Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forza game as Adam Sessler pointed out was all trailer not actual in-gameplay footage. As was the new Remedy game. So ya. Sony actually showed their games in real time while playing them, like they did with Fallon's show with Killzone.

Adam also pointed out, as many have, they were not getting into specifics of what the console specs are as in what kind of RAM ect. The reason why is they know it's not as powerful as the PS4 so they just kinda through that out there. What kind of ram DDR3? DDR5? Things like that had me wondering. To me they showed it can do a lot with your TV, but not as much with your games. All Sony did for two full hours was show that.

Of course MS will have games, but not as soon as Sony will or as many in variety. Again Sony has over 30 in house devs, MS has 4. It just comes down to pure numbers at that point.

I was going to get both, now I'm leaning right now more towards the PS4 alone. To me I think most of their new games will be Kinect based shovelware. So I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope they show different but I doubt they will. Sony showed a whole ton more of what their system could do then MS did. And they still have a lot at E3 to show. I'm getting this feeling MS does not have near as much to show, and that's why the reveal was pretty short.

Well in a few weeks we will know more. But PS4 is a lock for me. They continue to create new IP's and different types of game experiences so I'm on board with that.

After the new news of the bull crap that Microsoft is doing with used games, yeah going PC

After the new news of the bull crap that Microsoft is doing with used games, yeah going PC
lol wow that took a bit of time for you to find out . Well at least you know about it. but this reaction/ turn around was interesting. Not unexpected but interesting

I really don't care about any of the new consoles. Right now I just want to replace my broken 360 and maybe a get used Wii on the cheap. There's still a ton of great games out there from this generation that I have yet to play.

However, the news about MS using downloads to prevent used game sales.. that's bull. If Sony isn't doing the same thing, then I definitely think they'll do better in sales, and will be my choice for a new console in the future.

MS may have made a huge blunder with that decision. And what kind of stupid name is XBox 1?

Last edited:
The PS4 conference left me wanting a PS4. The XOne conference left me needing more information.

I'm still not sold one way or the other just yet, I'm very away that the XOne conference was targeted at a different audience. There's still unknowns on both sides. E3 will be the big test.

The time will come when you can't buy used games in stores anymore, and everything will be digital. That's the future where we are headed. Instead of just giving it time though, Microsoft is forcing the change on us.

The time will come when you can't buy used games in stores anymore, and everything will be digital. That's the future where we are headed. Instead of just giving it time though, Microsoft is forcing the change on us.

If Microsoft embraced it ala Steam and allowed developers to have huge discounts and sales, I wouldn't complain.

I'm more than happy to live in an all-digital world.

Honestly, if they'd go all Steam, I wouldn't complain either.

I really don't care about any of the new consoles. Right now I just want to replace my broken 360 and maybe a get used Wii on the cheap. There's still a ton of great games out there from this generation that I have yet to play.

However, the news about MS using downloads to prevent used game sales.. that's bull. If Sony isn't doing the same thing, then I definitely think they'll do better in sales, and will be my choice for a new console in the future.

MS may have made a huge blunder with that decision. And what kind of stupid name is XBox 1?

currently so far their stance was this
PlayStation 4 Addresses Used Games
"'We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year,' says a Sony spokesperson. 'But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won't make decisions that damage our relationship with them.'"
and that was the last any one heard about it.
Now that Microsoft have went on threw out used games in a way. we'll mostlikely see sony's answer on this at E3. Hopefully.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Sony won't directly block used games But will allow developers/publishers to do so or will do it like MS But in a less restrictive way some how.

I would say I'm gonna wait and see,but honestly I'm more than likely going with a PS4.I'm not getting one at launch though.I'll wait till there's a diverse amount of games.(and possibly a price drop)I need fighting games.

I'm going to wait until E3 to make the official decision, but I'm leading towards Xbox. Though, I do want to get both consoles eventually

MS's conference today was a CONSOLE reveal & so they showed off what the console does. If E3 comes & we don't see many games, THEN we can whine & moan

MS's conference today was a CONSOLE reveal & so they showed off what the console does. If E3 comes & we don't see many games, THEN we can whine & moan

Yea and i get that, but you have to look at how it was presented. They showed the console and what it can do, but it was almost as if MS seemed annoyed that they had to talk about games.

I'm going to wait until E3 to make the official decision, but I'm leading towards Xbox. Though, I do want to get both consoles eventually

They might as well have shown a brick. Because that's what a console does is play games. And that is what it should show/be the core of first and foremost. They should have made it a 5 minute event then, not an hour long one. The 360 one showed a bunch of games and they focused on that. This one they did not. I play consoles for games. And that is what Sony has shown they are dedicating their business model around. MS's message was not that at all.

I actually disagree that it was focused on the console. Sony's was more console-focused than Microsoft's, honestly. Microsoft's was much more focused on services than anything else.

I won't care how MS talks about games as long as there's good exclusives. If most of the exclusives are Kinect BS, yeah I'll be mad; but we just hav to wait and see

I actually disagree that it was focused on the console. Sony's was more console-focused than Microsoft's, honestly. Microsoft's was much more focused on services than anything else.

Agreed. Sony went into deep details of the hardware ect, and what it could do. MS's was very superficial, not explaining what type of RAM ect, just going over basic stuff. And more so the "TV remote thing with the kinect" was very basic, not in depth at all. Sony spent much more time on going into details about the console/business model.

I am sticking with the XBOX One & the Wii U this year. Don't like the idea of being force to keep all of these Systems. So I will hold off getting a PS4
What do you mean? One isn't backwards compatible either so if you already own a 360, you're going to have to keep it.

Yea and i get that, but you have to look at how it was presented. They showed the console and what it can do, but it was almost as if MS seemed annoyed that they had to talk about games.
Yeah, its about the first impression, and in this case, it was more about who the target audience is. Both companies are going to have games and will be multimedia platforms, but Sony came off as saying the gamer is important in their minds, whereas Microsoft was more like everyone is "important". And this is important because if you think about a situation where Sony and Microsoft developers are asking for feedback, Sony is going to listen to gamers like us and hear what their problems are and how they could fix it, whereas Microsoft might take feedback from Joe Schmoe who only used his system to watch movies. So while Sony is trying to make the gaming experience better, MS would be trying to make the overall experience better, and if you're someone like me who only uses your system for games, all of that other stuff doesn't even matter much.

Yeah, and I've actually been hearing from some people in the industry that everything that they did show off today was not really anything new. Its not as innovative as it seems, but it does allow them to do things that they wanted and should've been doing for a while now.

I can see game retailers pushing the crap out of PS4,The pre-owned games market is a huge slice of their business and the more people that own PS4's the better it is for them,They won't benefit from X1 apart from the initial sales of consoles and new games.

Interesting...

jboraj9C4qiKNk.png

MS really come out guns blazing at E3 or they're done. I'll hate losing my gamercard, but if MS doesn't impress me at E3 I'll get a PS4 first

Until then I'll have some hope that MS uses this conference to get the boring stuff, that's plagued their E3 shows for the past couple years, out of the way

I think it's because they have not a lot to show. I still think Sony will show more at E3, mainly because they have more resources and have worked real hard to work hand and hand with devs. Which is maybe one of the more important aspects. It's what made Sony dethrone Nintendo back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"