Yahya Abdul-Mateen II IS Black Manta

Costume on display at SDCC.

TyeVYIa.jpg

He’s serving Big Daddy realness and I am here for it

The more I see of each costume, the more and more I fall in love with this movie! Black Manta looks amazing!:hmr::
DibZspkVAAArHH1.jpg:large

I read some comments making fun of Black Manta's helmet. I just want to say there's a reason for it. It's big and round because that's how all aquanaut helmets are to survive the pressures of the deep. The almond shape is similar to a manta ray. He also has a spear like a manta ray's barbed tail so that's why he's named manta. I'm sure a lot of fans already realize this. I think it's cool that the character is different in that he's named after what he resembles instead of intentionally dressing up as animal like Batman or Black Panther.

Love the helmet look but that thing must be heavy to wear in real life. You need super strong neck muscles.

Well, his suit is a full-on exoskeleton so it probably provides a lot of support for the helmet.

I think it's cool that the character is different in that he's named after what he resembles instead of intentionally dressing up as animal like Batman or Black Panther.

:huh:

How is Manta different? How is he not intentionally dressing up like a Manta ray?

That suit is everything it should be and more. So happy. Now they have to just nail Manta's stone cold ruthlessness.

Think he's referring to something more overt as this:
th

Hahaha yesssss love this reference!

Hey if they can call Thanos Grimace over at marvel maybe they should call black manta manta ray...or aquaman mermaid man

If he's done right, Manta will be one of the best rogues we've seen in a while. Not only is his appearance memorably distinguishable, but the man is so calculatingly ruthless that he is irresistible as a villain. Not to mention all of his different weapons and tech. Just a complete badass.

If he's done right, Manta will be one of the best rogues we've seen in a while. Not only is his appearance memorably distinguishable, but the man is so calculatingly ruthless that he is irresistible as a villain. Not to mention all of his different weapons and tech. Just a complete badass.

THIS. They better capture that and set up a real sense on his part that he would do anything to hurt Aquaman.

THIS. They better capture that and set up a real sense on his part that he would do anything to hurt Aquaman.

Oh man, I wonder if they'll be ballsy and go the son route eventually...you know what I'm talking about.

I think I heard that Manta loses his father to Aquaman in this movie sooo... vengeance, anyone? :hmr:

I like Manta but his cgi did not look good to me in the trailer.

Manta looked awesome in the trailer.

God I can’t wait to hear what he sounds like and what his sound effects will be like.

So glad Wan is getting all the details right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"