Xcom: the shooter

Fresh pics suggest that the XCOM FPS may now be a squad-based third person shooter

Tweet

Comments 35
Tom Senior at 03:15pm October 1 2012
Some images from a recent marketing survey have been sent to Kotaku, showing what could be the latest iteration of the XCOM first person shooter that’s been knocking around for years. Kotaku report that the survey blurb suggests that it’s still being put together by 2K Marin with the same 60s setting, but is now a third person shooter with squad control mechanics. One question asks whether the testee would respond favourably to a lower price point, set at $30 instead of $60.
2K have responded to say “we have not made any new announcements regarding the XCOM title currently in development at 2K Marin, and it is our policy not to comment on rumors or speculation.” You’ll find some of the screenshots sent to Kotaku below.

source: Pc gamer

That's better news to hear it'll make more sense this way especially with how the strategy game is and I can it like how Mass Effect was done to a degree with more options. and lastly the FPS genre is crowed enough as it is.

XCOM, the shooter, still alive and set for FY 2014 launch

(4 hours ago)

XCOM, the shooter from 2K Marin, is still a part of Take-Two's future launch plans, scheduled for fiscal year 2014. Take-Two's fiscal 2014 runs from April 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014. This is the same release window XCOM received in May 2012, which is also the last time we heard any significant news about the game.

"2K Marin continues to make progress on XCOM," Take-Two said today during a financial call.

XCOM has been delayed twice, from an initial launch date of March 6, 2012, and now past its second window in FY 2013. Developer Firaxis launched XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the strategy game, last year also under 2K Games, and we thought it was quite a boon to the franchise, even without any first-person alien-gunning.
Source: Take-Two Interactive

2K Marin is really going to shoot themselves in the foot with this X-Com shooter. As history states, the longer a game is in development, the more it's going to suck.

Re-imagining X-Com as an FBI agency back in the 1940's. Who the f--- asked for that?

I'll just wait for a sequel to Enemy Unknown.

I'm looking forward to both.

yeah now that they said it'll in 3rd person and they are fans of mass effect the series, I'll be giving this even more of a chance to see how this turns out.

Last edited:
this was just put up.

• The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Demands Smart Play And Agile Minds

Preview
    on May 13, 2013 at 07:00 AM
    xbox360-icon.png

We got hands-on time with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and came away impressed.
    ... More
source:GI

Here's a game play video for you all to see that was put up today. and you'll se what they too Mass effect as well as they stated.

[YT]2aVslpAb17c[/YT]
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is the origin story to XCOM. You may remember it once as a FPS. Now it's swung to a third-person perspective.

source : 2K's The Bureau: XCOM Declassified youTube channel.

Previews

Going Third Person in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Jose gets a new look at The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, formerly known simply as XCOM, and finds out why the developers have changed it from a first-person shooter in a third-person action game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

So it's at the start of the cold war and JFK helped found it. Interesting.

Last edited:

First Contact With The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

7 hours 10 minutes ago - Announced in 2010, 2K’s XCOM shooter is finally ready to land this August. Mulder and Scully would be jealous: the truth is in here. Read More »

[YT]PdHFjVW-dIg[/YT]

The Evolution of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Published on May 10, 2013
How the new XCOM spin-off went from a first-person horror game to a tactical third-person shooter.

source:IGN

1. Play Video
    Video | about 4 hours ago | 15
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - E3 2013 Stage Demo

Think you'd like your XCOM with a little more 60's suit and tie? Creative Director Morgan Gray drops by the stage to give us our first good look at how The Bureau: XCOM Declassified actually plays! Mad men. Mad aliens. Mad tactical action.

source: Gamespot

This seems to be turning out well. though i think it was a slight mistake to have dropped the investigative side . it would added a new level of uniqueness since it's a third person shooter now it the fact cause they admitted to being fans of mass effect and this looks alot like it in game play it's definitely needed so people won't use that as as an excuse to write it off.

Last edited:

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's Battle Focus Is Your Best Weapon

Preview
by Mike Futter on Jun 19, 2013 at 07:00 AM
xbox360-icon.png

Want to see The Bureau: XCOM Declassified in action? We've got a new trailer, screenshots, and the final box art.
... More

The Bureau declassifies DLC plans

(23 minutes ago)

Publisher 2K Games announced today that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified will have pre-order and post-launch downloadable content, which is about as shocking of a revelation as knowing Marmite will divide humanity into the two groups of the next great war.

"We're excited that our stories will provide a new perspective on the war effort, much like how our critically acclaimed Minvera's Den DLC for BioShock 2 allowed us to present a unique perspective of Rapture," said Morgan Gray, development director at 2K Marin.

The game's pre-order bonus is the "Codebreakers" side mission. In it, Special Agent Carter and his squad must reestablish contact a top-secret government communications facility, eliminate any threats and decrypt the employee's combined lunch order. There are no details about the post-launch DLC, but the first pack "will be available exclusively to Xbox 360 players."

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified will fight the future on August 20 and 23 in North America and internationally, respectively.

Last edited:
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified hands-on: a punishing, tactical take on XCOM’s origin story

16 Comments
at 10:00am June 22 2013
There’s a moment, very early on during my time with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, when I realise that I’m definitely playing an XCOM game. And funnily enough, it’s not the point at which I slow down time and order a complex series of flanking manoeuvres followed by special attacks to my two companions. It comes immediately afterwards, when I arrogantly decide that, actually, I’ve played tons of third-person shooters, thanks very much – and all this ‘tactical’ nonsense is a bit beneath me and my awesome headshot abilities. Sectoids have oversized skulls anyway, right? Shouldn’t be too hard to nab that damage bonus. And so, I decide to run-and-gun my way through the next wave of alien forces. They get my squad members first of all. Without the direction of their commander, they suddenly seem overwhelmed by the stresses and strains of extraterrestrial combat. And then, when the aliens have finished with my teammates, they come for poor outnumbered, outgunned me. It’s a dismal, humiliating failure but, as protagonist William Carter slumps to the ground after a failed attempt to resuscitate one of his companions, I’m filled with a powerful sense of joy.

Aliens Probably Exist - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on Up at Noon

6 hours 59 minutes ago - Nick Pope investigated UFOs for the British government. His stories are creepy. Read More »

source: Pc gamer & IGN

Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"