You guys have a virus problem on the board

I had 17 viruses on my computer because of this little incident...

...All blocked, quarantined, and deleted by BitDefender.

I may have a lead into catching the source of the problem. Since about the same time this problem arose I am unable to access SHH! from AT&T Yahoo. I was always able to do so before.

This is what I get when trying to access from Yahoo:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) Server at www.superherohype.com Port 80 --------------------------------------------------------Of course, I suppose it could be attributed to me swithing internet providers.

Man think of how many people will have to reformat their hard drive because of this. Too many to count.

Even if it's true I only convinced two people to reformat their hard drives, that's two people too many, and that's not counting ComicChick:

"I have a problem with Flash player!"
"Reformat your hard drive!"
"Ok!"

...mercy

You guys oughta be ashamed of yourselves.

No, but I'm ashamed of you.

Seriously. None of this is that big an issue. Spyware scan, virus scan. Simple.

Jerry.. thats just wrong, thats lower than what I would do..

Calm down, calm down, I'm sure if she actually went ahead and did it she backed up her data. I didn't think she would actually take that suggestion seriously.

I got something called 'rundll32.exe'. It's recent but I'm not saying for sure it came from here. Anyway, I ran Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, SpyEraser, RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC, Your Uninstaller and HiJackThis. They all deleted it but it keeps coming back. This is one of the worst viruses I have ever had. This thing is killing my RAM. I have an old computer and it only has 255Mbs of RAM and this thing is using up 200 of it. Please I need help.

Wow, I say definitely reformat your hard drive.

Even with the Spybot loaded, it keeps coming back and biting me every day. I'm afraid to use my computer for any online business stuff now (because if this is what I see, how bad is the stuff I can't see). Thank goodness I can use the Telephone to send in my tax return. I'm fear I'm going to have to bite the bullet and reinstall on the weekend.

It may not be as bad as I think, but it's about the worst I've ever experienced.

I used to trust the Hype implicitly, it was my A#1 site, recommended to my friends as THE place to go for fun.

this ****ing thing is back again!

I got something called 'rundll32.exe'. It's recent but I'm not saying for sure it came from here. Anyway, I ran Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, SpyEraser, RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC, Your Uninstaller and HiJackThis. They all deleted it but it keeps coming back. This is one of the worst viruses I have ever had. This thing is killing my RAM. I have an old computer and it only has 255Mbs of RAM and this thing is using up 200 of it. Please I need help.

Bro,..rundll32 is the program that runs dll's on windows.Most likely you have a dll registry entry that needs to get removed,not the exe itself.(I cant imagine the severity of what could happen if you removed the exe completely.dont do it)

The only problems Ive encountered since all this began are two adwares that windows defender found.And I had a clogged email in my outbox of oe(probly unrelated)

To anyone using windows ,try windows defender.It found those adwares that spybots&d didnt.

RunDll32.exe is a necessary part of your computer man. Without it, half of your programs wouldn't work. However there are cases of viruses that disguise themselves under that name. Run a virus scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"