Tv feature because my 2nd cable box just broke lol
3) I like the idea of original content like the Halo series. Hopefully they plan more non game related original content like how Netflix and Amazon is doing

I'm definitely leaning towards the PS4. But I'll wait until E3 to really decide. Just want to see more of a selection of games and what not first.

For me...I've already decided. I own botht he 360 and PS3 and found that I never actually use my 360 for games, just Netflix and Hulu...i'm just not interested in the exclusives. For gaming I almost always find interesting stuff on the PS3...a much more DIVERSE selection and by the look of the exclusives for next gen...it's going to be the same deal. Plus, I don't like Halo.

So for me, it's PS4.

Not buying a system at launch. Right now the PS4 looks better to purchase first, next year.

I'm kinda glad that both companies are going in different directions, since I feel like there's a point where they won't be much of a difference between the two consoles, in terms of games.

I'd like to think I'll end up with both, but realistically I'll probably have one a few years before I pick up the other. At the moment I'm not sure which console I'd favor, neither have announced any games that make me want to run out and buy either one. Watch Dogs looks kind of interesting, but other than that I'm happy to sit and wait for something really exciting.

For just these reveals? For these first (significant) moves on the board? Sony by a landslide.

Sony came out swinging for our audience, us guys sitting right here typing into this forum and millions of forums all over the web. Their first half hour was a tech-heavy talk on what the system could do and what that meant for games. Then it was games, games, games.

Microsoft's first half hour resembled the back half of an E3 show after they've pushed the AAA games out of the way and get to the Kinect updates. They introduced their new games system as a revolution for TV. And, at the end of the day, TV viewing isn't anywhere near in need of fundamental improvement. Incremental innovations that just don't matter in the long run. I am not a consumer that craves web-surfing while watching TV. I'm a more intelligent consumer than that.

After that they managed 10 minutes of games then actually went back to TV. It was unbelievable.

Still, it can all easily change come E3.

This new gen I'll only be getting 1 console and I'll officially chose a side after E3 even though I won't be buying one till early next year But right now..It's looking like PS4 by far!

Right now x1. I liked what they're doing with the system more than ps4. For me its all about what the system can do, the games are going to look great, there will be lots of them so what can the thing do and the Xbox One impressed me way more than the ps4. Forza looked breathtaking as did the new Remedy game. I'm curious to see what the 15 exclusive games are as well as the 8 new ips. Microsoft was in huge need of new ips so I'm curious as to what they are. Right now easily Xbox but that could easily change come e3

Last edited:
This new gen I'll only be getting 1 console and I'll officially chose a side after E3 even though I won't be buying one till early next year But right now..It's looking like PS4 by far!

Exactly what I'm doing...

My next gen plan is to upgrade my PC, get a Wii U after they drop the price, and then at some point down the road if there are any console exclusives that interest me I'll get a PS4.

Same here. More exclusives AND more diverse games. I mean...if you look at the 360 and Ps3 the game selection is entirely different when it comes to exclusives. I prefer the diversity of the Playstation.

I'll get whichever system has more of the games I am interested in. I don't give a rat's ass about empty corporate slogans of which is more focused on the hardcore gamer and whatnot. Heck, Nintendo is the most 'gamer-centric' of the three and I haven't bothered with them since the SNES.

For now, I have a backlog of a dozen games on my PC, so I'm in no hurry to buy a new console anyway. The GTX-590 in my rig is more than capable of visually standing up to the first wave of whatever the next-gen consoles can throw at it.

Probably PlayStation 4, i'm more of a SONY guy (except when it comes to portable consoles), the only X-Box exclusive i care about is Halo.

Right now x1. I liked what they're doing with the system more than ps4. For me its all about what the system can do, the games are going to look great, there will be lots of them so what can the thing do and the Xbox One impressed me way more than the ps4. Forza looked breathtaking as did the new Remedy game. I'm curious to see what the 15 exclusive games are as well as the 8 new ips. Microsoft was in huge need of new ips so I'm curious as to what they are. Right now easily Xbox but that could easily change come e3

You make a really good point. Someone brought this up at IGN, basically saying no matter how much we core gamers hate it, Microsoft are going to snag a LOT more of that casual crowd than they are going to lose when it comes to the hardcore.

Like you said, its going to have games. They did this generation and thats not going to change. They will still be the desired platform for Call of Duty, they'll still deliver a great online experience etc.

And i agree, at this point its really hard to argue that Sony has shown that their system can do more. Sony didnt come close to showing off the features of their console the way MS did with the Xbox One, HOWEVER, and this is where MS starts to lose me:

Its their focus. They seem to be focused on the casual leaps and bounds more than they are on the core. I get that, there is more money to be made if you can get those people, i get that, but if nothing else, make it a 50/50 split. Right now it seems like its a 90/10 split for the casual crowd.

I want a console thats going to deliver the best games and games related experience. MS didnt show me how all this nonsense they are adding will better my games. Oh neat, i can switch to a movie then back to my game? WTF, why do i want to do that? Sony just showed me that games will look nicer.

I could not be less enthused going into this next gen right now. Damn E3 needs to blow me away this yr.

I am sticking with the XBOX One & the Wii U this year. Don't like the idea of being force to keep all of these Systems. So I will hold off getting a PS4

You make a really good point. Someone brought this up at IGN, basically saying no matter how much we core gamers hate it, Microsoft are going to snag a LOT more of that casual crowd than they are going to lose when it comes to the hardcore.

Like you said, its going to have games. They did this generation and thats not going to change. They will still be the desired platform for Call of Duty, they'll still deliver a great online experience etc.

And i agree, at this point its really hard to argue that Sony has shown that their system can do more. Sony didnt come close to showing off the features of their console the way MS did with the Xbox One, HOWEVER, and this is where MS starts to lose me:

Its their focus. They seem to be focused on the casual leaps and bounds more than they are on the core. I get that, there is more money to be made if you can get those people, i get that, but if nothing else, make it a 50/50 split. Right now it seems like its a 90/10 split for the casual crowd.

I want a console thats going to deliver the best games and games related experience. MS didnt show me how all this nonsense they are adding will better my games. Oh neat, i can switch to a movie then back to my game? WTF, why do i want to do that? Sony just showed me that games will look nicer.

I could not be less enthused going into this next gen right now. Damn E3 needs to blow me away this yr.

I agree, I hope with E3 Sony shows off more of the features and MS shows off more of the games at their press conferences and then on the floor I hope there are many of the new games. If I had to choose right now it'd be Xbox but I'd rather just wait a year or so and see what games are coming out holiday season of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"